Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store is TOO expensive

I realize the items cannot be free, but come ON, almost $17.00 for a bedroom set? This is ridiculous and the price should be taken down, or- better yet- just put it into the game in the first place! At least make it easier to get sim points. In Gaia, you can do games around the website that (even though it's not much), gives you points to spend on avatar items.

Comments

• Options
    worsiedogworsiedog Posts: 376 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yes I agree completely. For me 2000 simpoints is ZAR224 or something :shock: HELLO!!

I paid ZAR349 for the game, now why on earth would i pay over ZAR200 for one decor set?? It is a complete and utter RIP OFF and I am extremely disgusted with the whole store story at this moment in time. :evil:

I was really dissapointed by the limited amount of items in the game when i first got it, especially with all the hype that was created around the game.
    The base sims2 game had much more items.. fine they added the 'create-a-style' feature which is pretty nifty, even though it keeps crashing my game, but we do not have that much to play around with.

Even the stuff packs which were retailing here for ZAR150 have MUCH MORE items in them than the decor sets at the store which are so much more expensive. It completely defies logic.. :roll:
  • Options
    arkhyelarkhyel Posts: 604 Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree!
  • Options
    LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited August 2009
    I've ranted about this in a couple of threads now...

I for one will not be buying points at these prices. Too much $$$ for too little product.
  • Options
    Sim_Master_IbraSim_Master_Ibra Posts: 314 New Member
    edited August 2009
    but i don't understand why do you want to buy items from the store when the exchange section is full of free items and you can also search the internet for free items?
  • Options
    SnootySnooty Posts: 213 Member
    edited August 2009
    Exchange objects are only recolors. And most people prefer official objects or just don't know where to find stuff.
  • Options
    NetashiaNetashia Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2009
    I really don't understand why everyone keeps talking about how expensive the store is. It's in some ways much cheaper than the Stuff Packs of Sims 2 (this only applies to the US. I have no idea how expensive these things are elsewhere). Consider that Celebrations had, like, 35 items. That was something like $19.95. They are selling the Ultra Lounge Youths full set (40 pieces) for, I'm guessing, around $17 (I figure it's $1 per sim point, right?). So, you get a bunch of pieces that actually work well together in a room from the store sets as opposed to a bunch of mixed and matched pieces from Stuff Packs. You can customize much more using the store. Consider how much you spent per item with the SPs, and I think you may feel a little better about the store.

I think it's all expensive too (SPs and the store), but I think the store is slighty less expensive.

Edit: I should add to this that it also looks like they're giving us 1000 free points with every XP (at least with this first one). So that basically works out to a free SP.
  • Options
    worsiedogworsiedog Posts: 376 Member
    edited August 2009
    Netashia wrote:
    I really don't understand why everyone keeps talking about how expensive the store is. It's in some ways much cheaper than the Stuff Packs of Sims 2 (this only applies to the US. I have no idea how expensive these things are elsewhere). Consider that Celebrations had, like, 35 items. That was something like $19.95. They are selling the Ultra Lounge Youths full set (40 pieces) for, I'm guessing, around $17 (I figure it's $1 per sim point, right?). So, you get a bunch of pieces that actually work well together in a room from the store sets as opposed to a bunch of mixed and matched pieces from Stuff Packs. You can customize much more using the store. Consider how much you spent per item with the SPs, and I think you may feel a little better about the store.

I think it's all expensive too (SPs and the store), but I think the store is slighty less expensive.

Edit: I should add to this that it also looks like they're giving us 1000 free points with every XP (at least with this first one). So that basically works out to a free SP.

$17 is 1700 simpoints which still means i have to buy 2000 simpoints to get it, which still equates to ZAR224 for me. Even if i do under delusions of grandeur buy the set, i only have 300 simpoints left, which generally means i can get 3-5 items roughly, give or take a couple... equating to 43-45 items approximately.... which, is still less than the more than 60 items one got when purchasing as an example the IKEA 'Home Stuff' pack.. which i only paid ZAR149.99 for.

And if indeed they are adding 'free' simpoints in the XP which i am hesitant to purchase, possibly that is a just a way to appease the increasingly annoyed 'JOE SOAP' who is forking out the RL shimola! :evil:
  • Options
    Daisy745Daisy745 Posts: 533 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Snooty wrote:
    Exchange objects are only recolors. And most people prefer official objects or just don't know where to find stuff.

Well, that's just...stoopid. But that's just my opinion, soo whatever...
  • Options
    NetashiaNetashia Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2009
    worsiedog wrote:
    $17 is 1700 simpoints which still means i have to buy 2000 simpoints to get it, which still equates to ZAR224 for me. Even if i do under delusions of grandeur buy the set, i only have 300 simpoints left, which generally means i can get 3-5 items roughly, give or take a couple... equating to 43-45 items approximately.... which, is still less than the more than 60 items one got when purchasing as an example the IKEA 'Home Stuff' pack.. which i only paid ZAR149.99 for.

And if indeed they are adding 'free' simpoints in the XP which i am hesitant to purchase, possibly that is a just a way to appease the increasingly annoyed 'JOE SOAP' who is forking out the RL shimola! :evil:

I totally understand what you're saying, but MOST of the SPs did not have the number of items that Ikea did, yet they charged the same amount for each when they were first released (about $19.95 USD). Like I said at first, I don't know what they are doing with prices elsewhere, so maybe outside of the US they are charging much more per item. Here, though, I think one gets a better deal by having more control over what one is spending his or her money on. It really could turn out to be much cheaper than the SPs.

I agree that EA is probably trying to keep the peace by including free points in the XPs, especially since they will undoubtedly be much more expensive than those in the past. I don't care, though, I'll still take advantage and use them! lol. I buy the games when they drop in price, never at the original price, so it'll work out well for me.
  • Options
    Sims3girl1Sims3girl1 Posts: 190 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I most certainly agree it is not fair. It's like 2000 sim points for one bed!!!! Im also astonished and disgusted that i have to pay 60 bucks and shipping and handeling AND 20 DOLLARS FOR 2000 SIM POINTS IT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!

I AM STOKED!! You should send the sims company a letter and tell them they need to lower there prices I MEAN COME ON I HAVE TO PAY MONEY FOR VIRTUAL COMPUTERIZED ITEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS IS IN SANE!!!!!!!! :evil: :shock: :shock: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sorry if you disagree with me. It's my opinion.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If any one wants to chat to me say something.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    LOL Never mind
  • Options
    aubrierocks2aubrierocks2 Posts: 2,119 New Member
    edited August 2009
    hey i wanna chat! haha :-)
  • Options
    LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited August 2009
    I do like the concept behind the store.. "Buy" the bits and pieces of a set you want is a good thing for some.

Pricing? Well, take the Hewsman set.. 2k sim points (Aka $20us) for 47 items. Bit steep especially for an incomplete set... (Where's the matching counters and such?)

(I know, I know, "Lazy! just recollor one of the sets you have") ;)

A more reasonable price to me would be half of what they are charging now.
    Got your 2k sim points for $10. Now we'll have some purchasing power at the store. And a lot of the "Lower Income Group" of which I'm part of will buy.
    Increase in points sales should more than make up for the drop in price.

Then the gripe would be "WHAT!? No new stuff in the store yet!?" Instead of countless threads of "They rippin me off."
  • Options
    marinabannonmarinabannon Posts: 65 New Member
    edited August 2009
    how do you get free sim points?
  • Options
    Sims3Freak102Sims3Freak102 Posts: 1,149 New Member
    edited August 2009
    but i don't understand why do you want to buy items from the store when the exchange section is full of free items and you can also search the internet for free items?

yes, But you need to have the pecific design of clothing in your game (Also called Premuim Content) So, No matter what you cant download that dress. *LOS*
    I had alot of problems with The Store. The stuff I was buying wont come to my game.
    I download it on my launcher and it says there was an error. So, idk