Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To All SIMS - How You Doing??

I'm a restless Simmer back from a brief hiatus.
I have the classic issue of no follow through. I cannot seem to stick to the same family for long at all.

Anyway, this post is about inspiration.

What's going on in your game? Tell me about your current or favourite Sim(s)?
(Is your current family your favourite?)

Where do they live?
Is it a large, expensive house will all the mod-cons or a humble starter?
How many children do they have?
What careers are they in?
Anything outstanding about their personality?
and just generally why you love them.

Comments

• Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited January 2013
    I used to be like you...couldn't stick to one family. But ever since I made my simself and my bf's simself, I've stuck with that family.

They got married, and lived in Hidden Springs. I then moved them from HS and to Lucky Palms and Sunlit Tides, and finally have settled them down in Moonlight Falls (and just realized I hadn't even tried playing Starlight Shores--is that the name of it?--or Appaloosa Plains).

Anyway, they had three kids, two boys--Landon and Logan--and a girl, Felicity. Landon and Logan moved out when they lived in Sunlit Tides, and started their own families. Felicity is my Gen 2 heiress and moved with her parents to Moonlight Falls. She married (a sim I created for her) Eric (he was turned into a werewolf by my simself--who is now a witch), and they have three children as well--two boys, Henry James and Thorton; and a girl--Nora Mae (she was born a werewolf). Thorton moved out on his own. I think Henry James will be my Gen 3 heir. Nora Mae is only a teen, but I think she'll be moving out when she becomes a YA.

My simself's hubby (bf's simself) recently died of old age (first time I've ever had a sim die of old age). Henry James has his sights on a female sim and I'm working at making her his girlfriend (and eventually his wife).

The family has moved in and out of seven (or is it eight) houses because I love to build and every time I create a new house, I move them into the house. Some houses have been subburban style houses, and others have been mansions. I finally think I've got a nice house for them to stay in (at least, I don't plan to move them out any time soon), it's large enough for a family of 8-10, but it looks like a split level suburban (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q35k5o1nJXI#! --video of house if you're interested in seeing it :) ). The family is rich mostly due to dad (founder) being a world renowned doctor. Mom (founder) is a self employed writer. Felicity is a police officer, and her husband is a teacher. I do not have a job for Henry James yet, but he keeps getting the want to be in politics, so I'll probably put him in that profession.

This is my favorite family because it's a simself legacy (starting with my simself and my bf's simself). Their daughter was named after my rl daughter, so how could I not like them. :D

This is the family tree (make sure to check out the bios! I filled them out!):
    http://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&c=leg1gmgxa5&f=820245714752392568
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,908 Member
    edited January 2013
    Checked out the family tree.

Thoes are some Gorgeous Sims.

Sounds like they are great fun too. No small ambitions for them, surgery and politics etc !! :P

Thanks so much for sharing. (Wishing you much more) Happy Simming
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank you! :mrgreen:

I realized a while back that I always pick the same professions for my simmies (writer, teacher). There are professions that I have never played before (firefighter--architect--etc. and I've had Ambitions since it came out!!!) so I make it a rule that I cannot repeat a profession until I've played them all. :P

I can't remember what they're personalities are because I do the roll of the dice option and whatever they get..they're stuck with. :twisted: Landon, my first baby, was born with the crazy trait. That was amusing. :lol:
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    mylee407mylee407 Posts: 864 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm currently playing in Moonlight Falls with a sim Izzy Eason and Samuel Goth who I turned into a young adult human and then a witch! Well Izzy recently became Izzy Goth and they have a new baby! I built them a nice house from scratch I plan on adopting a son when Bailey in a toddler or they'll have a son I cant decide because I really want a son!

They live in a house that I made from scratch. I plan on making Izzy do a profession and Samuel be a cop At the moment not much else happened

although Izzy was actually married before to Rick Durwood but I didnt want the kids to inherit those horrifyingly huge ears! They got divorced before Samuel move in, but before I could move Rick out he got abducted by aliens and pregnant and had an alien son! They moved out and well I already told you the rest.

Here's some pictures of the family:

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/461/369/014/00/screenshot_original.jpg "height=400 width=600"[/img]

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/466/369/014/00/screenshot_original.jpg "height=400 width=600"[/img]
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have 7 different games going on. I play them all, normally I stick with one family though that day and then try and play another one the next time I play.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I have 7 different games going on. I play them all, normally I stick with one family though that day and then try and play another one the next time I play.

That could be an interesting idea to try!

I would probably stick to three, all different towns --- mmmm ---

Are those triplets in your avi. Love the hair!
  • Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited January 2013
    I just made Andre Norton for the prolific writer badge (80 books written by a single sim) and got her bibliography...236 titles between books, anthologies, and short stories published from 1934-2002. Since the photos i found were of her in later life i took liberty when creating her sim.

I have placed her in the vacant home of a former sim i created and it works well. Currently trying to redecorate it to a more 1930s feeling of decorating and color scheme.

I do like my little projects :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Catrilla wrote:

I have placed her in the vacant home of a former sim i created and it works well. Currently trying to redecorate it to a more 1930s feeling of decorating and color scheme.

I do like my little projects :D

Sounds very unique. I tend to be too perfectionist to base stuff off real life or even much loved characters from books or movies etc.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    mylee407 wrote:

Haven't had an alien baby yet as Seasons is the newest. Cute!
  • Options
    mylee407mylee407 Posts: 864 New Member
    edited January 2013
    NRowe wrote:
    mylee407 wrote:

Haven't had an alien baby yet as Seasons is the newest. Cute!

Yeah I wanted to keep the little boy and just kick out Rick, but I would feel guilty...but maybe Bailey and the alien baby can get together later in life!
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited January 2013
    NRowe wrote:

That could be an interesting idea to try!

I would probably stick to three, all different towns --- mmmm ---

Are those triplets in your avi. Love the hair!

I can't stick with one game alone, I tried to but ended up making new games cos I got bored :lol:

I have two games set in Moonlight Falls, the others are set in Sunset Valley- it's my favourite town. I should try Twinbrook; I've never ever tried that town before :lol: Bridgeport lags to the point of annoyance.

Yeah they are, first triplets I've ever had :D They're half vampire half faerie :) Thank you
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited January 2013
    It's really hard to MAKE a sim to stick to. What I've found is that I usually find them while playing. Normally what happens is that I'll create a family with 2 to 4 kids and then I just end up getting attached to one of the kids. Then I find them the perfect spouse or roommate to live with and it all works out.
    It's also easier for me to become attached to sims when I don't use a ton of money cheats. I had one sim that I was attached to for a while simply because when she first started out, she was COMPLETELY broke. I bought her a house and the only thing she could afford to sleep on was a park bench :/ But I really liked playing her because I felt accomplished when I got enough money to "grant" a wish such as "Buy a Bed."