Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to be able to create a medieval world in the Sims 4

So EA says they want us to be able to fully customize the Sims 4, yada yada ya. Well I want a medieval world in the Sims 4. So please do not make every character come with a cell phone. Don't make it so that we must have cars on the road. And give us the option to decide what clothes and hairstyles townies will randomly decide to wear. Or better yet, just make a medieval EP. Because I really want a medieval sandbox to play in.

Comments

• Options
    JacobRuehlmanJacobRuehlman Posts: 495 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope you get your wish Aeroprincess! :D
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    So EA says they want us to be able to fully customize the Sims 4, yada yada ya. Well I want a medieval world in the Sims 4. So please do not make every character come with a cell phone. Don't make it so that we must have cars on the road. And give us the option to decide what clothes and hairstyles townies will randomly decide to wear. Or better yet, just make a medieval EP. Because I really want a medieval sandbox to play in.

Your wish is the same as mine here. PLEASE listen to this woman EA!!!
  • Options
    vllygrlvllygrl Posts: 31 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Me Toooooooo!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Edited to add: I'd also reaaallllly like a gritty Dickensian-industrial-Victorian-Steampunk world!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree 100% I want a medieval sandbox too!
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited May 2013
    Good to know I'm not alone. :)
  • Options
    simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, would like it if we could to create other time periods!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    simbilN99 wrote:

Exactly. The Rococo and Tudor sets in the store are WONDERFUL and I would hope that EA takes this idea forward in Sims 4. The "problem" however is all the modern things we're "stuck" with from the base game that pretty much ruin the illusion. So ideally I'd like the ability to toggle off cars, phones, TVs, stereos, computers, etc. as part of the base game. THEN when they come out with these historical sets or, even better, historical EPs, we're able to implement them seamlessly. And until they DO come out with such sets and worlds our talented builders and makers of CC clothing and hair can help us achieve such worlds on our own! :)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited May 2013
    Love this idea!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    simbilN99 wrote:

Exactly. The Rococo and Tudor sets in the store are WONDERFUL and I would hope that EA takes this idea forward in Sims 4. The "problem" however is all the modern things we're "stuck" with from the base game that pretty much ruin the illusion. So ideally I'd like the ability to toggle off cars, phones, TVs, stereos, computers, etc. as part of the base game. THEN when they come out with these historical sets or, even better, historical EPs, we're able to implement them seamlessly. And until they DO come out with such sets and worlds our talented builders and makers of CC clothing and hair can help us achieve such worlds on our own! :)

Yes and yes!!!!

They have such great items in TSM, would be nice if they could incorporate in the sims 4.

It would nice to have like an Egyptian world or 1920's world! I always thought it would be cool if you could play a legacy through different time periods. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    simbilN99 wrote:

Yes -- This! and also, as I added to my first post: I'd also reaaallllly like a gritty Dickensian-industrial-Victorian-Steampunk world! 8)
  • Options
    glen416glen416 Posts: 380 New Member
    edited May 2013

Yea, I want everything to be slider able, On, a little, somewhere in the middle, Lots, or Off. more Transport Options, Please. Thanks.
  • Options
    glen416glen416 Posts: 380 New Member
    edited May 2013
    simbilN99 wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:
    simbilN99 wrote:

Yes and yes!!!!

They have such great items in TSM, would be nice if they could incorporate in the sims 4.

It would nice to have like an Egyptian world or 1920's world! I always thought it would be cool if you could play a legacy through different time periods. :mrgreen:

Yea, the Time machine could be a portal to other Worlds like vacation worlds but in a Different Time period.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree, but what I'd really like is a TSM II with the ability to have generational play. That way my kingdoms won't be so makeshift.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    I agree, but what I'd really like is a TSM II with the ability to have generational play. That way my kingdoms won't be so makeshift.

I'd be happier with a medieval-themed EP were it done properly.
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    AthenaOnyx wrote:

Me too! TSM was such a disappointment because there was no build mode and it wasn't a sandbox. I don't want another TSM.

A medieval EP has been my dream for the Sims since TS1! :D I play a mostly medieval game in TS2 and I LOVE it, but there are so many things I need/want! I need real animated horses, cows, chickens, sheep, and crops to plant for my peasants, and sword fighting, jousting, and other courtly activities for my knights.

fGlw4.png

I need more castle architectural features

oeP33.png

Better thatched roofs

hWZKyaM.png

and a proper drawbridge too.

Sm3H2.png

p1V4X.png

I have been trying so hard to create a medieval world in TS2 with custom content. I hope I am able to create a much better version in TS4! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    AthenaOnyx wrote:

Me too! TSM was such a disappointment because there was no build mode and it wasn't a sandbox. I don't want another TSM.

A medieval EP has been my dream for the Sims since TS1! :D I play a mostly medieval game in TS2 and I LOVE it, but there are so many things I need/want! I need real animated horses, cows, chickens, sheep, and crops to plant for my peasants, and sword fighting, jousting, and other courtly activities for my knights.

I need more castle architectural features

Better thatched roofs

and a proper drawbridge too.

I have been trying so hard to create a medieval world in TS2 with custom content. I hope I am able to create a much better version in TS4! :D

Love your pics! :D

I agree totally! I was devastated when I realized TSM was not sandbox-style because I had been so looking forward to it -- love the medieval time frame, the graphics, etc., etc., but CANNOT warm up to being out of the sandbox. Thank goodness for the PBK to rock my sims 2 medieval world! (Hi Darkraven, it's vllygrl from PBK!) :wink:
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2013
    vllygrl wrote:
    I agree totally! I was devastated when I realized TSM was not sandbox-style because I had been so looking forward to it -- love the medieval time frame, the graphics, etc., etc., but CANNOT warm up to being koutside of the sandbox. Thank goodness for the PBK to rock my sims 2 medieval world! (Hi Darkraven, it's vllygrl from PBK!) :wink:

Hey, vllygrl! It's great to see you here! PBK is why I'm still playing TS2. :D I just love all of the creativity that goes into playing a medieval game.
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Sims 4 medieval expansion pack and tudor themes, Egyptian, 20s! Way more fun than all modernised.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'd be interested in a Medieval sandbox, definitely. I love history as a whole. Yes to Egyptians but also to other ancients like Greeks, Romans, Phoenicians, Persians, etc. (With trade, these groups sometimes shared objects).
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    pastelcyberpunkpastelcyberpunk Posts: 16 New Member
    Yes! I have a history challenge save and a 1960s japan save. It would also be nice to have name or clothing filters/restrictions, either by world or by save, so that I won't get sims with english names and tee shirts in my fishing village.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I agree 100% with the wants in this thread <3
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Yes, please! I can see it happening, the way they gated the vampire world to specific sims, spawned in specific clothes, makes me believe it wouldn't be so difficult to implement. I really want a futuristic world too, Into the Future is the expansion I miss the most.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    This is an old thread, but I believe it's now possible to create a mediaval world using parts of Windenburg: the island and perhaps the old town centre since those have no cars. Now that I think Forgotten Hollow might work too, if you don't mind the vampiric passerbys. Windenburg island is definitely the best since there are no passerbys. I would still like to see a separate medieval world with some matching items and definitely an option to replace the cellphone with something. Sims could dig up an envelope or something from their pocket and use that to access the menu.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Agree sounds cool
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I'm playing in the 18th century, myself, in one game save. I have two spinning wheels; the large one for spinning wool, the smaller one for spinning flax into thread and a loom. The spinning wheels are set dressing, whereas the loom is a computer device that looks like someone is in the middle of creating linen. Now, I just need a way for my Sim to milk a cow and church the cream into butter. Oh, I need to track down a churn. The clothing helps set the mood, and I'm into the building of log cabins. That's primarily what they were living in in the great Colony of Virginia and later on down in the Southwest Territory that became Tennessee, the Volunteer State. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/