Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long do you play?

Feather91's "what do you do while your game loads" topic made me wonder how long you play your games etc.

I play for about 2-3 hours a day (IF I play! I don't play every day) and I take a 15min break after each hour during which I'm on my feet doing some cardio or just walking around (which I hope all of you are doing too). This is not just with the sims, but with all other games I play too...

So what about you? I'm just curious...

Comments

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,914 Member
    edited January 2013
    About 2 hours or so, a few times a week.

I'm actually cutting down my time since school is about to start and when school starts, I will only be playing on the weekends.
  • Options
    Hellz_AngelHellz_Angel Posts: 1,694 Member
    edited January 2013
    If i have enough time to play (which is rare), i try to squeeze in an hour. But with work and school now, im running myself ragged just trying to drive across town.
    <3 JD & LC 3-20-13 <3
  • Options
    Shadowninja2Shadowninja2 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited January 2013
    Just like an hour or two. I don't play everyday though.
  • Options
    Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited January 2013
    Since I work full time, I usually play all weekend long with a break here and there.
  • Options
    jericho13jericho13 Posts: 960 New Member
    edited January 2013
    This has been my last week of freedom (unemployment) so I've been playing pretty much non-stop. I go to the gym for an hour and a half or so, run some errands, take my daughter to and from school, and cook dinner, but the whole time my Sims game is running on my computer.

Next week, who knows. I hope to have time for an hour or so a day.
  • Options
    FlOrangeyFlOrangey Posts: 25
    edited January 2013
    Probably about two hours once or twice a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less, depends on what's going on.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited January 2013
    I don't know as it varies, depends on how long I feel like playing or how long the game itself wants to work. That can be anything from hours to seconds.
    I can play for longer now that I've finished work (joy for companies going to the administrators!!!) and that I'm not at Uni at the moment cos they're useless- and I'm supposed to trust them with my education?! :shock:

I just don't always have the motivation to play.

I take breaks too, dinner or food and drink breaks. Also it can take forever for my game to save, so I'll pause my game and hit save then head downstairs to torment my dog and chat to family for a bit.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    xLisa1986xxLisa1986x Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm usually on it for a few hours through out the day, don't play everyday as have to fit in college work
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited January 2013
    I don't play very often, but when I do, it's for 3-4 hours. I imagine I would play more (and in shorter bursts) if it took less time to load. But I'd probably be hopelessly addicted, too.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited January 2013
    jericho13 wrote:
    This has been my last week of freedom (unemployment) so I've been playing pretty much non-stop. I go to the gym for an hour and a half or so, run some errands, take my daughter to and from school, and cook dinner, but the whole time my Sims game is running on my computer.

Next week, who knows. I hope to have time for an hour or so a day.

:D Good luck with your new job! I'm currently jobless right now, so I've been reaping the simming benefits of unemployment while actively continuing my career search through applications and interviews.

Since I have so much free time, I usually play for at least 3 hours every day, and even though I never keep track of time, I probably often play for 5 + hrs several times a week. I know it's bad for my eyes, (it turns them red lol), so I know need to take more breaks from staring at the screen haha but as you all know, this game really sucks you in.
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I play the Sims for seriously hours on end. It takes me a good 2 hours to build a medium sized house and furnish it, so that's why it takes so long.
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited January 2013
    I don't seem to play much anymore. But I am super excited for University...so I think that may be the reason :lol:

tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    sillydilly25sillydilly25 Posts: 116 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I play waaaay too much now since I have tons of free time (I quit my job) and I should cut back on playing so much, but I can't help it since its way too addicting. :D
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited January 2013
    Depends on how much time I have. During the week it can range between 2-4 hours (on and off), and on the weekends it's more like 1-2 hours.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    PlumFrecklesPlumFreckles Posts: 713 Member
    edited January 2013
    Trish1966 wrote:
    Since I work full time, I usually play all weekend long with a break here and there.

Same. :mrgreen: Sometimes i'll play the odd hour or two after work as well.
  • Options
    CherryWillCherryWill Posts: 130 New Member
    edited January 2013
    i've been playing like 2 hours a day this week but next week when my classes start back up and i have a life again :D it'll probably only be a couple of hours on the weekends.
    as for cardio...ha...hhahahah...hahahahahahahah...um no i don't do that
  • Options
    simschickplzsimschickplz Posts: 50
    edited January 2013
    depends but i haven't played sims in the past week until now so...
  • Options
    knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited January 2013
    0 seconds...I haven't played Sims 3 in over 6 months. But if I were still playing, maybe 2 hours a day, seeing that I get home from school at 5 and have like an hour or more of homework. Hoping to get a laptop for my birthday so I can play again.
    I once played Sims 2 for about 8 hours straight( from 9 pm to 5 in the morning, no breaks..not even to pee..I don't think, it was like 2 years ago).
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited January 2013
    Can range from 2-4 hours. I'm a big lump and loose track of time when playing so i try not to play to much during the week..
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DantaXIDantaXI Posts: 186
    edited January 2013
    Well now that the spring semester has started, I mainly play on the weekends. If I feel like playing the game it will be open on my laptop for the majority of the day, but I will probably only play it in like 2 hour increments.
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited January 2013
    When I do actually play, Ill play for hours on end. Usually I get sidetracked by other things though, and I dont end up playing at all.
  • Options
    WernardoWernardo Posts: 824 New Member
    edited January 2013
    CherryWill wrote:
    i've been playing like 2 hours a day this week but next week when my classes start back up and i have a life again :D it'll probably only be a couple of hours on the weekends.
    as for cardio...ha...hhahahah...hahahahahahahah...um no i don't do that

Don't laugh!! I can't help being weird it seems.. :)
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited January 2013
    Well, I've had my game OPEN for like 12 hours before. But I'm sure actual play time only totaled to about 4 :lol:

Normally I only get to play on weekends so it's anywhere from 1 to 4 hours at a time. (That's including breaks that I seem to take every ten minutes.)

My most recent play time (which just ended) was like 20 minutes.... :/ I get bored really fast at night time.
  • Options
    Angel_D0109Angel_D0109 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited January 2013
    On the weekdays I'm either working or at college from 8 AM to 5 PM, some weekends I have plans with family or friends.
    But whenever I'm home I play the entire time until 1 AM, with breaks every 2 hours or so... to go play a game with my boyfriend. :lol: