Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Southden Islands

Hello :mrgreen: I've recently been working on a new world, Southden Islands. I've made world attempts before, but this is the first world I've liked enough so far to share :D

Any feedback would be great, thanks!

Pictures (Not many, as I'm trying to go slow and make everything perfect)

870a487b-4ee1-4233-9084-fb8f8e97f2b0_zps982def07.jpg

Screenshot-4_zps43f3a09c.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi, FuzzySlipers :)

It is a big, nervous step- showing the first world we really like. Your world looks like it's gonna be a nice city.

Keep showing pictures, it's such fun to watch a world being built and see it's progress. :thumbup:
  • Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Rflong!

A bit of a small update, I played around with the lighthouse area today, and added in some picnic tables. I'm still adding in trees, but terrain for that area is done.

Screenshot-7_zpsbda4f257.jpg
    The path leading up to the picnic tables.

Screenshot-6_zps13eea1e6.jpg
    I feel like this area is missing something still, but this is what I managed to do thus far with the welcome sign to the city island.
  • Options
    MetallifanMetallifan Posts: 188 Member
    edited February 2013
    I know exactly what it's missing! Use the sidewalk tool to make a nice path through a big flower garden around the big central rock. The sides of the bridges will frame it all in nicely. It'll also fit right in if you decide to build a suburb or something on that side.

Looks good so far! Let me know if you need help building lots, I can always help move you along a little!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Oh my gosh, I didn't even think of that! Thank you so much :D

As far as lots go, I haven't even laid down streets minus the ones connected to the bridge. :lol: Lot building happens to be my favourite aspect of the game, so I'll prolly try to do it mostly myself, but if I need a hand on anything I'll let you know :) thanks for the offer!

Btw, checked out your Santa Engracia WIP, it's amazing!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    No worries! I'm a firm believer of including large green spaces in city settings. Having that area as a big memorial flower garden or something would, I think, be an excellent way to sort of highlight the entrance to the city to anyone coming onto those bridges. Plus, it would be a great spot for sims to hold weddings and the like.

I find myself to be quite good at creating late 19th/early 20th century style buildings, and run down/seedy looking or industrial spots. So if you plan on having a slum or industrial area in the city and need a hand, let me know. I have a few lots already made up that you could use if you'd like.

And thank you for the compliment!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Sorry for the lack of updates, but here's a small one for anyone keeping up with this world. (No pictures, Photobucket is being a champ :roll: )

Added in a small dirt path around the rocky town entrance, and it looks waaaaay better! I also did some work with routing around that area. Got the terrain painting started for the beaches, and I plan on sculpting them pretty soon.

Small update I know, but between school, surgery, and being sick with this awful cold, it's hard to focus long enough to get things done.
  • Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Photobucket is being a champ
    Glad it's not just me, that new look Photobucket site is terrible, not very user friendly.

Your world looks good so far, will check back to see how this world is developing. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    They seemed to have worked out the kinks now, or at least the ones I was having :roll:

So, I figured I'd share my very extremely basic plan for the world, just so you have an idea of what the finished product will include. Note that there are older photos, I've added in more since I took the overviews.

southdenislandsuburb_zpsca6576d6.png

8db1c49c-df4b-442f-843e-c93a469937a1_zps9850188c.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Alright, I FINALLY got Photobucket to resize my pictures, so here's a bit of a picture update!

Screenshot-10_zps5ab85437.jpg
    The Lighthouse area. It's right beside the beach, and the path leads up to a picnic area.

Screenshot-9_zps800d2923.jpg
    A view of the lighthouse area from the (unfinished) beach. I still have to slope the water edges down and smooth them out so Sims can swim.

Screenshot-8_zps0a5e0468.jpg
    And of course, the newly added path :mrgreen: I also added in a sports bar on the right side of the road, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It's looking great fuzzy! I can't wait to see the big garden you build there. Can we get more shots of the sports bar too?