Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trying to get my store items to work!

So I am having the same problem as a lot of Simmers. Once I get to a certain limit, my store items uninstall themselves. It's so aggravating!! :evil:

My question is if I install something (a world or set) and then separately uninstall any items included in there that I might not care about as much, will that help me? Or does it still count the whole set as installed (size wise)

Because as I understand it, it's the size of all the downloads that make you reach a limit where it can't hold anything else.

Also, if I own the set, can I download only a few of the items separately, or since I got the set do I have to install as a set?

I hope that makes sense and someone understands what I'm asking lol

Comments

• Options
    SandySimSandySim Posts: 2,523 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh, also, is there somewhere that lists all the items that come with limited edition sets and/or expansion sets that you get by preordering? Most of those are rather large, and I would like to look at the content before I install. Also, would uninstalling the items I don't want in those sets help my download limit?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Nobody? :( Is it because no one knows? Or you just don't understand what I'm asking?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    edited February 2013
    I understand, lol.

Yes, you can download individual items from sets - most of the time. There are a few sets out there (mostly free ones) where it only comes as a set. But you can go back into your launcher and uninstall certain items from the set if you don't want them.

I don't have problems installing all my content, but I do it in batches rather than trying too many all at once.

Crin's store browser lists all sets and the items they contain, you may find that useful: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/s3s-browser
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you! On my way to check that out :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited February 2013
    If you are worried about your Internet download limit then uninstalling them from the launcher won't help as you must have already downloaded them to get them into the launcher.

Also you need to keep backup copies of whatever you download so you don't have to download them again later. This is especially important if you are uninstalling things as you may decide later on that you'd like go try using the items again.