Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something I'm wishing for

First of all, let me say this is not a complaint thread. Hopefully it's a good idea that could be implemented or modded in somehow. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a ton of empty lots in my bin and it can sometimes be a pain to go through all of them to find what I'm looking for. I wish there was a way to classify them by lot size or price or number of bedrooms or something. Does anyone know if there is a mod for this or if there is some way I can do this for myself? Thanks! :D

Comments

• Options
    WoWLynniaWoWLynnia Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited January 2013
    That would be nice. Going through all my saved lots takes forever, and I *know* I have duplicates in there, just takes way too much time to sort them out.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2013
    Totally agree. That would probably be #1 on my list of things if I were to write a list of what I wish they would add to the game.

I don't know of a mod for this. There is nothing in the UI at all for sorting or searching in the bin, so I don't think a simple mod could do it (probably why there isn't one).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited January 2013
    That would be nice... Preferably by lot size. I hate it when you go to slap down a gorgeous lot, only to realize that you're just a few squares off. Or by cost.

I think bedroom number would be the least likely way just because then they (EA or the modder) would have to create some sort of system that classifies rooms as bedrooms. Which wouldn't be too difficult for the furnished houses (just go by the number of beds) but it could get tricky with unfurnished houses or houses that have multiple single beds in each room.

But I still love the idea. I don't personally know of a mod for this, and there isn't any in-game way for you to do it. So for now, guess you'll just have to scroll through :?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    @AnglePlay300, The game could surely be easily coded to determine number of bedrooms.

The game already knows how to look at individual rooms and look at what furniture is in those rooms; the decorated and music moodlets both do exactly that. It would just be a matter of having the same coding that those moodlets use to analyze rooms but to look for beds instead of stereos or decorations.
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited January 2013
    Stormkeep wrote:
    @AnglePlay300, The game could surely be easily coded to determine number of bedrooms.

The game already knows how to look at individual rooms and look at what furniture is in those rooms; the decorated and music moodlets both do exactly that. It would just be a matter of having the same coding that those moodlets use to analyze rooms but to look for beds instead of stereos or decorations.

Never meant it would be impossibly difficult, but because the bin already lists lot size and cost, wouldn't it be easier (don't care how much easier) to just turn those listings into categories?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Never meant it would be impossibly difficult, but because the bin already lists lot size and cost, wouldn't it be easier (don't care how much easier) to just turn those listings into categories?

True enough! And when it comes to being able to filter or sort or do SOMETHING to help find things in the lot bin, I'll take anything they will give me. So you're right, the easier the better...because then it is more likely to actually happen.

It takes me for freaking ever to find the lots I want when I start a new neighborhood and do my normal town remodeling.
  • Options
    Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited January 2013
    So I'm NOT the only one! Thank goodness! :lol: Sorting by number of bedrooms was just a random thought. Cost and/or lot size would be just fine with me. I know I've got duplicates in there too.