Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - World Developer

Since The Sims 4 has been announced, I am not too optimistic that The Sims 3 Create a World will be updated. I have compiled a list of features that I wish would be added to a Sims 4 world developer (if there is one). These features will certainly add a whole another dimension to the possibilities of creating your own unique world, and will be straight-forward and make the program easier to use.

New Features of Creating the World:

Weather Preferences: When creating a world, you can set a custom weather pattern, which can improve the feel of the area you are creating. EX: if you are making a northern/ arctic world, you can set snow to be much more consistent than average (in game, the player can readjust these options if they want a normal weather cycle).

Street Parking: A separate, wider road type can be placed in the world, which will allow cars to park in front of their desired destination.

Effect Objects: Like the Fog Emitter, effect objects would display different elements; birds, waves, etc. However, the effects can be placed right when editing the world, as opposed to having to code it yourself.

In-Program Terrain Texture Creator: Adjust the hues, saturation, contrast, and more of terrain textures right in the world developer.

Water and Sky Color Editors: Adjust the colors of the water and sky right in the world developer.

Random World Name Generator: Like in Create a Sim, there could be a random world name creator for those who have a difficult time deciding on one.

Lot Folders in Game: To keep a track of lots made specifically for a certain neighborhood, you can add them to a folder so they are easy to find and plop down right in the world.

Add Families in Game: Create and place families that will be included in the downloaded world.

Distant Terrain Creator: An array of different shaped distant terrains can be customized by editing an image file.

New Features of Sharing Your World:

Updated World Exchange Pages: The world pages on The Sims 4 Exchange should be similar to the world pages that are current in the Sims 3 Store. That means, you could take multiple pictures and add them to the world album, choose a cover photo, add a custom world logo, and give a description of the world. This will give players a more detailed idea of what they are downloading onto their computer.

Custom Content Filter: To protect you from infected files, there should be an option to download a custom content - free world. The separate file would be right on the world page, along with the version with additional objects. Downloading the custom content version will then be entirely at the person's discretion.

Comments

• Options
    glen416glen416 Posts: 380 New Member
    edited May 2013
    If there could be a simpler way to create the worlds, I could not get Bridges to be at Street level as an example. I really need to be able to post my world and then playtest it and then download it again make corrections and test again. as it stands now I can only post my world once unless I use Difficult Hacks. If there was a way to upload with Passwords so that I could upload in stages, it would help a lot.
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited May 2013
    Some good ideas but I'd like to add:

A rotate object thingy which actually works

Trees that stick to the terrain and never float

Distant terrain which starts out on a flat level

Most of the terrain tools from Simcity 4...
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    edited May 2013
    you have some great ideas, especially the distant terrain creator. It would be nice if you set the edges of your world and then the program just "filled in the blanks" so to speak... I'm not a fan of constantly having to use their distant terrains or make islands!

A weather preference system would be amazing, or (and I'm probably dreaming a little too much here), weather which is slightly based on elevation. I'd love to have a world with a more mountainous region, where it snows, and then some low lying lands where it only snows in winter.... or something like that. A climate control setting or something would be another thing to call it :)
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited May 2013
    I just hope they make it easier to use in general. I'm pretty tech savvy (atleast i think so) and the program was not user friendly for me. :( And I wanted to create and populate my own worlds with my own townies sooooooo bad!
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2013
    Since The Sims 4 has been announced, I am not too optimistic that The Sims 3 Create a World will be updated. I have compiled a list of features that I wish would be added to a Sims 4 world developer (if there is one). These features will certainly add a whole another dimension to the possibilities of creating your own unique world, and will be straight-forward and make the program easier to use.

New Features of Creating the World:

Weather Preferences: When creating a world, you can set a custom weather pattern, which can improve the feel of the area you are creating. EX: if you are making a northern/ arctic world, you can set snow to be much more consistent than average (in game, the player can readjust these options if they want a normal weather cycle).

Street Parking: A separate, wider road type can be placed in the world, which will allow cars to park in front of their desired destination.

Effect Objects: Like the Fog Emitter, effect objects would display different elements; birds, waves, etc. However, the effects can be placed right when editing the world, as opposed to having to code it yourself.

In-Program Terrain Texture Creator: Adjust the hues, saturation, contrast, and more of terrain textures right in the world developer.

Water and Sky Color Editors: Adjust the colors of the water and sky right in the world developer.

Random World Name Generator: Like in Create a Sim, there could be a random world name creator for those who have a difficult time deciding on one.

Lot Folders in Game: To keep a track of lots made specifically for a certain neighborhood, you can add them to a folder so they are easy to find and plop down right in the world.

Add Families in Game: Create and place families that will be included in the downloaded world.

Distant Terrain Creator: An array of different shaped distant terrains can be customized by editing an image file.

New Features of Sharing Your World:

Updated World Exchange Pages: The world pages on The Sims 4 Exchange should be similar to the world pages that are current in the Sims 3 Store. That means, you could take multiple pictures and add them to the world album, choose a cover photo, add a custom world logo, and give a description of the world. This will give players a more detailed idea of what they are downloading onto their computer.

Custom Content Filter: To protect you from infected files, there should be an option to download a custom content - free world. The separate file would be right on the world page, along with the version with additional objects. Downloading the custom content version will then be entirely at the person's discretion.

This sounds wonderful!
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Great ideas :)
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2013
    Heck I'd just like it to work!