Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a trick to having a female baby?

:? Ugh!!!! Am I missing something? In the days of TS1 & 2 when I wanted my Sims to give birth to a female, I always made sure the female instigated the WooHoo. I have a sim family and the female has been so amourous it ain't funny! :lol: She has started the flirting, she's whispered sweet nothings, she's closed the deal! I have "4 Sons!" I Want A Girl!" I hear all the time about all these people with female triplets now! I can't have one stinking girl! Why? :cry:

Comments

• Options
    chitochuchitochu Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    im not sure if there is a trick
    most ppl i know who play it all have boys?

maybe its more common?

you can adopt a girl
  • Options
    BECKYB576BECKYB576 Posts: 344 Member
    edited June 2009
    really, more boys. ummm.... something to ponder. I may have to adopt a girl, I'm so stubborn, I have to keep trying, but I might adopt too.

Thanks for your imput!
  • Options
    DalexDalex Posts: 353 New Member
    edited June 2009
    From wat i heard eatting 3+ apples during pregnancy = boys, while watermelons = girls
  • Options
    chitochuchitochu Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    thats odd
    lol
    hmmm i'l try it too
    i want a girl also ^^
  • Options
    BoxerbabeBoxerbabe Posts: 58 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, eat 3 apples for a better chance for a boy and eating watermelons for a better chance of a girl. Also, watching and listening to the kid's channel on the TV, and radio will increase your chance of having twins or triplets. So, if you wanted twin girls, eat alot of watermelon and after that, watch the kid's channel and listen to the kids channel on the radio.
  • Options
    Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited June 2009
    Trade you one of my girls for a boy. My Sims aren't having that kind of luck in the boy baby department. :lol:

I heard someone say that the apples/watermelons trick didn't work for them. So at this point, I don't know what to tell you about making sure you get a different gender going.
  • Options
    BoxerbabeBoxerbabe Posts: 58 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Right when you are pregnant, eat alot of either apples (boy) or watermelons (girl) which ever gender you want, and keep eating that until you have the baby. It worked for me. I wanted twin girls, so I watched both the TV and radio which was on the kid's channel and kept eating watermelons for at least 2 in a half days, stopped on the 3rd day, few hours later went to the hospital and had my twin girls :)

Good luck.
  • Options
    kittyhinatakittyhinata Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    @.@ I been having nothing but girls. Not a single boy.
    In my first game, I had triplets girls. Then twin girls. So I gave up and now a new game. I have 8 girls. *some grew up and left* .
    Bleh I guess they don't want me to have a baby boy. T.T
  • Options
    artimismurdocartimismurdoc Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've herd that surrounding your pregnant Sim with different colors helps. reds and pinks for girls and blues and greens for boys. haven't tried it yet though. hopefully this helps
  • Options
    BECKYB576BECKYB576 Posts: 344 Member
    edited June 2009
    Dalex wrote:
    From wat i heard eatting 3+ apples during pregnancy = boys, while watermelons = girls

:D Watermelons work!!!! Yay!!!! I finally had a Girl! Yay!!!! :lol: :!: