Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I THINKI found some pretty convincing Sims 4 pictures

I am so impatient....I've been searching everywhere for some insight on something, anything related to Sims 4!!!!!!I'm sooooo excited!!!

Now I know I may be super wrong, but for some reason this video looks kind of convincing. When watching this video keep in mind that this video was uploaded on October 31, 2011, long before we knew anything about the picture of the Blue Plumbob, or it's shape.

*******I'm Not Claiming This Video Is The Real Thing*********

If the graphics look anything like this, I'll def need a new computer. Link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WT-g4_AgRA

Comments

• Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited May 2013
    That is not the sims 4. :?
  • Options
    JacobRuehlmanJacobRuehlman Posts: 495 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Watched the video... I hope it is at least as good as what was shown in the video if not better... but we will find out soon enough when a teaser trailer is released. I however, do not expect the Sims to be realistic looking as I believe they are keeping a more cartoony appearance. I wouldn't mind realistic though. :)
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,002 Member
    edited May 2013
    NylaRay,

I have a feeling those are fake. We don't know where that youtuber got those pictures, but that interface looks like one from one of the previous games. Also, why would there be Japaneses or is that Chinese text in an early prototype of the game? EA / Maxis is an American company. Also the one official picture we have of the Sims in the Sims 4, they don't look anything like the way they do in those images.

I know you don't see much here, but compare what you do see to the few high definition images in that video. They look much more cartoonish, they seem even some what like something Disney would do, if they made the sims.

http://www.beyondsims.com/47477/new-sims-live-broadcast-on-may-23rd/
  • Options
    NylaRayNylaRay Posts: 83 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I didn't say it was, it just looks a bit convincing. Especially at the 26 sec mark.It most likely isn't, back in 2011 they were probably playing around with ideas.

The plumbob looks extremely similar to the one showed on the announcement
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    NylaRay,

Practically all Plumbobs look similar to me. I'm not convinced.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hi Damienf519

Has it been confirmed that the Sims in the official banner been confirmed as how they will look in the game? Some were saying those pictures may have been a gimps of the Sims in the past
    Damienf519 wrote:
    NylaRay,

I have a feeling those are fake. We don't know where that youtuber got those pictures, but that interface looks like one from one of the previous games. Also, why would there be Japaneses or is that Chinese text in an early prototype of the game? EA / Maxis is an American company. Also the one official picture we have of the Sims in the Sims 4, they don't look anything like the way they do in those images.

I know you don't see much here, but compare what you do see to the few high definition images in that video. They look much more cartoonish, they seem even some what like something Disney would do, if they made the sims.

http://www.beyondsims.com/47477/new-sims-live-broadcast-on-may-23rd/
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited May 2013
    I know this is fake, and it makes me sad. I wish TS4 would look that good, but I highly doubt it will. I'd love for everything to look super realistic, but with all the funny quirks and stuff that has always made The Sims series so awesome. :D
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited May 2013
    This looks more like a sims 4 leak...though it is fake like the one you posted lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmqulHXqYdw
  • Options
    MistermoomanMistermooman Posts: 265 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Notice, this was posted in 2011. However, it's amazing that at the beginning of the video, there was a picture of a blue Sims logo and plumbob. It was only confirmed recently that we would have a blue Sims 4 logo. Isn't that weird? But otherwise, this is obviously fake.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    NylaRay wrote:
    Hi Damienf519

Has it been confirmed that the Sims in the official banner been confirmed as how they will look in the game? Some were saying those pictures may have been a gimps of the Sims in the past

NylaRay,

They look different than any of the Sims in the previous games, including the ones in the Sims 3. They don't look like the Sims in the Sims 1 or the Sims 2 either.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I saw that one right before I saw the one I posted. The reason this one stuck out to me was the blue plumbob and it's more rounder corners, just like the one on the official banner. I'm not so impressed with the furniture or world graphics, but I do like the pics of the sims at 0:26
    This looks more like a sims 4 leak...though it is fake like the one you posted lol
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited May 2013
    I have seen all of these and while they look convincing I don't think they are real. If these were real EA would have had them taken down due to copyright law.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wish it was real.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2013

That's the video that I posted a few weeks ago, before t4 was announced. I really wish our sims would move like that! It is so very fluid and graceful. It's just a really beautiful dream, lol.

That would be my Dream Sims game come true :wink:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really hope the game looks nothing like that. We've seen these kinds of graphics in fake leaks so many times before, and every time I've said that they're lacking something large. I don't even know what it is, but these graphics (referring to the environment, buildings, objects, etc., not the Sims) actually look bad to me. They're majorly lacking in detail somewhere, and they look bad.

Even if they had proper detail, they just look like they were taken straight out of one of those architecture games. Those programs' graphics are boring.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    grapestargrapestar Posts: 288 New Member
    edited May 2013
    soo fake lol that video was made in 2011 I cant imagine they have been working on the sims 4 for 2years
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    grapestar wrote:
    soo fake lol that video was made in 2011 I cant imagine they have been working on the sims 4 for 2years

..They've probably been working on it since sims 3 came out. It takes more than a year to make a game, let alone a game of this size.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    grapestar wrote:

grapestar,

I can, games, especially elaborate ones take a long time to make. However, I still doubt that the screen shots in that video were real.
  • Options
    bps3bps3 Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really hope this is fake.If its not, I wont even consider buying this. It doesn't even look playable. The sims3 looks fun to play and this, just looks awful.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Notice, this was posted in 2011. However, it's amazing that at the beginning of the video, there was a picture of a blue Sims logo and plumbob. It was only confirmed recently that we would have a blue Sims 4 logo. Isn't that weird? But otherwise, this is obviously fake.

Yeah, that is what I thought! Maybe it is a coincidence. :) However, if this thread was deleted by Gurus, then we'd know why! :)
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    I do think Sims surely look nice and realistic, but they look nothing like we see and in my signature. The only, we will know is from Gurus themselves :)
  • Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I wish. that video looks really cool. :)
  • Options
    Jess1281Jess1281 Posts: 466 New Member
    edited May 2013
    There's about 3-4 videos like this, the art style and the simmies all look the same and all from what appear to b different posters, so either someone is doing a very good job making a series of fake videos or these could very well be leaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECL4Ywn-tN0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx5GzentZNU&feature=endscreen&NR=1

They all start the same and the Sims in them look very ...similar. S it does cause one to stop and pause for a second before dismissing it as crap, this could be "storyboarding" for the look and feel of the game, a sort of mock-up, or even early testing of certain things.

I'm not saying it is or it isn't, I just don't believe in coincidences. So again, either leakage, or really good fakes being spread by a single person to look the same.
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    edited May 2013
    Jess1281 wrote:
    I'm not saying it is or it isn't, I just don't believe in coincidences. So again, either leakage, or really good fakes being spread by a single person to look the same.

The third possibility is that they are using similar sources and software for the fake videos, possibly a mixture of architectural software, 3d modelling programs such as blender and games such as second life.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.