Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Makeup reverting to Zombie makeup in CAS?

Hi everyone :mrgreen: I have a glitch where the makeup on my sims reverts to zombie makeup in CAS. I lock the makeup but when i switch to another clothing tab the makeup turns to the zombie makeup. I looked in the Supernatural bug thread for a solution but I didnt see one. Im running my game on a Windows 7 and I do not have any mods or custom content.

Comments

• Options
    elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited February 2013
    I have the same glitch and have had for a long time now :( I've had to go to the trouble of having unlocked make-up and changing the make-up for every single outfit. Very tedious :thumbdown:
  • Options
    BaronVonLydonBaronVonLydon Posts: 71
    edited February 2013
    A Couple of question to help you pinpoint your problem. Go to Installed Content on the main menu and make sure run without custom content is checked. Now see if it still happens. If you have added anything to your game from the exchange you have custom content.

Next question did you use a mirror or makeup station. Try using the opposite one to see if it makes any difference.

Final resort: Reset your Sims (Shift/Ctrl) + C on PC. See if that works. Type help to get code.

Also you may have decided to change your Sims makeup while the computer is trying to perform an animation routine on your Sims. Such as changing into a Vampire, pregnancy or other animation sequence.

The computer usually pause for a long time, trying to perform this routine, it may cause a conflict.

• Options
    elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited February 2013
    It happens with mine no matter how CAS is accessed. It happens when actually creating a sim before starting to play. I don't have 3rd party cc, so I'm guessing maybe it's a glitched store clothing item causing it, or some other in-game glitch. It would take forever for me to figure out if it is a store clothing item cos I'd have to re-install each item 1 by 1.
  • Options
    hi54321hi54321 Posts: 2,554 New Member
    edited February 2013
    A Couple of question to help you pinpoint your problem. Go to Installed Content on the main menu and make sure run without custom content is checked. Now see if it still happens. If you have added anything to your game from the exchange you have custom content.

Next question did you use a mirror or makeup station. Try using the opposite one to see if it makes any difference.

Final resort: Reset your Sims (Shift/Ctrl) + C on PC. See if that works. Type help to get code.

Also you may have decided to change your Sims makeup while the computer is trying to perform an animation routine on your Sims. Such as changing into a Vampire, pregnancy or other animation sequence.

The computer usually pause for a long time, trying to perform this routine, it may cause a conflict.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

-I dont have any custom content but I'll run it anyway just to see what happens. Thanks :mrgreen:

-just like elle0808 it happens no matter which way I access CAS

And for the final resort suggestion, what exactly does that do?

Thanks for all the help :mrgreen::mrgreen: I'll tell you if any of these suggestions work for me.
  • Options
    BaronVonLydonBaronVonLydon Posts: 71
    edited February 2013
    It resets your Sim. So say you get stuck in the bath or a door you can reset the Sim who is stuck, while at the same time not affecting any other part of the game. Some people call it the cheat window. Because you can enter codes like "Motherlode" that give $50,000 to your household. Reset feature is not a cheat in most case it is the first thing you should try. Its built in the game.