Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's talk about Island Paradise for a moment.

So, as we all know, Island Paradise expansion pack is coming this summer. I started thinking the other day...SO many mermaid references, and then this expansion pack comes along...

I think some simmers are getting their wish of mermaids!

Comments

• Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited January 2013
    I pe that we get hotels as I have already built hotels but no use for them lol
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2013
    Yea I'm so glad were getting a proper vacation ep now and boats and scuba diving. Hotels will be sweet plus I can place them in WA worlds. I hope we get jet skiing.
  • Options
    honeyhoney8honeyhoney8 Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh, I am a huge beleiver in mermaids coming to TS3.

In my mind, there's not even a doubt since Seasons (& it's patch/mermaid inclusive promos/mermaid themed content). It's just a waiting game, :wink: & now that Island Paradise has been announced, we know exactly how long to wait. 8)
  • Options
    SupahSilvSupahSilv Posts: 72 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Mermaids would make my whole LIFE better. That and PlantSims in University.
  • Options
    74108529637410852963 Posts: 3,708 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Can't wait for it! If I have a mansion by the time it comes out, I will either buy a houseboat to have with my house or move to a houseboat depending on our options. I saved up for UL but I can't wait for IP!!!
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited January 2013
    It seems stupid that any other lifestate would be in the works for Island Paradise, particularly considering how many simmers want it. Nothing else suits the theme, and there's been buzz about them on the forums for years.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2013
    I know what I'm going to be doing in June sending Jeff sim me and his wife Hannah to have the time oft
    their life.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited January 2013
    So, as we all know, Island Paradise expansion pack is coming this summer. I started thinking the other day...SO many mermaid references, and then this expansion pack comes along...

I think some simmers are getting their wish of mermaids!

Island Paradise is Island Time from survey. In Island Time, mermaids are occults of that expansion. So it is high possibility that we will get mermaids in Island Paradise. :D
  • Options
    BethanyelizabethBethanyelizabeth Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2013
    I cant wait for boats and scuba diving, i could also probably find some use of a mermaid but in reality I was put off them by mermaids trying to drown wendy in peter pan lol
  • Options
    dajudynahdajudynah Posts: 353
    edited January 2013
    when is this island out?thanks
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited January 2013
    I think they said June?

And I can't wait! Not really that big of deal which life state they introduce - I mean mermaids would be cool but it's not a deal-killer if it's something else. Hotel Resort!!!! Houseboats!!!! Yay!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    dajudynah wrote:
    when is this island out?thanks

In June. :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I cant wait for boats and scuba diving, i could also probably find some use of a mermaid but in reality I was put off them by mermaids trying to drown wendy in peter pan lol
    This is true, but I took quite a shine to them in Little Mermaid! And besides, those mermaids weren't honestly trying to hurt Wendy. They are just jealous and wanted Peter's attention. Or did you mean in the book and play? In that case, I can see being disturbed by them. But I was raised on Peter Pan -- it was the book that my Daddy read to be as a bedtime story. Even if the mermaids were semi-villains, everything in that story holds a special place in my heart.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited January 2013
    Yea I'm so glad were getting a proper vacation ep now and boats and scuba diving. Hotels will be sweet plus I can place them in WA worlds. I hope we get jet skiing.

As far as I know this wasn't confirmed as a vacation EP. Don't know where you got your info from about this being a vacation EP. If you got it from the survey, well that doesn't mean that we'll be getting everything from the survey.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    edited January 2013

As far as I know this wasn't confirmed as a vacation EP. Don't know where you got your info from about this being a vacation EP. If you got it from the survey, well that doesn't mean that we'll be getting everything from the survey.

Even in survey ''Island time'' is not real vacation expansion. It is mix of OFB-Vacation-new stuff. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm really hoping for mermaids, because I have this one sim who I've been playing since I got the game who I've been treating as a mermaid this whole time. She's got the Virtuoso, Angler, Great Kisser, and Flirty traits, and Hydrophobic so she won't go near water and sprout the tail that she doesn't have, a la Aquamarine. She even lives in a lighthouse! So how cool would it be to remake her in CAS as the true mermaid I always meant her to be?
  • Options
    abigail2244abigail2244 Posts: 486 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Honestly, I couldn't care less if they put mermaids into the game. How would you play them if you couldn't go onto land? I don't think its a good idea.
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited January 2013

We get hotels. That's enough to call it a Vacation EP. :wink:
    I hope we can build resorts/hotels on boats! :D
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Honestly, I couldn't care less if they put mermaids into the game. How would you play them if you couldn't go onto land? I don't think its a good idea.

They always can have two forms. Legs on land, tail in water. Like in some myths. :wink:
  • Options
    MegancharltonMegancharlton Posts: 3,731 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I would say I was excited, bit I was upset when people said they would have preferred mermaids to aliens in SS and aliens are awesome! I think it would be cool story wise, but it can get quite annoying if mermaids work like the ones in H20: Just Add Water. Mermaids would be absolutely amazing if they were like the ones in Harry Potter or old sailing legends where they sunk boats... imagine the possibilities!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I like ''H20: Just Add Water'' mermaids.
    They are the most suitable for TS3 type of gameplay. :)
  • Options
    brezchettebrezchette Posts: 132 Member
    edited January 2013
    I LOVE how their adding two expansion packs into one plus more. This might turn out to be my most favorite expansion pack and I've never picked just one as my favorite...

If they do add hotels I'm going to faint, I've been wanting hotels for the longest. I was very disappointed when they didn't add it to world adventure...

It's so frustrating having random sims just walk into your sims room especially if their a celebrity and the paparazzi keep following them everywhere flashing pictures while their trying to sleep or if they woohoo it's consider a public woohoo since they can't lock the doors...

So I'm defiantly looking forward to hotels along with the mermaids if they add it which is a 90% chance. :wink: