Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Minimum specifications for the game

I am wondering when they are going to post the minimum specifications for Sims 4. I might have to upgrade my pc. :-)

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    This lol. My laptop can barely handle sims 3, let alone sims 4. Kind of stinks because I don't have much money to go out and buy a new computer for a game. :( Still hoping I win the lottery!!!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    lanadelsimlanadelsim Posts: 136 Member
    edited May 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    I am wondering when they are going to post the minimum specifications for Sims 4. I might have to upgrade my pc. :-)

This ^

I'm going to have to save up for more RAM, a new graphics card <i>and</i> the game itself...
    I feel myself going bankrupt very <b>very</b> fast :s
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra if the graphics is much better than Sims 3. Hopefully we wouldn't need a high end pc / laptop for this. :-)
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to know too as planing on buying a new PC in the next few weeks so want to make sure it can run the sims 4
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    fallenangel19910fallenangel19910 Posts: 4,432 New Member
    edited May 2013
    regardless of what the specs are, you are going to want something with a minimum of 8GB RAM, and a decent NVIDIA graphics card.. they tend to be better with the Sims 3 than Radeon.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ah I didn't know that. Thought Radeon makes decent graphics card. Would definitely go for more RAM too. To avoid all the problems I had with Sims 3.
  • Options
    CaptobvsCaptobvs Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited May 2013
    They are still in the planning stages right now. SimGuruHydra says that eventually they will post the specs but don't look for it until late this year early next. They did say they were trying to market it to the 'majority' of current players, so we will have to wait and see.