Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4? Bring it on.But please use a new engine!

I write this topic for one reason and one reason alone. Anyone who has played Sims 3 extensively can attest that Sims 3 holds the vaunted record as Buggiest Game Ever. The title was earned early in the games life cycle when errors and memory leaks abound and while upgraded computers and multiple patches helped, it never stopped these problems. Along with them can be included the hundreds of buggy animations, terrible scripts and bugs that pop up time after time, a dozen patches after supposedly being fixed.

So please Maxis, and EA. Scrap the old Sims 3 engine that is still based on the original Sims and start over. A fresh start, that is what this series needs. I know, a new engine would take a long time to develop and wouldn't be cheap. But with the prevalence of plugins and APIs, you could even potentially use an already established and well maintained engine from a 3rd party, so long as it suited the games design and needs. But by all that is holy I don't want to see Sims 4 become the buggy mess of a game that Sims 3 - god love it - has been over these last 4 odd years.

Comments

• Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree :)
    Also, someone suggested using CryEngine o.o
    Never heard of it but it's well liked. Unless it would cost too much to use it, then I hope they do their best on creating one.
    ETA: I just looked it up, it's very life-like :shock:
    Makes me feel uneasy, nevermind, abort mission!