Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I could use a quick opinion :)

BE3yXnmCAAEUELr.jpg

First of all: What do you think of the roof design? and
Second: What's your opinion of the path from the garage and house? I'm not so sure about it :/

So here I am asking your opinions! I would greatly appreciate any input :)

Comments

• Options
    ZipherAvengerZipherAvenger Posts: 55
    edited March 2013
    Personally, I think it looks great! I'd suggest not getting rid of the path. It seems to connect the garage and house in a great way, if you ask me :) Great job!
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited March 2013
    I really like the roof, you've built a very nice house! :) I like the path too although if you're not sure about it why don't you try a road that's a bit curvier or something rather than straight and see if you prefer that?
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited March 2013
    W.oops, sorry: I meant the path design. Are the colors matching enough with the house? But thanks for your input so far! :D
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited March 2013
    I like it all!

Though, the one thing that I thought was odd was the door on the garage (not the garage door itself, but the one next to it). I just feel like it's a little odd/unnecessary if the front door is right there. It doesn't look bad, of course, it's just something I found odd.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I like it all!

Though, the one thing that I thought was odd was the door on the garage (not the garage door itself, but the one next to it). I just feel like it's a little odd/unnecessary if the front door is right there. It doesn't look bad, of course, it's just something I found odd.
    Yeah, I've been debating about that door for a bit as well. It's supposed to be a door from the garage (of course) but again, I'm still thinking about it.

Thanks for your opinion!
  • Options
    sillydilly25sillydilly25 Posts: 116 New Member
    edited March 2013
    That house is so cute!
    It has a very homey home kinda feeling, do you know what I mean? :wink:
    Everything matches and it looks great! Awesome job! :)
  • Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited March 2013
    I LOVE that house. I'm not too crazy about the path but its nbd.
    Are you putting it up for download?

PS. Mea93, gtsy! Haven't talked to you in a while. :)
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have problems getting the terrain paints to match too, I think we need more terrain paints. Anyway it's a lovely build and I love the structure/shape of the path I dont think you could have got a better match from the EA terrains, so it's all good.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    belindazbelindaz Posts: 148 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Wow the house looks awesome,dont get rid of anything i want to have it now!!
  • Options
    FlanberriesFlanberries Posts: 478 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I like it :thumbup:
    Could use like a light trail of plants bordering the terrain paints and trees. The roof is great ^_^
  • Options
    afkthenadafkthenad Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited March 2013
    Um this house is awesome. If you put it up for download I would totally download, i've been looking for a house like this! And the door by the garage makes sense to me because a lot houses where I live are like that!
    Bookmarking this thread.. just in case you put it up for download.
  • Options
    coocoosimcoocoosim Posts: 325 Member
    edited March 2013
    Roof design is great! Well done
    The path colour scheme is good, matches the house. Though the size of the 2 paths that become one is a bit odd. It could be a bad angle, but maybe try to thicken up the thinner one- or try to make them a similar size :)
    Let's Play The Goth Family, here!
    Watch The Bunker Challenge, here!
    AND while you're at it, here's my simblr! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Wow, thanks a ton for the input everyone! :D
    xKaylaNicolex: WOAH! Hi there! Long time no chat *waves excitedly*

anywho,I have one more pic I wanna show. I changed the path color a little and would like an opinion here as well :D
    BE32lBHCYAAzZjI.jpg

and yep, I definitely know about the plants needed for the path. I'm not NEAR done with this build, and the path is only one part of all that needs to be finished. Haha :)
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited March 2013
    your house and roof is great you should upload I'd use it
  • Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited March 2013
    Its much better now :)

IMO I wouldn't place plants surrounding the path but put a little garden with rocks and bushes and flowers where it forks.
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited March 2013
    Needs more landscaping, but otherwise LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!! Awesome exterior!
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited March 2013

As a whole great job!

Although the main roof and that over the garage should definitely be hipped, I'm wondering if the dormers, the roof over the entry porch and the other small protrusion might look better with gabled roofs, especially over the entry porch. But it's hard to tell without actually seeing it. I'm currently working on a house in Hidden Springs and am torn between the gabled dormers and the hipped ones.

As far as the terrain painted drive/walkway there does seem to be some grass showing between the two different paints. If you use a larger brush but with a tighter spray area and by very lightly applying you could try to blend the two together so that the transition is more gradual and blended. If you really want a very clear line between the two paints then using temporary floor squares to mask off areas can produce a very clean line but only for straight or diagonal lines. For curved lines it's very difficult, if not impossible.

The colors of the house and terrain paints all work very well together and the whole house is very pleasing.