Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get mail freeze?

So I recently stopped playing my Sims 3 game after installing Seasons... Mostly because of a certain issue I'm having with the game suddenly freezing when I try to check get mail from the mailbox. It's not something that happens every time I check the mailbox, but if it freezes when I check, it STAYS frozen.

Another symptom is that all the animations keep running. Music notes will still come from the radio, trees will still rustle in the breeze, the plumbob will keep spinning... But I can't click anything, and I have to end the Sims 3 process to even close the game.

I can't find ANY other mention of this issue, so I'm looking for some tips on what might be the issue. Similarly, I've also got intermittent freezes that do fix themselves over a relatively short period of time. I don't know if this is the same issue, or if it's unrelated.

Comments

• Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    KWAHNKWAHN Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I just installed University Life, so I think I'm up to 1.50. I haven't had a chance to see if it works, since AwesomeMod keeps crashing the thing, but I'll try and see if it's fixed after I remove AwesomeMod...
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited March 2013
    hey KWAHN,

AwesomeMod maybe ur issue ...im a nraas user so not up on the state of AwesomeMod (kinda like a east/west coast thing) though i do know there is usually a longer wait time for your updates..another thing u may need to be careful before u pull..look at site but it probably needs to be removed and clean out cache files

good luck
  • Options
    IcicleFerretIcicleFerret Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I've experienced this issue, too, and it is definitely related to Awesomemod. It only seems to happen when I'm getting cut gems back from the gem cutter, not when I'm paying bills, so it might be an issue with mail being added to the inventory. I've yet to attempt to simply "get bills" with Awesomemod employed, however.

The only way I've found to fix this is to remove Awesomemod and the awesome config package, load the game, collect my mail, save and quit, and replace awesome mod and its awesome config, and then re-start the game. I am also playing Sims 3 through Steam, which is reportedly unsupported by Awesomemod, though I'm not really sure why that matters... Anyway, that may be part of the issue.