Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't make the decision alone...

So, I really want to get University. But I definitely don't have enough money in my wallet. But I DO have enough money on my Amazon account. So I would purchase the digital download. (This would be my first digital download... I just want to be able to play it without waiting for it.) But, I also have some CDs that I want to get. If I get the game, I will still have enough for the CDs and most likely enough for a CD that is going to be coming out in a few months.

So, should I just get it now so that I'll have it for this long weekend and spring break in a few weeks? Or should I wait, for what could be a few months, until I have the physical money in my wallet? (My biggest issue with that would be that I would then end up having to choose between University and the island one...)

I'm starting to lean towards just getting it now, but I'm terrible at bringing myself to spend money on things. So I'd really like to hear some opinions, not just on the purchase but also on whether the game is worth it or not.

Comments

• Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited March 2013
    Well, I prefer a physical copy because digital copiess cause problems for some people. BUT...I love getting new CD's and expanding my CD collection, so...

I would probably wait to get the physical copy, but if you can't handle not having Uni, just get the digital download.

tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited March 2013
    Feather91 wrote:
    Well, I prefer a physical copy because digital copiess cause problems for some people. BUT...I love getting new CD's and expanding my CD collection, so...

If you can't handle not having Uni, just get it.

I normally prefer physical copies, but I'm also impatient :lol: And with the not being able to handle not having it thing...that's my problem haha. I CAN handle not having it, but at the same time there are some features that look pretty fun. Now I'm leaning towards waiting because I've been having some issues with my game lately (specifically crashing while in Edit Town mode) and so if I'm still having problems after installing this latest patch, I'm not going to be playing much anyway.

I'd still like more opinions, of course ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ok, I think I've figured it out. I'm buying the physical copy and two CDs that I want. I'll still have enough for when the new CD comes out in May, and next time I run to Best Buy I'll just pick up another $25 Amazon gift card to keep my balance up.

Everything should be here early next week and I don't feel guilty about anything because it's going to be an awesome package ^_^ (I might not be able to play the game this weekend, but I'll have it for spring break.)
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yay! Glad you're getting it ^^ I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Oh, and just so you know... this EP is the one that makes a mad science lair possible :twisted:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yay! Glad you're getting it ^^ I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Oh, and just so you know... this EP is the one that makes a mad science lair possible :twisted:

:shock: Muahahahhahahahahahaha!!!

So it's actually coming in 5-8 business days....buuut... Shipping was free! That's always good. :D