Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Came across this 1.50 manual patch, but I'm unsure if it is for Mac or not...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-50-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Found this, and I'm not sure if I should download it or not. My game isn't even updated to 1.48, so I am unable to play my game due to the fact that I downloaded the base game and Seasons only. I was just wondering if this is a mac update or not.

Comments

• Options
    AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    edited February 2013
    A bit down the page there's a link to Mac OSX patches/downloads.
    However, the latest on that page is still the 1.48 one, not the 1.50.
  • Options
    AishaNalaniAishaNalani Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    The main links given are for PCs, I've tried downloading every download/superpatch available to bring my version up as I was on version 1.22, so I couldn't do anything. The links on Wikipedia in the patch table don't lead to anything for me, the links don't work basically, however I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone.

If you google 'Mac sims 3 superpatch', the first link is to a thread on this forum, advertising a Mac superpatch for 1.48, however you click the link and it says that no one has the 'sufficient privileges' to access that area. All other Mac superpatches I've been given, even 1.32 patches don't work anymore, I have a feeling they've been removed as they presumed the 1.50 was going to work... but it's not. The only thing that's brought my version up is installing a whole load of expansion packs, starting with early, compatible ones for low versions.
  • Options
    erowland93erowland93 Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    The main links given are for PCs, I've tried downloading every download/superpatch available to bring my version up as I was on version 1.22, so I couldn't do anything. The links on Wikipedia in the patch table don't lead to anything for me, the links don't work basically, however I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone.

If you google 'Mac sims 3 superpatch', the first link is to a thread on this forum, advertising a Mac superpatch for 1.48, however you click the link and it says that no one has the 'sufficient privileges' to access that area. All other Mac superpatches I've been given, even 1.32 patches don't work anymore, I have a feeling they've been removed as they presumed the 1.50 was going to work... but it's not. The only thing that's brought my version up is installing a whole load of expansion packs, starting with early, compatible ones for low versions.

Hi! I'm the author of this post's girlfriend. We've been trying so hard to update his game, but have been unsuccessful. We have searched and searched for the 1.48 patch just so he can play Seasons, but we can't do that (because of the thing about not have sufficient privileges). So hopefully they'll post the 1.50 patch for Mac soon. They said it should be ready in 24 hours, but that does not seem to be the case...