The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh my ghost opportunity not registering

Hello! So I posted this on that bug thread on the first page, but no one as replied to it with an answer.

Basically, when I get the "Oh my ghost" opportunity I am able to have a playable ghost, but the opportunity isn't registered as complete, so if I cancel it, I don't get that tab that says "resurrect ghost for 3,000". I tried to separate the science center and hospital and that didn't work.
I even uninstalled the whole game and installed again. Still didn't do anything.
Anyone manage to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    EskaytiEskayti Posts: 70
    edited February 2013
    Don't be surprised about -not- getting an answer on the bug page. I've listed quite a few myself and never heard anything back, in fact two of them are major bugs that EA hasn't fixed yet and I'm not the only one who has those bugs.

As for the Oh My Ghost!, it could be the result of a new expansion or patch - seems like patches fix bugs/glitches and create new ones - you may have installed. Do you use any mods?

Have you had the opportunity before and everything worked fine? Have you installed anything new since the last time you got the opportunity?

I have a problem with a few opportunities being unable to complete for some unknown glitch somewhere, I have the same problem with several achievements I complete, but the game doesn't register it and I don't get the badge.

It doesn't hurt to post your issue on a few various forums, sometimes other simmers will have ideas and/or answers to share. :-)
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited February 2013
    Is that in Moonlight Falls?
    If it is, same problem here.
    OFC they don't listen to us. I created really big post of glitches and they are just ignoring it, even though my game is very annoying to play with those bugs, especially werewolves' default face and no option to change them in CAS even with cheats. -.-
    Check it out if you have time. :)
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/585200.page
  • Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited February 2013
    This will happen in all towns that use combo-rabbitholes where the hospital and science lab are combined into one building, like Appaloosa Plains, Starlight Shores, Monlight Falls or Monte Vista.
    Separating them by placing "traditional" single-rabbitholes helps BUT you have to place them BEFORE you receive the opportunity. Otherwise it won't work AND when you receive the opportunity the opportunity star has to appear at the single-rabbithole, not the combined one.
    I tried this in three different towns (Starlight Shores, Monte Vista, Moonlight Falls). When I placed the separate science lab after I got the opportunity the separate one acts just like the combined one. I cancelled the opportunity, placed the separate rabbithole and then cheated to get the opportunity again and then the opportunity star appeared above the regular science lab and I could finally complete the opportunity.
  • Options
    ZessinnaZessinna Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2013
    Eskayti wrote:
    Do you use any mods?

Have you had the opportunity before and everything worked fine? Have you installed anything new since the last time you got the opportunity?

Yes I have a lot of mods, mostly tuning mods. But I of course did the standard thing where you have to update and all. I have store content too.

When I first got the opportunity, it didn't work, and I didn't bother me much at the time (death of an old pet). Then I got it again when I really wanted to use it (death of a vampire) and I got to resurrect her, but the opportunity just register.

I have yet to get it again because I have not moved on to the next generation yet. So for now, it wouldn't bother me. Though like Snapdragon said
    Snapdragon wrote:
    Separating them by placing "traditional" single-rabbitholes helps BUT you have to place them BEFORE you receive the opportunity. Otherwise it won't work AND when you receive the opportunity the opportunity star has to appear at the single-rabbithole, not the combined one.

I do currently have them seperate, I hope the next time it pops up it will appear normal and register correctly. I will try to update the next time it occurs (given it is within a reasonable amount of time). :)

Thanks so much for the reply guys! :D
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited February 2013
    Interesting. I had a vampire die at a party my Sim threw in Bridgeport and my Sim was able to get her tombstone by "managing the dead" at the mauselouem in the graveyard. BUT she has no opportunity to have her resurrected at the science lab either. :( So I'm working on getting her fishing up so she can catch death fish and make her some ambrosia. But it was really disappointing not to get the Oh My Ghost opportunity...which I have NEVER gotten by the way. :(
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited February 2013
    Snapdragon wrote:
    This will happen in all towns that use combo-rabbitholes where the hospital and science lab are combined into one building, like Appaloosa Plains, Starlight Shores, Monlight Falls or Monte Vista.
    I tried this in three different towns (Starlight Shores, Monte Vista, Moonlight Falls). When I placed the separate science lab after I got the opportunity the separate one acts just like the combined one. I cancelled the opportunity, placed the separate rabbithole and then cheated to get the opportunity again and then the opportunity star appeared above the regular science lab and I could finally complete the opportunity.

How did you cheated to get that opportunity? :shock:
  • Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited February 2013
    How did you cheated to get that opportunity? :shock:
    You need a mod that unlocks the debug commands that are in the game but not normally accessible by users, like twallan's DebugEnabler. MasterController (also by twallan) and AwesomeMod also let you trigger opportunities.
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Interesting. I had a vampire die at a party my Sim threw in Bridgeport and my Sim was able to get her tombstone by "managing the dead" at the mauselouem in the graveyard. BUT she has no opportunity to have her resurrected at the science lab either. So I'm working on getting her fishing up so she can catch death fish and make her some ambrosia. But it was really disappointing not to get the Oh My Ghost opportunity...which I have NEVER gotten by the way.
    The problem Zessinna and we are having is not to get the opportunity, we have it in our opportunity tab, but that it doesn't complete after we've resurrected the ghost. The ghost is there in our household but the opportunity is still there, too.
    To get the opportunity without cheating you will have to have a high relationship with the Sim that died and then just wait. It is quite random for the opportunity to appear and if your Sim is also a celebrity you will have to make sure that there are no celebrity or other opportunities locked in the bottom line of the opportunities tab.