The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

game hasn't worked since seasons and new patches HELP

hey all,
my sims 3 games have worked just fine with no really bad issues for 2 years. after i purchased seasons, my game has been laggy, and for the past few months the game will not work. i had to uninstall every single exp plus the main game and reinstall only a few, seasons included. it starts now since before it would not get passed the main loading screen, but it always crashes the minute i try to use a family. i am getting seriously fed up with the problems i've been having. i cannot afford a new computer just for my games. is seasons the reason for this? if so i am very disapointed as i wasted money on this expansion then. someone PLEASE help me! :cry: i want to play sims again.

Comments

• Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi,

Please post your dxdiag for the techies. Thanks!

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps below:

If you have Microsoft Windows XP:
    1. Click the Start button on the Windows Taskbar.
    2. Select Run.
    3. Type dxdiag in the text field.
    4. Click OK.
    5. If you have a 64-bit OS, click Run 64-bit DxDiag.
    6. Click Save All Information.
    7. Click Save.
    8. Open the text file.
    9. On the Edit menu, click Select All.
    10.On the Edit menu, click Copy.
    11. Paste the text into your post.

If you have Windows Vista/Win 7 and do not have a Run selection:
    1. Right click the menu bar and select Properties.
    2. Click the Start Menu tab.
    3. Click the Customize button.
    4. In the upper window, scroll down until you see the Run command and check the correlating check box.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Click Start.
    7. Click Run.
    8. Type dxdiag into the text field and click OK.
    9. If you have a 64-bit OS, click Run 64-bit DxDiag.
    10.Click Save All Information.
    11.Click Save.
    12.Open the text file.
    13.On the Edit menu, click Select All.
    14.On the Edit menu, click Copy.
    15.Paste the text into your post.
  • Options
    kaylinluvssimskaylinluvssims Posts: 186 New Member
    edited February 2013
    i'm not allowed to post information regarding my computer. sorry. what i can tell you is that i've been running the sims 3 on a windows 7 dell laptop with 3.80gb of RAM, intel core prosessor I3, Intel HD graphics (just recently updated it)
  • Options
    EuroGirL87EuroGirL87 Posts: 154 Member
    edited February 2013
    DxDiag doesn't post any personal information, just info about your pc specs. From the looks of it, You only have a dual core with integrated graphics. Integrated Graphics are not really for gaming, you need a graphics card with dedicated memory. Just about all the Sims 3 games require a graphics card with minimun 128mb memory. The more expansion packs you have you need a better graphics card. You might have been able to play Sims until now, but Seasons is graphics demanding, because it's actual realistic weather. Check game specs before you buy them, or ask someone at your local electronics store if you don't understand something.
  • Options
    kaylinluvssimskaylinluvssims Posts: 186 New Member
    edited February 2013
    update: i have had to make the painful decision of deleting seasons until my boyfriend and i build a custom gaming computer. i would however like to know what to do about the sims 3 university life. i want to buy it so bad but i don't want to go through this crap again. does university life seem like its going to be very graphics demanding? and also should i uninstall and re install everything again? :cry: really sad that seasons has caused problems for others too as i have seen. EA should really work on a way for us players with low graphics to play. maybe release a patch so that low graphics computers and or laptops can properly run the game without issues?
  • Options
    EuroGirL87EuroGirL87 Posts: 154 Member
    edited February 2013
    I don't know what the specs for University Life are yet, probably something like the others, but the requirements they post are only for base + ep, not all ep's and sp's. You can find pretty good graphics cards with 1gb dedicated memory for $100-$150 depending on exact model. A whole new computer isn't necessary if you don't play other performance demanding games. Technology is moving forward so it wouldn't make sense for any gaming company to waste time on making games compatible for old tech, compared to other games Sims 3 isn't even that demanding. *Just noticed you said you have a laptop. Laptops will always have more issues since they are not really for gaming, and they are very hard to upgrade. Even a laptop that has higher specs will just overheat faster with hours of gaming, better to have a desktop for gaming.*