The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gamestop will be open at midnight Mar 5th

Just preordered the limited ed and asked them if they would be open at midnight on the 5th and they said yes. There is 4 big named games coming out that day they had circled so that's why they ll be open at midnight she said.

Comments

• Options
    zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    edited February 2013
    I almost went to the midnight launch that was the day of Seasons, but in the end I decided it wasn't worth dealing with the COD players (which the launch was for.)

Although it would have been hilarious to be that one person going up to the counter; "Ya, I don't want call of duty, can I have my seasons game please?" :mrgreen:
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited February 2013
    I will be waiting for them to open in the am... I went to the midnight release for seasons and it was soooo cold and I still didn't get home until 230am! Not worth it! lol

- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited February 2013
    I will be picking it up at midnight. I want to get uni installed as quickly as possible and play around with the new smartphones and new romantic interactions.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited February 2013
    I am on vacation, so I will be there first thing in the morning. Wow Simcity, Tomb Raider and Uni. Probably install Uni first, Joy, Joy. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AmandaRFaganAmandaRFagan Posts: 28
    edited February 2013
    I pre-ordered a digital download of Seasons from GameStop and I picked up my code at midnight (some other big game was being released that night) and I went home and it wouldn't let me download it. I stayed up till 4 in the morning trying to figure out what the problem was, then went to sleep. I got up at 9am, I still couldn't download it. At 10am (when GameStop opens), I could download it. It was SUCH a pain in the butt. I don't know if this will happen for people getting DD of University Life, but just a heads up to everyone!
  • Options
    Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited February 2013
    Just preordered the limited ed and asked them if they would be open at midnight on the 5th and they said yes. There is 4 big named games coming out that day they had circled so that's why they ll be open at midnight she said.
    4?
    There's Sims 3 University, the new SimCity, the new Tomb Raider, and what's the 4th?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited February 2013
    Simmer999 wrote:
    4?
    There's Sims 3 University, the new SimCity, the new Tomb Raider, and what's the 4th?

Sim city and sims 3 wasn't circled. I saw 4 games circled but none was the sims 3 or sim city. I don't remember the other one.
  • Options
    museman98museman98 Posts: 2,158 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh God. It's gonna be funny when I tell the person at gamestop that I pre-ordered three games that come out the same day. I probably will play university then tomb raider and play sim city a week later.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,569 Member
    edited February 2013
    zefiewings wrote:
    I almost went to the midnight launch that was the day of Seasons, but in the end I decided it wasn't worth dealing with the COD players (which the launch was for.)

Although it would have been hilarious to be that one person going up to the counter; "Ya, I don't want call of duty, can I have my seasons game please?" :mrgreen:

lol :mrgreen: I actually went, and was the only one had gotten Seasons when I went, not sure if anyone got it after I left though
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm a digital downloader, so no massive rush events for me :lol: plus I live in a small town so there aren't so many people.
  • Options
    EuroGirL87EuroGirL87 Posts: 154 Member
    edited February 2013
    I pre-orderd both Sims 3 University Life LE and SimCity LE so I'll definitely be going to the midnight launch! I can't wait! :)
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited February 2013
    :)
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited February 2013
    going to midnight release for sims lol
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited February 2013
    Simmer999 wrote:
    4?

Sim city and sims 3 wasn't circled. I saw 4 games circled but none was the sims 3 or sim city. I don't remember the other one.

Huh, it surprises me that SimCity wasn't. I wonder what the other three were...one of them was definitely Tomb Raider. Maybe the new Castlevania for the 3DS? I've had my eye on it but I haven't bought it yet...for obvious reasons.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited February 2013
    I wish I didn't have to work early the next day. I've got Uni and Tomb Raider preordered at Gamestop. March 5th can't come fast enough for me.
  • Options
    saschatilosaschatilo Posts: 3,007 Member
    edited February 2013
    zefiewings wrote:

I was that one person. LOL :mrgreen: