Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want to see in the Last IP Demo?

I'm putting this thread up so maybe the simgurus who are in charge of planning for these demos will see what everyone wants to see and possibly show it in the demo.

I want to see the following.

Woohooing in the underwater caves and all in one bathroom.

I want to see how the underwater camera works underwater. I'd like to see a sim take a picture and then place it on the sims wall at home to see how it turned out.

Comments

• Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited June 2013
    I want to see them discover a hidden island and talk about possible requirements they have of being discovered. I also want to see them use the new lot placement tool.

And of course you want to see the new woohoo spots. But they're literally going to look exactly the same as every other woohoo spot. Bubbles will spew out of the cave, possible hearts around it, maybe a little shaking of the cave, and that's it. Same with the shower.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't think the underwater camera will be any different to our other camera. It would just be underwater pictures with a few new photo collections.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2013
    I like to see:

- more of the toddler "swimming"
    - what can kids do? can they snorkel? can they use any form of boat?
    - will mersim kids get a tail in the pool?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    frenchpoodle777frenchpoodle777 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited June 2013
    In all honesty, I hope they show everything so you can finally be satisfied and stop coming to the forums and clogging every topic and thread with your wants of beach balls, bear rugs, romantic interactions, mermaid tales, new ways to woohoo, different shark types and repeat.

You've been requesting these things since Island Paradise was announced and haven't stopped since.. :roll:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,456 Member
    edited June 2013
    In all honesty, I hope they show everything so you can finally be satisfied and stop coming to the forums and clogging every topic and thread with your wants of beach balls, bear rugs, romantic interactions, mermaid tales, new ways to woohoo, different shark types and repeat.

You've been requesting these things since Island Paradise was announced and haven't stopped since.. :roll:

So has a lot of other people so what of it? If you haven't noticed my thead isn't the only one on sharks and mermaids. :roll:
  • Options
    KMKingmanKMKingman Posts: 269
    edited June 2013
    I want to see how the new travel system works. I wanted to start a sim and give her skills and stuff to be ready for IP but I don't want to lose all of those when I mover her to the new world.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    I want to see all the interactions that can take place on the beach--i.e., building sandcastles, playing in the waves, sunbathing.

I also want to see all the different boat types and see a sim windsurfing.

Finally, I want to learn more about the resort buffets and if there are new foods.

Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    KyuWolf13KyuWolf13 Posts: 322 Member
    edited June 2013
    KMKingman wrote:
    I want to see how the new travel system works. I wanted to start a sim and give her skills and stuff to be ready for IP but I don't want to lose all of those when I mover her to the new world.

Wouldn't mind that myself. As well Scuba Diving. I want to actually see how you sim around underwater and all that cool stuff. We seen some but I want to see it live.

As wouldn't mind seeing how to place the new slits because I know I have trouble with that in the future.
  • Options
    KyuWolf13KyuWolf13 Posts: 322 Member
    edited June 2013
    KyuWolf13 wrote:
    KMKingman wrote:

Wouldn't mind that myself. As well Scuba Diving. I want to actually see how you sim around underwater and all that cool stuff. We seen some but I want to see it live.

As wouldn't mind seeing how to place the new foundation to place a house over the water. Because I know I have trouble with that in the future.
  • Options
    frollo6060frollo6060 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think their gonna show underwater stuff but i hope for more resorts :mrgreen:<3 resorts
  • Options
    jennthyajennthya Posts: 328 Member
    edited June 2013
    1. I would really like some info on Mermaids and their functionality. For instance, is it possible to play them entirely in the ocean, or will they need a land lot? What age does the tail show up in water(I've seen at teen, but would like this confirmed).

2. Info on moving a sim family to a new world. What goes w/ them and so forth.

3. The new Lifeguard profession. Can you just plop a lifeguard chair on any beach or pool and a lifeguard appears? Is it like a Ambitions profession w/ "jobs" or is it more like moonlighting as a bartender?

4. Anything else they'd like to tell us! :wink:
  • Options
    BetacetiBetaceti Posts: 1,914 New Member
    edited June 2013
    When is the last LB?
  • Options
    JackBrevesJackBreves Posts: 511
    edited June 2013
    I want them to explain how scuba diving will work. I know we can only dive in certain dive lots, but I want to know more. All there is to know really :P

Also, I'd like for them to take a second and explain how the moving to a new neighborhood thing works. I don't see a lot of explanations out there.
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited June 2013
    Betaceti wrote:
    When is the last LB?
    June 18.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have somemore to add.

I want to see the mermaids of course and also more of the sharks,kraken and marine life as well as info on collecting shells.

I also hope they're going have the radio playing some of the new music and not the one with the trailer the songs we haven't heard yet.

I'd like for them to show how placing lots on the water will work.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited June 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    I like to see:

Pretty much everything there is to know about mermaids has been revealed, check the wiki for more info. But mermaid children do NOT have tails until they reach teen years, they will however be able to swim and have scales.

video of mermaids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KbEdNPuJMU

Video of mermaid children and pregnancy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOyzrtYNl-0&amp;list=UUL2yFaWfMjEe0vfSEziPb1w&amp;index=2

but yes please check the wiki. Loving the mermaids :D
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    edited June 2013
    well in the next demo I would like to see how you use the multi home feature, and also show some live demo of the mermaids. x :) two weeks until the live demo, can't wait. :D
  • Options
    j0nathanhj0nathanh Posts: 115 Member
    edited June 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    I like to see:

I read on Sims wikia that mermaids won't have proper tails until they're teens :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    I like to see:

Pretty much everything there is to know about mermaids has been revealed, check the wiki for more info. But mermaid children do NOT have tails until they reach teen years, they will however be able to swim and have scales.

video of mermaids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KbEdNPuJMU

Video of mermaid children and pregnancy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOyzrtYNl-0&amp;list=UUL2yFaWfMjEe0vfSEziPb1w&amp;index=2

but yes please check the wiki. Loving the mermaids :D

Yea but I still want to see them on the LB because I want to see more gameplay of them scuba diving. Besides I want to hear the simgurus take on merms.

Edit
    Please gurus take us on a tour of the town. I especially want to see that large waterfall that has been shown a closer in videoshot. Maybe send some sims there to swim. Pretty please. :D
  • Options
    YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'd love to see what the younger ages can do in the ocean, from toddler to teen. I know toddlers probably don't get anything more than the splashing action we've already seen, but it's always nice to see it again and learn about the other young age groups.

I think a quick little world tour would be great too. Not only would we get to see all of the rabbitholes but getting a feel for the world before we get to play would help with moving in our test Sims. Mine are ready to kick back in Isla Paradiso. 8)
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see them let all those who pre-ordered through Origin have IP a week early! One can dream, right?

Ok, in all seriousness, I would like more info on the new "move household" option. I would also like to see more about the different sand and water play interactions. More than anything, though, I'd really like to know if there will be any new harvestables. Fingers crossed for coconuts and pineapple...and sims having to climb coconut trees to harvest them. Could be a new death type- death by falling or being hit on head with a coconut. Maybe in Sims 4 :wink:
  • Options
    ClaireB-simClaireB-sim Posts: 22
    edited June 2013
    I'm interested in lot placing specifics. Can we place a saved or premade lot on a lot that is part land part water? Would it level the terrain and if so, if we lower the terrain on the area that was water, would the sea become visible and useable again?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BetacetiBetaceti Posts: 1,914 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Betaceti wrote:
    When is the last LB?
    June 18.

Thanks! :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm interested in lot placing specifics. Can we place a saved or premade lot on a lot that it part land part water? Would it level the terrain and if so, if we lower the terrain on the area that was water, would the sea become visible and useable again?

This as well as how to build a port. I'm not good at building so I'd like for the gurus to give us a demo of building a port over the water.

I know there are empty ports in Isla Paradiso but were going to have to most likely build them if we want them in other towns.