Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need Updating help: "No patches available" ??????? Help please :)

Hello!

Can someone help me? I'm having trouble trying to update the game.

I first installed the Sims 3 on my Macbook Pro in 2010-ish, but un-installed it maybe a year ago. I went to re-instal the game today, and when I try to play it, and a message prompts: "An update for Sims 3 is available. Do you want to download and install update now?" I click yes and it starts to download. When it almost finishes the update, another message prompts: There are no patches available for update." What does that mean? How can I download said patches? Which one do I have to download?

It says I have version 1.0.631.00001

What do I doooo :S I have no clue. I just want to play the Sims! :) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you kindly!
Carly

Comments

• Options
    WeasieLouWeasieLou Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2013
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/patches/sims3/patch.html

You can use this website for downloading individual patches/updates. It will describe what each patch/update offers. I would suggest you patch/update only to 1.39, as everything later has problems.

I don't know how many EPs you have, but if they're installed in-order, a message for the appropriate patch should pop up (giving the EP name in the patch). These are OK to download.

DON'T update anything else (non EP specific) with the Launcher, or you'll get whatever the latest patch is, and you could run into problems.

This technique has worked for me and a few others, and we're playing glitch and crash free up through Supernatural, and the 1.39 patch.

PS - only download the MAC ones, and in numerical sequence as well.
  • Options
    cjanussoncjanusson Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for helping a girl out Weasie! :)

It's so confusing to me, so your help is sooo awesome :) Sorry if I'm a bit slow. I know noootthiiinnngg! :oops:

I don't have any EPs, just the base game. Thanks for the website. The first patch that I see that is for Mac is 1.29.55. Would I start there and then download 1.31.118, 1.32.3, 1.33.2, 1.34.27, 1.36.45, 1.38.151, and 1.39.3?

(Also, I'm installing these patches just as this EA support website says: https://help.ea.com/article/problems-patching-the-sims-3 Is that right too?)

Thank you!
    Carly
  • Options
    cjanussoncjanusson Posts: 4
    edited March 2013
    UPDATE:

It worked just fine! Thank you. I only updated to version 1.34.27 though, but it still works!
  • Options
    WeasieLouWeasieLou Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yes, isn't it nice to know, that companies and websites (other than EA) will help us with our EA problems?

Glad everything worked out well. Enjoy playing.

Just remember to never get sucked into updating ANYTHING from your Launcher.