Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Harvestables | *I* Want a PLETHORA!

This is just a BASIC list--nothing fancy.

In no particular order:

Oranges
Pears
Pineapple
Mango
Coconuts
Strawberries
Blackberries
Raspberries
Blueberries
Cranberries
Gooseberries
Elderberries
Apricots
Avacados
Cantaloupe
Pawpaws
Kiwifruit
Honeydew
Dates
Figs
Cabbage
Passion Fruit
Peaches
Grapefruit
Collard Greens
Mulberries
Papaya
Pistachios
Kale
Olives
Celery
Greenbeans
Corn
Rhubarb
Beets
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Peas
Spinach
Peanuts
Walnuts
Pecans
Cashews
Turnips

I can see the cornstalks and hear the coconuts falling now!

:)-peace

EDIT: To exclude everyone else and erase lemons. Anyone else wanna hit me with a stick?

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited March 2013
    Lemons are already part of the game; they were released with the Al Fresco market. And you have them on your list twice.

Also, what about fish or underwater plants? I suspect the crops will be mostly underwater this time around.

Finally, don't say "we" in your title; it makes it look like you either are trying to speak for everyone or have multiple personalities. Either way, people want to tear into you or get you locked up and treated.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited March 2013
    I like your list, Indychick, and I would like more harvestables, yes.

But also as Tanyarubirose mentioned -- I'd like more fish. It's Island Paradise so I was hoping they would include more fishes to catch. I don't have any suggestions, though.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes I like new harvestables too but I also would like them to actually do something like to be added in new food recipes. I hope there will be plenty of new recipes for home cooking :).
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I wasn't hitting you with a stick. The "we" bit was to avoid a particularly nasty fight that tends to erupt on "we" threads ;)

Anyway, I do love your list ^^ But, I think underwater plants, such as seaweed, also deserve to be in the game. Even underwater farming! Imagine if you could grow crops on the ocean floor ;)
  • Options
    MistermoomanMistermooman Posts: 265 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Lemons are already part of the game; they were released with the Al Fresco market. And you have them on your list twice.

Also, what about fish or underwater plants? I suspect the crops will be mostly underwater this time around.

Finally, don't say "we" in your title; it makes it look like you either are trying to speak for everyone or have multiple personalities. Either way, people want to tear into you or get you locked up and treated.

"We" could mean more than that though. Maybe it's the royal we, which could make someone sound either arrogant or actual royalty. It could also mean that indyChick knows that we're all collective souls, or maybe that she is a sorcerer that has stolen multiple souls, and they have all become a part of her singular being.

EDIT: I'm not trying to offend indyChick by saying she's arrogant or a sorcerer that steals souls, I'm just sharing more meanings of "we."
  • Options
    indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited March 2013
    I wouldn't mind more fish myself. It's all soooo exciting. !!!

Dwelling in the Collective, indyChick is signing off. . .(yep, referred to self in the third person).

• Options
    edited March 2013
    "We" could mean more than that though. Maybe it's the royal we, which could make someone sound either arrogant or actual royalty. It could also mean that indyChick knows that we're all collective souls, or maybe that she is a sorcerer that has stolen multiple souls, and they have all become a part of her singular being.

EDIT: I'm not trying to offend indyChick by saying she's arrogant or a sorcerer that steals souls, I'm just sharing more meanings of "we."

I know. After my proctologist did the stick removal surgery, I relaxed a lot on the "we" issue. Unfortunately, there have been people had their ideas utterly shredded just because of using that word by others, and some of them occasionally drop by this forum. I figured it would be best to drop a quick warning before they got here.

My fault on how I worded it.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited March 2013
    By "we" I'm pretty sure she meant all the people that agree with her. Why would people fight with her for saying "we" on an issue almost all simmers agree on? Having MORE collectables...
  • Options
    iheartjackieiheartjackie Posts: 955 New Member
    edited March 2013
    You can count me as part of the “we”. I’m always up for more harvestables. Also collectables and fish, too.

I also think "we" threads are more of an informal petition thread in which people who agree and acknowledged that they are part of the "we", but aren't counted up and placed in a list like formal petition threads do. Anyone who goes on the thread and says that they don't want it and doesn't want to be clump together in a "we", well, they're really just splitting hairs. Sure, they can say they don't want it, but they can't complain about the wording, especially if there's posts on there already agreeing with the OP.

That's just my opinion, though.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited March 2013
    I wasn't hitting you with a stick. The "we" bit was to avoid a particularly nasty fight that tends to erupt on "we" threads ;)

Anyway, I do love your list ^^ But, I think underwater plants, such as seaweed, also deserve to be in the game. Even underwater farming! Imagine if you could grow crops on the ocean floor ;)

So - is there going to be fish farming as a new career?

I already want all the plant harvestables listed above. Especially if they come on plants that resemble the way they actually grow in real life instead of lollypop trees with different names to designate the type of fruit grown on them.

And we also need to have the recepies and things to go with them. We already have the cooking career and the gardening career etc...

Did you mention coffee plant? Cocoa plant?
  • Options
    albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I love making nectars, more fruits better!
  • Options
    RoOoAr5RoOoAr5 Posts: 154 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes please more harvestables :) !!
    05yc0ga5fpt8.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013

No worries.

• Options
    edited March 2013

I know. After my proctologist did the stick removal surgery, I relaxed a lot on the "we" issue. Unfortunately, there have been people had their ideas utterly shredded just because of using that word by others, and some of them occasionally drop by this forum. I figured it would be best to drop a quick warning before they got here.

My fault on how I worded it.

Don't sweat it. It's just that it seems like I get clobbered every time I post something...I'm always doing *something* wrong--I'm used to it, and actually expect it at this point. I wasn't bent out of shape over it; just sort of throwing up my arms like, "Well, of course!" You're fine.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    All the fruits & veggies are important to me because I play a vegetarian Sim. She keeps them in her inventory in case she doesn't have a lot of time to eat; I'm pretty sure she's just as tired of eating the same things over and over as I am watching her do it. Sometimes on a lovely Spring day a Sim just wants to bite into a juicy peach, you know?

• Options
    tornadosimstornadosims Posts: 25 New Member
    edited March 2013
    We NEED oranges! Sims get sick now with the Seasons EP, so maybe eating some oranges would boost their Vitamin C and that could prevent them from getting sick for a while, or even get rid of their cold?

Coconuts would be awesome to have in this EP! Sims could climb up a tree and grab one... less athletic Sims have a risk of falling, whereas more athletic sims can climb up quickly and grab one or more coconuts.

What about harvesting hibiscus flowers for sims to wear as leis or flowers in their hair?