Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read child to sleep

Hey simmers, I'm hoping somebody can help me fulfill my sims wish to read her son to sleep. I have him in bed and I can't figure out how to get the option. I tried clicking on the bookshelf and also tried clicking on the son. Neither one had the option. Can someone tell me how to do it?

Thanks!
PDWxp40.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited January 2013
    Have the son ask the mother to read him a bed time story. Or have the mother offer to read him a story.

Either way, while being in control of sim A, click on sim B and choose the option that has something to do with a bed time story. If it isn't just a random option out on its own, it's probably in the friendly category.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2013
    The option to read the child to sleep only shows up once they child gets the moodlet for being sleepy. That may be why you aren't finding it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    WoWLynniaWoWLynnia Posts: 2,715 Member
    edited January 2013
    This ^ Also, the child has to have low enough enough to be sleepy. :)
  • Options
    DantaXIDantaXI Posts: 186
    edited January 2013
    The option won't show up if they are already in bed. But child does have to be tired enough for the option to show up.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited January 2013
    the option appears when the child is sleepy, anytime before then it will not show up.

secondly, i always have the child go to their bed and relax, and i already have the book i want the teen or above to read, it cuts down on time.

also you can't choose "read to sleep" if the game is paused.
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks everyone! I'll bet it's because the child isn't sleepy enough yet. Appeciate all the responses.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2013
    [quote=************** everyone! I'll bet it's because the child isn't sleepy enough yet. Appeciate all the responses.[/quote]

Wait till they get the 3 hour sleepy moodlet, then it should show up -- I'm not sure if the child has to ask for it or if the parent (or teen) can initiate it. It's one of the cuter interactions from Generations IMO, especially after the child falls asleep and the reader kisses the child goodnight. Reminds me of Sims 2 when my Sim would come home from work after the kids were in bed and he/she would go and tuck them in and kiss them good night. 8)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)