Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The I WANT thread. What do you want to be able to do in The Sims 4?

I want to be able to have a royal family. Like be able to give some sims "titles" and other sims react to the those titles.
I'm not talking like The Sims Medieval, I want to be able to have a legacy royal family who other sims in the kingdom recognize as royalty, such as they may bow. And be able to build a castle. perhaps this could even be a Fantasy themed EP.
Some people may think it's dumb, but that's what I'd like to be able to do :)

How about everyone else? What do you want to be able to build, do and see that you couldn't do with TS3?

Comments

• Options
    Torin145Torin145 Posts: 128 Member
    edited May 2013
    -More interactions between sims
    -More stuff for toddlers
    -Actual babies!
    -Being able to drive kids to school again
    -More detailed CAS
    -Less store stuff and more stuff in EPs (I know that one isn't happening) :roll:
    -Maternity clothes labeled and accessible. I hate having to cheat my sims into wearing what I want while they're pregnant.
    -More interactions in the pool. My sims don't sim because all they do is float there.
    -A seasons EP earlier on into the series.
    -Less goals and opportunities. WA was so boring after the first play through.
    -A proper vacation EP
    -Less bugs!!!
    -Easier to edit towns in game. I can never find spots to place buildings unless I want to build them from scratch.
    -Better organization in buy mode
    -Basically the interactions from TS2 with the gameplay and customization options of TS3.
    -More hobbies and whatnot for sims to do.
    -New skills
    -Easier to make and keep friends. My sims always end up as loners, and they usually aren't even friends with their extended family.
    -I want to feel like my sims are actually friends with their "friends". That probably goes back to the more interactions thing though.

This is pretty much my "in a perfect world" version of The Sims 4. I know I have more that I just can't think of at the moment. My list is longer than I expected. And I know some of them are me just wishing and highly unlikely to happen.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited May 2013
    - Create nice looking sims that don't have big chins

- switch to any sim or family I want with minimum fuss , and no worries

- Have a regular simple photo album that is in game, not automatically uploaded to a site or launcher.

- I want blank neighborhood terrains or templates, maybe with only roads so I can place all my own houses.

- Create nice looking sim bodies that don't All have disproportionately large hips.

_PLEASE include collection folders for ALL sets including store in base game!
  • Options
    SIMCHIC5SIMCHIC5 Posts: 40 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to be able to have a "Superstar" expansion pack like the one from the first game. "ShowTime" didn't really do it for me.
  • Options
    TatmarietooTatmarietoo Posts: 157 Member
    edited May 2013
    I want an adult rating and more adult game play.
  • Options
    VanillaPepper_VanillaPepper_ Posts: 83 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, yes, yes to all of these! Especially no bugs!

University is nearly unplayable :(
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited May 2013
    likesaree wrote:
    I want to be able to have a royal family. Like be able to give some sims "titles" and other sims react to the those titles.
    I'm not talking like The Sims Medieval, I want to be able to have a legacy royal family who other sims in the kingdom recognize as royalty, such as they may bow. And be able to build a castle. perhaps this could even be a Fantasy themed EP.

How about everyone else? What do you want to be able to build, do and see that you couldn't do with TS3?

You should play Crusader Kings 2. You control a dynasty in Medieval Europe, and most of the game is basically matchmaking for your sons and daughters, and courtiers and vassals. And there's mods to make it like Game of Thrones, and I thik an Elder Scrolls mod is also in the works.
  • Options
    Pupper_puppyPupper_puppy Posts: 810 New Member
    edited May 2013
    What I want...

1 More ages! I hate having my sims go from little like 8 year olds to 15 year olds:roll:

2 No rabbit holes!

3 More jobs!

4 More hairstyles in the base game, Or at least better ones then we had in the base game for Sims 3. (I do not use CC, So hair has always been annoying for me.)

5 More and better interactions!

6 Like a lot of people have been saying, Weather in the base game.

7 More skills!

8 Longer days! With a slider for how long you want them.

Annd that's about it for me. Well. At least that's about it for what i can think of off the top of my head.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited May 2013
    likesaree wrote:

This!!!! And honestly if I could have a separate world that had other simmers in it and could play out a royal court RPG then I'd be in heaven. That's the only reason I'd use their "social" features that they are being quiet about.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited May 2013
    likesaree wrote:

You should play Crusader Kings 2. You control a dynasty in Medieval Europe, and most of the game is basically matchmaking for your sons and daughters, and courtiers and vassals. And there's mods to make it like Game of Thrones, and I thik an Elder Scrolls mod is also in the works.

But with Crusader Kings you don't get to live out the day to day life of controlling a dynasty. You stare at a map and click on text boxes.
  • Options
    cynthiaP1115cynthiaP1115 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I want the Sims to have more creative hobbies, crafting and more in-depth gardening!! I remember in the Sims 1 you could make your own butter and apple sauce and when you would harvest your Honey a Bear used to come and try to steal your Honey and get into a fight with you!!

Creative Skills: Knitting/crocheting , sewing, wood working: so you can be able to make your own items and open an ACTUAL STORE in your game and your sim can sell its creations!!

More plant, fruit an herb types that you can use as medicine or to make dyes!

I want to be able to CREATE MORE THINGS and SEE my Sim doing them!!

Thank You
    Cynthia
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hold Hands while walking,slowdance,swim in the ocean and lakes and scuba dive.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    I want an adult rating and more adult game play.

EA has already said they're not going down that road. But just out of curiousity, define "adult game play".

Back on topic:

I'd like to be able to have the option to start my Sim off in a centrally homeless shelter with 0 simoleans and for him or her to be able earn her own money either by collecting items, building skills and possibly getting a job; and as an alterntive, I could choose to have my Sim start off in a cheap house or a pricier one if I use money cheats.

I'd like it to be more like KUDOS where I could choose the transportaion options for my Sim. In other words, no automatic car pool. If the job is close enough to where the Sim lives, then she should be able to walk or ride a bike. If it's further away, she should be able to take public transportaion like a bus. Or even call a taxi (both of which should cost money). And if she carpools, it should be like the Sims 2 where if the Sim buys a car, she can automatically disable the car pool.

Bring back email or Facebook (call it SimBook if you mus) on the computer so he/she can get both social needs met and can also build relaionships and maintain them without having to see my friend everyday in person.

That's just a couple of things.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited May 2013
    zorba2357 wrote:

- switch to any sim or family I want with minimum fuss , and no worries

- Have a regular simple photo album that is in game, not automatically uploaded to a site or launcher.

- I want blank neighborhood terrains or templates, maybe with only roads so I can place all my own houses.

_PLEASE include collection folders for ALL sets including store in base game!

Great ideas! I like filling the towns with my own sims and building. CAW is so complicated.
  • Options
    likesareelikesaree Posts: 204 Member
    edited May 2013
    Loving everyone's ideas!
    Can someone fill me in on how you edit pregnant sims maternity clothes?

Torin145, I certainly agree with the less store stuff and more stuff in EPs, I'm currently feeling like I've wasted heaps of money in the store for a game that I probably wont even play when Sims4 comes out :/

And I would love and easier world editor too, more like in TS2.

Crusader Kings just doesn't hit the spot, I want to play kings and queens with my sims. Have lil princesses and princes, have servants (who I won't have to control even yet live in, yet aren't annoying like the butler).

Even something Downtown Abbey-ish would just make my life :D
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love almost all these suggestions. I like the royalty idea too (not very surprising to those that know me!)

I'm especially all for more options for maternity clothes and a better way to keep track of what's maternity enabled.

Also better ways to make friends and friendship options.

I also love a sim being able to walk to work.

More skills, yes, especially the creative arts!

Finally my other top point in this thread - a better way to make neighbourhoods. I liked the Sims 2 way of doing it! The routing in Sims 3 is a pain when placing new lots, and I couldn't work CAW when I had it installed.

Regarding adult themes, I would be very surprised if they did it, since they haven't for the main games thus far, especially when there are game ratings to consider. They aren't going to want to miss out on the younger market. If anything, Sims 3 is even less adult-friendly than Sims 2, which after all had the woohoo cutscene. Sims Medieval was slightly more adult-themed so it will clearly take something along the lines of a standalone game/slightly different theme, to make this possible. But I don't remember how Medieval's age rating compared to Sims 3.

@likesaree may I suggest you take a look at the Sims Regency proposal that some of us have been working on in Ideas and Feedback. It's centred around the early 1800s rather than early 1900s but perhaps you would have some thoughts on the topic nonetheless (if you haven't already seen it).
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    likesareelikesaree Posts: 204 Member
    edited May 2013
    @Mariefoxprice83 oooh no i haven't seen it, I'll check it out! Thanks :)

And I agree, the sims2 way of editing neighbourhoods was so amazing and I miss it :(
  • Options
    daria_is_odddaria_is_odd Posts: 810 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I want to be able to edit maternity outfits,

and I was CAS to have some longer hair... :roll:

I would also like there to be an in game world creator, like in the sims 2 (Someone has already posted about this but I really want this too...)
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited May 2013
    I want the gameplay to be similiar to Sims2 - where there is no story progression and you can go round the houses playing all the families and maintaining any aspirational goals achieved and not losing them when you switch families.

This is key to why I have not played Sims3 with the same gusto as The Sims or Sims2. For me, it is boring playing one family. Interactions are more fun when as a player, you play both sides of the same event.

My must haves:
    1. Real shops for buying food supplies,clothing, magazines and games with npcs who work on the cash registers.
    2. Restaurants/Clubs for dating. (Happy to wait for an ep for this.)
    3. Holiday/Vacation destinations for tradional holidays with touring, sunbathing etc. (Happy to wait for an ep for this.)

Hopefully, my requests will be fulfilled! :)