Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone successfully Invited over a sim to stay intheir town from Uni?

After my sim finished her first 2 terms at Uni she wanted to invite her Boyfriend, samuel mcneil (the Uni police officer) to her home in Bridgeport. She tried 2 times to invite him, but once 9am came, both times, no Samuel! Then later the same day a message came up saying something like they were nto able to visit this time, try again another time' ...

This happened to anyone else? has anyone successfully invited over a sim?

I wanted to get Samuel to move in with my sim in Bridgeport but i couldnt even get him to visit! anyway, in the 3rd/4th term she broke up with Samuel, and is now with Jacob Salaman... she finishes her degree soon, so she'll try inviting jacob over to stay... Hope it works!

Comments

• Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes I have :3 When my Sim left Uni, I went over to her relationships and there were two of her boyfriends; something Dean. Which went away after she finally arrived back in her original town, other than that; I haven't experienced any sort of bug like that :/
  • Options
    KatSoloKatSolo Posts: 456 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I tried two different times to invite uni sims to my homeworld. Both times a pop-up said they were coming, but they never arrived (the option to invite more sims was greyed out too, it said i would have to wait until the current visitors had left).

The second time i invited three sims, and i noticed one visited the world, but not my sim's home.
  • Options
    solosonyasolosonya Posts: 419 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes I have. I have the traveler mod though. My male sim invited his girlfriend from back home to his graduation. She arrived and stayed till it was time for him to travel home.I had no problems. I believe it was the nraas traveler mod.
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes, many times.... the first time I invited a boyfriend she met at uni and when he arrived the next day at 9 I clicked and added him to my household {they got married} the other times I invited friends over and over again and they always came on time and went back to uni as normal no problems at all ....and NO I don't have any mods.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes - my Sim invited his girlfriend from uni. When she came to visit they got married and she was added to the houshold. Unfortunately I don't remember if I was using any mods at the time (but I normally have Master Controller, Overwatch, and Register).
  • Options
    Loulou8989Loulou8989 Posts: 523 New Member
    edited March 2013
    My sim Megan had her bofriend Derek, come over to visit. And her turned up fine.

No idea how to help though Sorry xx
  • Options
    AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited March 2013
    I had my sim invite a friend from uni over and got the message saying she wasn't able to make it later that day, but she still turned up.

Edit: She turned up about the same time as the message, but I only knew about it because a member of the household suddenly got a 'Listen' action in their queue with her face on it. She didn't come to the door or anything.
  • Options
    cyberlucy1965cyberlucy1965 Posts: 397 Member
    edited March 2013
    I had it happen once that the person didn't show up but for the most part they've all come. I've stopped using the "add to active family" interaction under testing cheats though because it messes up my Sim's ability to get married to that person. I usually just have them invite them to move in or get them married.
  • Options
    Robyn536Robyn536 Posts: 590 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yep. For whatever reason they don't show up to my house though. I wait until after 9 then use the Invite Over/Invite Out option on my phone.
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes, I have been able to get friends from Uni to visit. My sim is currently living with her college boyfriend, Jeffrey Dean, in Lucky Palms.

Once you invite them over, wait til after 9am on the day they are supposed to arrive, then, check the relationship panel. The person you invite should be in the panel with all the other sims in your home world. Once you find the sim's pic, click on it and invite them over.
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes, my Sim finished her last term in Uni and one of her Sorority roommates was a plant Sim so I invited her to visit my Sim after she got back home. I've been wanting a plant Sim to control so I had her move in and now she's part of the household. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    edited March 2013
    Not i =/ my sims say they are coming but they never arrive
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    Mimi52861Mimi52861 Posts: 390 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes, my sim called her Uni boyfriend and invited him to visit. He showed up at 9am the next day, as scheduled. I added him to the family. I did not experience any bugs or problems.
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yep. My sim invited his romantic interest over to his mobile home and she showed up the next day. :)
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes I have. My two sims invited Jeffrey Dean, and Mahmoud Yavari to their home world. They asked if they'd move in and they agreed. I had Jeffrey propose, as well as Mahmoud. They each have step plant sim kids along with their own. They each live together with their wives. It's a full house and there married to sister, so there's a lot of drama :lol:
  • Options
    Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2013
    After graduating from Sims University, I had my sim's boyfriend and bestfriend from uni visit her in Bridgeport and they turned out fine. But then I added the boyfriend to my household, and moved them to Auroura Skies and I lost the relationship with her bestfriend. But I expected that. At least I have her (now) husband Mugsy Brotaoski? and 2 children :)
  • Options
    AkifamiAkifami Posts: 36 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes, it worked perfectly fine for me.

Hmmm... this may the same bug that occurs with the children not arriving with the daycare profession.

consider this:

1. Do you live in a penthouse? Have you tried inviting someone from UL in a regular home?

2. Is your front door a game default or a CC? If its a CC, have you tried a base game door?

I had trouble with kids not showing up with my Daycare career sim, as it turned out, the CC door I was using was the problem. Maybe that is what is happening here?

Or perhaps its a MOD.

/:
  • Options
    SmithieGirl123SmithieGirl123 Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, the EXACT same thing happened to me, my sim just got home from her first term and I tried to invite her boyfriends from uni over, and it said he would arrive at 9 am, but he never arrived. So I tried again just thinking it was bad luck and still no sign of him. So I sent my sim back to uni for her second term, but I had her drop out early cause I signed her up for the wrong class. When she finally got home I tried to invite her boyfriend over again and he didn't show up. I'm trying again right now and it's 10:00 am sim time and he still hasn't shown up... HELP!!!!