May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I didn't know lightning did that!

A bolt of lightning during spring just destroyed the tree house on my lot!
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    edited December 2012
    Awesome! I was talking to my husband about this last night because I was playing my game and thinking about how seasons was in TS2 and I remember how the lightning would sometimes set the trees on fire. I was hoping that they had included something like that in TS3 Seasons, but I hadn't seen it yet.

Glad to know they included that little tidbit. :)
  • Options
    Jaxx37Jaxx37 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I was playing this afternoon and while my sims were asleep a bolt of lightning came out of nowhere and destroyed their car! I just saw a flash of yellow light, heard a loud noise and when I investigated there was nothing left of it, just piles of scrap and a large black bit on the driveway. My first thought was grrr since they'd only just bought it but then I thought it was pretty cool and at least it was only the car!

Can lightning kill sims then?
  • Options
    Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Jaxx37 wrote:

I think it only scorches them. Although I guess if they got struck again afterwards...
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited December 2012
    I had a fire start in my kitchen from a lightening strike. No one was cooking, not even near the stove, then a bright flash and crack of thunder.. a minute later the stove caught fire. Thought it was pretty cool. :)
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited December 2012
    Surreal wrote:
    I had a fire start in my kitchen from a lightening strike. No one was cooking, not even near the stove, then a bright flash and crack of thunder.. a minute later the stove caught fire. Thought it was pretty cool. :)

I've had a few lightning strikes now but so far no fires. :?
  • Options
    TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    edited December 2012
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    A bolt of lightning during spring just destroyed the tree house on my lot!

That is freaking awesome! I would LOVE to see that. I see lightning striking my lot often, but it doesn't ever hit anything...
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • Options
    shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member
    edited December 2012

It scorched one of my sims once, and another time it hit in the driveway and left a black spot for a while.

"I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg
  • Options
    tonyray55tonyray55 Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2013
    I had lightning hit the Bar-b-que and it disappeared also set fire to the picnic table and the patio but the rain put it out. I got a insurance check for the table but not the Bar-b-que.
  • Options
    WolfauraWolfaura Posts: 615 Member
    edited January 2013
    The star trailer you get from the actor career was struck by lightning once, when my genie sim was sleeping in it. He caught on fire and got insurance for the trailer.
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited January 2013
    Jaxx37 wrote:
    I was playing this afternoon and while my sims were asleep a bolt of lightning came out of nowhere and destroyed their car! I just saw a flash of yellow light, heard a loud noise and when I investigated there was nothing left of it, just piles of scrap and a large black bit on the driveway. My first thought was grrr since they'd only just bought it but then I thought it was pretty cool and at least it was only the car!

Why does this sound like a meteor strike to me?
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited January 2013
    The one thing that repeatedly gets struck by lightning in my game are the hordes of Paparazzi, which usually encamp at my houses entrance.
    I cannot say that I am unhappy about it :D
  • Options
    RamsbeeRamsbee Posts: 115
    edited January 2013
    I have had a few lightning strikes but no damage yet, its always struck like the top of my house and it would rumble and make a loud noise and scare the cat but nothing caught fire
  • Options
    KatxLuffKatxLuff Posts: 312 Member
    edited January 2013
    I had it strike inside my house, and the first time it happened I literally jumped outta my seat. It scared me! I never had it hurt my Sims though, thank god. :P
  • Options
    Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited January 2013
    I decided to make the move from Moonlight Falls to Monte Vista and in keeping with the Euro styling, I traded in my Corvette ZR1, my Dodge Charger, and my Hummer H1 and replaced them with a Lamborghini Gallardo, a Cooper MINI Countryman, and a Range Rover:

screenshot_original.jpg

Then, during a dark and stormy night, there was a deafening crack of thunder and I checked the yard and was mortified to see that lighnting had struck my Lamborghini and all three cars exploded, showering the yard with piles of scrap:

original.jpg

The ONLY good thing about this quarter million Simolean explosion was there were about thirty piles of scrap with most in the range of 665 units of scrap. All four of my Sims collected enough scrap for the Inventor challenge!

Now, I have a Climatron Climate Control Unit on the property and when the storm starts, I change the weather to sunny before anything else gets taken out by Mother Nature!
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited January 2013
    I got the fireproof house LTR. I wonder if that keeps your house safe if lightning strikes it. Safe from fire that is.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited January 2013
    So it doesn't kill the sims, huh? Man I miss that. It used to fry them right out of existence in TS2. :mrgreen:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    CranberryAppleCranberryApple Posts: 186 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I will have to look out for lightning strikes. I think the thunder is a bit scary. When I am in game with an active thunderstorm I feel like I am in a horror movie! :shock:
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited January 2013
    ErnesaT wrote:
    So it doesn't kill the sims, huh? Man I miss that. It used to fry them right out of existence in TS2. :mrgreen:

Not sure ...
    being frozen solid also doesn´t immediately kill your Sim ... but it is said to kill them if their motives are low enough.
    Maybe it is similar for lightning strikes, i.e. they might have the ability to kill Sims whose motives are low enough.
    (However, AFAIK none of the numerous Paparazzi who got hit by lightnings near my house have been killed so far)
  • Options
    AmyKatNyaAmyKatNya Posts: 116
    edited February 2013
    I jump out of my seat when I hear/see the lightning with [/u]no hint whatsoever that there would be lighting/thunder. So far I've only caught fire from being out in the sun too long :lol: