Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4

WTH???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XpZp61vr5-c

Seriously? This is probably why they don't bother to help us out with S3. They're already movin' on.

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2013
    WeasieLou wrote:
    WTH???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XpZp61vr5-c

Seriously? This is probably why they don't bother to help us out with S3. They're already movin' on.

That video has been around for years. Its obviously fake. There has been no mention of Sims 4 as of yet.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    WeasieLouWeasieLou Posts: 111 Member
    edited February 2013
    No, ck through the Ideas and Feedback discussions. There's evidently been a leak. S3 is laggy for a lot of players, PC as well, because it was created to use only 4GBs of ram/memory. They have to upgrade it.

And of course EA will make S4. It's only a matter of time. Remember towards the end of S2, they threw out a lot of EPs and SPs within a short time (just like they're doing now). Get Simmers to spend as much on the old game as you can, before bringing out the new game, and make the old obsolete. Kaching!

Remember EA didn't get their "worst company of 2012" award for being philanthropic. They're after as much money as they can get. (All companies are, for that matter.)

02/27/13 01:08 AM Subject: Re:My little rant Quote Report
    christine400

I really wish the sticky was still up

But a few months back I belive it was simgurunelson or could've been poptart (the gurus that hang in the gen dicsusion section) posted a sticky asking players about what they thought of the process of sims hair actually growing or getting cut and actually looking wet when they shower or swim etc etc. Well in her posts she said. Would this be something that would intrest you guys for a future ep ? Or the sims 4?

again I apologize for not having the link (cause I always like to have sources myself) as the sticky is gone now So I would understand if you didn't believe me. I may look back in my ancient posts and see if i can find it that way as i did comment.
  • Options
    haleighxxhaleighxx Posts: 27 New Member
    edited February 2013
    That video is definitely fake and old. I've seen it multiple times and nothing too recent..
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Again, though, thats all speculation (hence why its in the Ideas and Feedback section) there has been no offical mention of Sims 4 anywhere, its all rumors at this point.

Also, I don't remember a post being stickied about hair getting cut...anyone have a link or something?

It would interest me, but only to some extent. I won't be buying sims 4 if there ever is one, because I know my computer won't be able to handle it and I'm not going through the cycle again of buying new computer, than every EP and SP that comes out. I can't see what they really could improve on except for better graphics, open rabbitholes, getting in and out of cars......Imo it would be silly for EA to put out another sims series. With the amount of problems their games have right now, they are losing customers every day.

And I certainly wouldn't buy a game just to see my sims get haircuts and/or wet looking hair in the shower.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    02/27/13 01:08 AM Subject: Re:My little rant Quote Report
    christine400

I really wish the sticky was still up

But a few months back I belive it was simgurunelson or could've been poptart (the gurus that hang in the gen dicsusion section) posted a sticky asking players about what they thought of the process of sims hair actually growing or getting cut and actually looking wet when they shower or swim etc etc. Well in her posts she said. Would this be something that would intrest you guys for a future ep ? Or the sims 4?

again I apologize for not having the link (cause I always like to have sources myself) as the sticky is gone now So I would understand if you didn't believe me. I may look back in my ancient posts and see if i can find it that way as i did comment.

This post was not from me. But I see no reason for her to lie. I don't think people are trying to start rumors. I think, as with any tech company, it takes years to develop a major game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they started work on S4 as soon as S3 was on the market. It doesn't take a marketing degree to figure that one out. It would be stupid not to, when their long term goal is to make as much money as possible, and the Sims is a cash cow.

There are many similar, yet different youtube posts regarding S4, some older some newer. The length of time a video has been out is moot. Whether any of them are real or not is open for speculation.

EA's seeming lack of concern to fix the latest problems occurring with the S3 EPs, shows that it's not in their interest to pursue a fix. Why bother spending the time on something that won't be around that much longer. It's finally making sense to me.

But really, whether the lady was telling the truth or fantasying in her post, the facts remain the same. First came the Sims, then Sims2, and then Sims3. And Sims3 has been out quite awhile now, and it's broken. Of course Sims 4 is coming. The timing will depend on how much more of the S3 merchandise people are willing to buy. Once there's a lag in sales, they'll most likely make their official announcement.

Oh and, I won't be purchasing it either. I've burned too many holes in my wallet on the S3 franchise!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    http://www.macorg.net/sims-4-release-date/

2014 is projection and it's a fact it's coming.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    WeasieLou wrote:
    http://www.macorg.net/sims-4-release-date/

2014 is projection and it's a fact it's coming.

Lol says some random website. They took the sims 3 logo and cut the 3 off the end and put a 4. I'm not sure how gullible you are, but you can't believe everything you read on the internet. Unless EA officially says something about it themselves, on their own site (or another well known sims site such as simvip) I refuse to believe the hype.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is almost exactly what was posted when the Sims 3 was announced.

Here’s what Head of The Sims Studio, Rod Humble, said:
    “In The Sims 4, Sims can go beyond the boundaries of their neighborhood, and immerse themselves in an open subhood, interacting with other Sims using our new deeper personality system. It is this type of open-ended gameplay that inspires endless creative possibilities. In addition the new goals and rewards systems will give players of all kinds from core gamers to storytellers the ability to enjoy long-term gameplay. We all expect to find out The Sims 4 release date and to get the fantastic new features like Create-a-Sim. Moreover, you can create Witches, Fairies. "

..Not to mention Rod Humble isn't even with the sims franchise anymore. He left in 2010.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    S4 in 2014? This is from a very reliable source.

http://thesims.com/en_US/thesims4

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/675024.page

Are you still doubting?