The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imaginary Friend has an Imaginary baby?

Never had this happen before.
One of my sims who had an imaginary friend, and then later turned real.
That imaginary friend (turned real) had a baby who is apparently also an imgaginary!
imaginaryfriendbaby_zps86906c9a.png

Comments

• Options
    jericho13jericho13 Posts: 960 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Indeed, imaginary friends made real can have children that are imaginary friends. And those imaginary friend children can have imaginary friends of their own.

My sim's eldest daughter is an imaginary friend who, upon turning YA, moved into a house with her own imaginary friend made real.
  • Options
    ZessinnaZessinna Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2013
    oh my goodness that sounds so complicated! XD Lovely!
  • Options
    marinarose1395marinarose1395 Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    Woah, so in CAS it showed in the occult section it was an IF? So then if you have supernatural can you create an IF off the bat? And also how did you open your IF in CAS :shock: it doesn't work with testingcheatsenabled and I reeeally don't wanna use mods
  • Options
    Prettyweed870Prettyweed870 Posts: 832 Member
    edited February 2013
    Woah, so in CAS it showed in the occult section it was an IF? So then if you have supernatural can you create an IF off the bat? And also how did you open your IF in CAS :shock: it doesn't work with testingcheatsenabled and I reeeally don't wanna use mods

If testing cheats are enabled in your game, you should be able to hold the shift key and click on the sim you want to edit and an option for "edit in CAS" should pop up. It doesn't work for me on sims I am playing though. Helpful for giving townies "makeovers". :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013

If testing cheats are enabled in your game, you should be able to hold the shift key and click on the sim you want to edit and an option for "edit in CAS" should pop up. It doesn't work for me on sims I am playing though. Helpful for giving townies "makeovers". :D

Oh, that's sad because I use testingcheatsenabled all over the place on my sims and other townies but it doesn't work for the IF's :( most occults it doesn't let you do it for either, like Bonehilda and the robot and the mummy, etc...I think you need one of Twallan's mods to be able to edit them all.
  • Options
    feketemacskafeketemacska Posts: 129
    edited February 2013

If testing cheats are enabled in your game, you should be able to hold the shift key and click on the sim you want to edit and an option for "edit in CAS" should pop up.

I also like giving townies makeovers but I'm afraid to use testingcheats and as far as I know it's not enabled in my game... I thought this ability came with a patch?
    I have Story Progression and last time I checked it said that testingcheats is disabled (enabled = false)

Could you please advise, what's going on?
    Thank you so much.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

If testing cheats are enabled in your game, you should be able to hold the shift key and click on the sim you want to edit and an option for "edit in CAS" should pop up.

I also like giving townies makeovers but I'm afraid to use testingcheats and as far as I know it's not enabled in my game... I thought this ability came with a patch?
    I have Story Progression and last time I checked it said that testingcheats is disabled (enabled = false)

Could you please advise, what's going on?
    Thank you so much.

To enable the cheats, hit ctrl+shift+C and a window will pop up at the top. Type in "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks, hit enter, and the cheats are running! To add any cheats to the game, open the window, then type in the code for the cheat. You can find them all online or by typing "help" in the window. No need to be afraid of cheats (: they do not compromise your game play at all! But as far as it being enabled, it's built into every game, but it doesn't run unless you yourself ask it to. Any other questions I'd be happy to help (: I LIVE for cheats, I can't play without some of the basics, such as getting sims out of sticky situations or saving my sim from impending death :shock:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for your quick reply. I don't want to use it and I did NOT type in 'testingcheatsenabled true' in the top window (-: How come, that it is still enabled? Or can we edit the townies in CAS without it?

Once I've also managed to delete a car with Shift+click and delete object :shock:
    It was a neighbor's car, stuck on the road in front of my sim's house for days. So I believe it was a good thing to delete it but still... I'm afraid of this and other than changing the ugly townies, I'm happy without cheats.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for your quick reply. I don't want to use it and I did NOT type in 'testingcheatsenabled true' in the top window (-: How come, that it is still enabled? Or can we edit the townies in CAS without it?

Once I've also managed to delete a car with Shift+click and delete object :shock:
    It was a neighbor's car, stuck on the road in front of my sim's house for days. So I believe it was a good thing to delete it but still... I'm afraid of this and other than changing the ugly townies, I'm happy without cheats.

I have no idea why you were able to delete objects without cheats...that's completely bizarre and is not supposed to happen! May I ask why you would rather play without cheats? I understand that using cheats takes away the "real life" aspect of the game, but certain cheats really don't do that, for example, like changing an outfit or resetting a stuck sim. There really is not anything to be scared of, I promise! I wish I understood why you were so hesitant to use them :cry: but you cannot edit townies in CAS without the cheats enabled, and you are also stuck with the outfits (or like the face, hair, etc) of the sims you make unless you use the cheat on them as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

I have no idea why you were able to delete objects without cheats...that's completely bizarre and is not supposed to happen! May I ask why you would rather play without cheats? I understand that using cheats takes away the "real life" aspect of the game, but certain cheats really don't do that, for example, like changing an outfit or resetting a stuck sim. There really is not anything to be scared of, I promise! I wish I understood why you were so hesitant to use them :cry: but you cannot edit townies in CAS without the cheats enabled, and you are also stuck with the outfits (or like the face, hair, etc) of the sims you make unless you use the cheat on them as well.

This is weird... I'll have to check it again when I start the game next time.
    I don't (intentionally) use cheats for two reasons

1. I find the game more interesting without them. When my sims need to sleep, eat, have fun etc. I let them have it. When they have a bad moodlet, I try to help them to get over it but they are usually full of good moodlets anyway so a bad one does not have an effect. My game gets boring when my sims get rich so I don't need the money cheat, either.

2. I play on a three year old laptop and it is a miracle that it is able to run the game. It just crashed due to a power outage a few months ago and due to an unknown reason a few weeks ago - I just have a feeling that anything that changes "normal" gameplay would not help it.

Btw you can change your active sim's clothes with the dresser (object) and their hair at the mirror, you don't need to cheat for that (:
  • Options
    edited February 2013

This is weird... I'll have to check it again when I start the game next time.
    I don't (intentionally) use cheats for two reasons

1. I find the game more interesting without them. When my sims need to sleep, eat, have fun etc. I let them have it. When they have a bad moodlet, I try to help them to get over it but they are usually full of good moodlets anyway so a bad one does not have an effect. My game gets boring when my sims get rich so I don't need the money cheat, either.

2. I play on a three year old laptop and it is a miracle that it is able to run the game. It just crashed due to a power outage a few months ago and due to an unknown reason a few weeks ago - I just have a feeling that anything that changes "normal" gameplay would not help it.

Btw you can change your active sim's clothes with the dresser (object) and their hair at the mirror, you don't need to cheat for that (:

Well, like I said, I don't really use the cheats to change the actual gameplay, like deleting moodlets or gaining money. And I *promise* you that if you use cheats it will not make your computer get slower (: my boyfriend runs the sims on a six year old mac laptop and cheats all over the place don't make it lag or freeze or affect the quality in any way. And like I said, certain things like unsticking sims or resetting NPC's are sometimes necessary to make up for the bugs EA skimmed over, and editing townies is always a nice touch, as well as a slew of other opportunities that are opened up to you with cheats that doesn't affect the *easiness* of the game (: