Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim switches lights off?

Ive noticed a couple of times that one of my sims will have the dark room moodlet that you get if there is no light fitting. Except all my rooms have lights. However the room they are in is dark so i manually turn all the lights on by clicking on a light, and that removes the moodlet.

Ive just had this one sim sit down to eat, he cancelled the eat command autonomously even though he was near starving, and the meal icon was replaced by a pic of the kitchen light, as I hovered over it, it said 'switch lights off' which he promptly did lol.

So this one sim is turning all the lights off leaving the other sims in the dark.

I checked his traits for a clue and he has frugal, so I guess he is saving electricity.

Comments

• Options
    10eliblue10eliblue Posts: 2,280 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Odd, this feature must be new, or it's caused by a Mod.
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited January 2013
    hhahaha thats exactly why i never make frugal sims. it drives me crazy and i dont think it actually brings your sims' bills down.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited January 2013
    10eliblue wrote:
    no its not new or added by a mod. its just something sims with the frugal trait do (but you cant tell them to do it, they have to do it autonomously)
    44444.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    10eliblue wrote:
    no its not new or added by a mod. its just something sims with the frugal trait do (but you cant tell them to do it, they have to do it autonomously)
    Huh, never saw this. There should be a Mod that fixes this and adds more money to pay in the Bills when the Lights are on.
  • Options
    WernardoWernardo Posts: 824 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Yes, this irritates the heck out of me when a sim decides to manually turn off lights! Another thing is when a sim decides to tell a ghost story on a crowded community lot and all the lights go out!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Wernardo wrote:
    Yes, this irritates the heck out of me when a sim decides to manually turn off lights! Another thing is when a sim decides to tell a ghost story on a crowded community lot and all the lights go out!
    Nope, it's a power outlidge. :lol:
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited January 2013
    lmao. Too funny. I think I want to create a Sim that is a Coward and is Frugal, maybe he'll turn the lights off, then run out of the house scared because of the dark? *giggle*
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited January 2013
    lmao. Too funny. I think I want to create a Sim that is a Coward and is Frugal, maybe he'll turn the lights off, then run out of the house scared because of the dark? *giggle*

Oh! now you are talking! when he ages up (he is currently teen) I will give him coward, thats going to be hilarious!
  • Options
    WernardoWernardo Posts: 824 New Member
    edited January 2013

LOL!!! That would be HILARIOUS!!!!
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh! now you are talking! when he ages up (he is currently teen) I will give him coward, thats going to be hilarious!

Lol, I'm not sure if it works like that, as I've never had a coward Sim.. but decided I wanted one because of a story someone told on the forums a few weeks back about wanting their Sim to set off a firework and then instead the Sim took it inside the house, lit it, caught the house on fire, and ran away screaming instead of putting it out (because the Sim was a coward), I still to this day find that so funny and now with this..frugal thing.. I really would be laughing if they actually did run out of the house because it was dark.

Please do share video clip/pictures, if you can! That would just be priceless. Hehe. : )

@Wernardo: I'm still giggling at the thought.
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited January 2013
    My sim does it all the time. He often turns the lights off in the lounge/dining room when most of my other sims are in it. They get very cranky at him so I turn them back off. It doesnt take long before he turns them back off again though!
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited January 2013
    yeah and frugal sims don't want to use the dryer either, just the outdoor freshness of a clothesline for them!
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2013
    :lol: This is great! I have never played a Frugal sim so did not know they would do this.

Do they do it at community lots too? :mrgreen:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited January 2013
    I actually love that frugal sims do this... It's just one of those quirks they have. And I've noticed that they'll usually just do it to rooms that other sims aren't in. And as long as you have your lights set to automatic, they should come back on the next time a sim walks into the room.
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited January 2013
    OMG, I am laughing so hard with the idea with frugal and coward cause I would love to see if I can try that too. LOL! Oh, nearly fell off the chair here laughing!
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!