Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Launcher Has stopped Working

313717_10151299132126453_889366168_n.jpg

I started updating last night and it said it was done and I played fine. Tonight it said the update was at 95% finished and now my game wont open. I tried to open the launcher from the game file and nothing. This is all I got.

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi,

Try this. Go to My documents\electronic arts\sims 3\dccache and delete the missingdeps.idx.

If you just want to play, you can bypass the Launcher to play by using the ts3w.exe file.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Bypassing_the_Launcher
  • Options
    deathbird9deathbird9 Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2013
    420278_10151299963546453_1716651873_n.jpg

Yea... I got this when I tried what you said.

I have no clue what is going on.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I would try a factory resetting of your game to test if your userdata is causing the issue.

Move the The Sims 3 folder from \My Documents\Electronic Arts\ to the Desktop. Play your game and see if you have the same issues. Post your results back here.
  • Options
    ZetawilkZetawilk Posts: 852 New Member
    edited February 2013
    According to the forum, posting DxDiag fixes any problems with the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Still nothing.

I realize I have omitted a possibly important bit of info. I play off an external drive. It has never been an issue before. I still have My Documents>EA>Sims 3 with all my downloads and worlds on my main internal drive, but the games are completely installed and downloaded on the external drive.

Again, I have never had issues like this before. I can unplug the drive and replug it in and play. I can start my laptop with or without the drive plugged in and have had no issues thus far.

I don't know if that can help.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Did you put your folder back? It's okay to do so. Try reinstalling Origin.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Just to be clear, are you still getting the same error message when you run the Launcher, the sims launcher has stopped working... and the other error message comes up when you try to run ts3w? is that right?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yup
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    If the update said it was only 95% finished, perhaps you could run it again? Do you still have the download on your computer...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Uninstalled and reinstalled origin. Getting nothing new.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    DawnLBrown wrote:
    If the update said it was only 95% finished, perhaps you could run it again? Do you still have the download on your computer...

Will it let you run the update again? Or does it say you are already patched?
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2013
    Zetawilk wrote:

Posting the dxdiag just shows your computer specs, it doesn't fix the game.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Zetawilk wrote:

Posting the dxdiag just shows your computer specs, it doesn't fix the game.

That person is posting that message all around the place, sigh...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It says the update has finished and doesn't prompt me for one anymore.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited February 2013
    it means you need to update try using the superpatch since you are having updating issues. Its the first thread on the top of the page of this section
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I would not necessarily download the manual patch if I were you. It's 1.2 GB in size and all it may do it tell you that you are already patched. I leave that decision to you. I am not recommending it.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I think I've exhausted my bag of tricks. What I would recommend to you to is posting in this forum:

Patch 1.50 –Problems/Fixes - Read first Posting

It's where a tech responder more technical than myself is working issues related to the patch 1.50 every day.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/650809.page
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    DawnLBrown wrote:
    I would not necessarily download the manual patch if I were you. It's 1.2 GB in size and all it may do it tell you that you are already patched. I leave that decision to you. I am not recommending it.

I suggested it because whenever i got the base game incompatible message that always met once of my base game was not up to date back when we had to keep track of updating all of the eps/sps. So I assumed she was having the same issue since she said she had trouble updating and then got that message right after
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    DawnLBrown wrote:

I suggested it because whenever i got the base game incompatible message that always met once of my base game was not up to date back when we had to keep track of updating all of the eps/sps. So I assumed she was having the same issue since she said she had trouble updating and then got that message right after

She was able to play the game for a day, and then she got the message on the Launcher she pointed out. The message on the ts3w she gets when she tries to bypass the Launcher and it too only happened the next day. She was fully patched to 1.50 through the Launcher...so I don't know...let her decide I thought.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    DawnLBrown wrote:
    DawnLBrown wrote:

She was able to play the game for a day, and then she got the message on the Launcher she pointed out. The message on the ts3w she gets when she tries to bypass the Launcher and it too only happened the next day. She was fully patched to 1.50 through the Launcher...so I don't know...let her decide I thought.

I must've misunderstood then because she said that it said the update was 95% so I thought she wasn't patch to the latest one
  • Options
    KkarichanKkarichan Posts: 776 Member
    edited August 2013
    I am having the same issue except my game launcher is totally updated on patches but i did start using CC recently plus im using windows 8 and never had this problem before.