Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No alien abductions, even with mod! Help?

Okay I got Seasons finally last week and I've been trying to get an alien since. I am playing in Starlight Shores. I have a male sim with full logic, a huge garden, collects space rocks every day, analyzes them all, and puts them on the lawn (I have probably close to 40 now) plus some in his inventory. No luck at all. Zip. Nada.

So today I downloaded the mod from modthesims that allows for 100% abduction with the use of a telescope (base chance-1%, telescope use-99%) and my sims STILL hasn't been abducted. I've tried being using the telescope at home between 12-3, and using it and going to a more open lot, like the park.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    LillithsMommyLillithsMommy Posts: 93 New Member
    edited February 2013
    BUMP
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited February 2013
    Do you have enough empty space on the lawn for your sim to be abducted? It takes a fairly large open area for the ship to hover. You won't have any sims abducted if there isn't room for it to occur. I would also point out that aliem abductions work differently in the Sims 3 than they did in the Sims 2. Your Sim doesn't need to be at the telescope to be abducted. And they don't have to use it for hours on end. Just a few moments is enough to boost their odds. Also, abductions take place between midnight and 3am. When a Sim is abducted, t heir queue is cleared and they autonomously run outside to the chosen spot to investigate unusual phenomenon. Hope this helps.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited February 2013
    It just happens randomly in this game. My sim got abducted with 0 logic points, 0 space rocks. She was watching TV and then she autonomously ran outside to look at the lights outside.
    Like Nik said, it'll happen between midnight and 3am.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited February 2013
    You can force a Alien abduction if you have Mr.Raas's Master Controller. Click on the Mail Box, then do "NRaas... Force Alien Abduction".
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 2013
    my sims seem to get abducted all the time. Then I looked next door and the lot next to their seems to have a space rock spawner and I think that attracts the spacemen.

it got kind of annoying to tell the truth.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the replies, I think it might be a free space issue. I'll try on a bigger lot. I might look into getting Master Controller, I always leave Overwatch on, but take Story Progression out and put it back because it slows my game down, and it's really jumpy with story progression running. Will Master Controller slow it down like SP?
  • Options
    esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yeah I've been playing for a week straight and still haven't been abducted either. :/ I hope mine is as simple as it's a space issue.
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the replies, I think it might be a free space issue. I'll try on a bigger lot. I might look into getting Master Controller, I always leave Overwatch on, but take Story Progression out and put it back because it slows my game down, and it's really jumpy with story progression running. Will Master Controller slow it down like SP?

Is your game patched to version 1.50?

If so then not having enough free space on your lot doesn't matter anymore.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It isn't v.v I'm ashamed, but I'm going to patch it up, then add Master Controller, then just settle for humans lol.
  • Options
    RathomanRathoman Posts: 121 New Member
    edited February 2013
    MGSFan612 wrote:

Is your game patched to version 1.50?

If so then not having enough free space on your lot doesn't matter anymore.

Quoted for truth!

I have 0 space on my 40x40 lot. Aliens just hovered over the street outside and abducted one of my residents. Mind you, this happened at week 28 day 1. My first sighting. If it wasn't for Ambrosia, he'd not have lived long enough to see it happen.

By the way, I did everything right from week 1 day 1 to get an alien to visit/abduct someone; telescope, space rocks, improving intelligence, nothing seemed to work.

Now that one has finally been abducted, I'm trying to get him pregnant by reloading the game with 5 minutes left on his abducted timer, praying for "weight gain" moodlet. So far, no luck. I am hoping it doesn't take another 28 weeks...

They didn't silently nerf that did they? is it still possible to reload and get the weight gain moodlet, if they still have the abducted moodlet? I hope I'm not just wasting hours of my time for nothing. *sigh*
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited February 2013
    There does not seem to be any pattern what so ever to abductions. I installed Seasons on release day and played several games with different Sims in different towns. My lots had space rocks, used the telescope.....all of it. Everything you are supposed to do to attract aliens....I was doing it. I had one Sim abducted once.

After the patch I started a new game and the Sim I was playing had no logic skills, had no space rocks and had never used a telescope. He was abducted twice inside the first two Sim weeks.

I've yet to have a male pregnancy.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    simsownallsimsownall Posts: 312
    edited March 2013
    my sims seem to get abducted all the time. Then I looked next door and the lot next to their seems to have a space rock spawner and I think that attracts the spacemen.

it got kind of annoying to tell the truth.

Space rock spawner?
  • Options
    iloveatila4evailoveatila4eva Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2013
    It took me a week, to finally get abducted.
    I had over 20 space rocks, of all sizes around my lot and in my inventory. Using the telescope to search galaxy every night from 11pm to 4am. I maxed out both my science skill and logic skill. I even modified my house so there was a huge space in the yard, but still nothing.

Finally I collected a moonstone of the street and had it in my inventory. That night I was taken.
    I am now proud to say I am happily married to and alien male with twins and another one on the way.... :D