Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sorority/Fraternity?

I read on the Sims Wiki that there will be Sorority and Fraternity houses, has this been confirmed by EA?

What are you guys most looking forward to about them?!?!? I for one, definitely have PEPS!!!! :D

Comments

• Options
    ThomasRThomasR Posts: 34
    edited January 2013
    EA confirmed it in the Live stream:D
    And I'll definitely have to create some rivalries in the sorority houses. Seeing how the girls go against each other will be too funny, I'm easily amused:)
  • Options
    kitkat9913kitkat9913 Posts: 151 New Member
    edited January 2013
    ThomasR wrote:
    EA confirmed it in the Live stream:D
    And I'll definitely have to create some rivalries in the sorority houses. Seeing how the girls go against each other will be too funny, I'm easily amused:)

Omg, that is something I will defs have to do!!! Fighting over the guys in the fraternities will be HILARIOUS!!! And experimenting within the sororities :D Im sooooo excited for this ep!
  • Options
    RamsbeeRamsbee Posts: 115
    edited January 2013
    Yeah itll be interesting to see how that all plays out :]! Id love to join a frat house or be a sorority sister :D
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited January 2013
    I never had much success joining them in the sims 2 so I'm hoping I can get to play with them more in this EP. Should be fun :)
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Ramsbee wrote:
    Yeah itll be interesting to see how that all plays out :]! Id love to join a frat house or be a sorority sister :D

Definitely, I hope there are some new interactions or activities!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I never had much success joining them in the sims 2 so I'm hoping I can get to play with them more in this EP. Should be fun :)

I never played the sims 2 uni, why couldn't you join them?
  • Options
    SimsAreSweetSimsAreSweet Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited January 2013
    kitkat9913 wrote:

It's been a long time since I've played the Sims 2, but from what I remember the sorority or fraternity kids (three of them I think) would come to your dorm room and you'd have to entertain them and get to know them before they let you join (I think) And I don't even remember how to join the Secret Society!
  • Options
    NikkiMarie620NikkiMarie620 Posts: 31
    edited January 2013
    I hope they do something similar to the real Greek Life experience! A recruitment process, induction, weekly meetings....
    It would be cool to play a different sorority house and play it kind of like I experience in sorority life!

But, if what I said above isn't in the game, I hope that they do more with the sororities and fraternities than they did in TS2!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    kitkat9913 wrote:

It's been a long time since I've played the Sims 2, but from what I remember the sorority or fraternity kids (three of them I think) would come to your dorm room and you'd have to entertain them and get to know them before they let you join (I think) And I don't even remember how to join the Secret Society!

Ugh, that sounds awful. Just like private school but probs waaaay harder lol! I def hope they improve on that!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I hope they do something similar to the real Greek Life experience! A recruitment process, induction, weekly meetings....
    It would be cool to play a different sorority house and play it kind of like I experience in sorority life!

But, if what I said above isn't in the game, I hope that they do more with the sororities and fraternities than they did in TS2!

That would definitely be cool!!! that would actually be so much fun to play! I hope they do that, if not I will defs be a bit dissapointed :P
  • Options
    kitandraekitandrae Posts: 1,081 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I cant wait to make a queen bee sim who runs everything in the sorority and dates jocks :twisted:
  • Options
    LagazLagaz Posts: 96
    edited January 2013
    Yes, I can't wait to see more about greek life too :) I'm hoping that we can start our own chapters!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    kitandrae wrote:
    I cant wait to make a queen bee sim who runs everything in the sorority and dates jocks :twisted:

YES! The one who is friends with the pretty sims and a total ***** to the ugly ones and will do anything to date the hot guy... SO EXCITED! :D
  • Options
    NxyDolliNxyDolli Posts: 269
    edited January 2013
    Joining a sorority/fraternity in TS2 was actually quite easy - all you had to do was befriend three of the members. However, if you made friends with the members before pledging (which was easy because of the campus directory on your phone) then as soon as they'd turn up and the timer started, you were already in.
    The secret society involved befriending a certain number (3?) of sims that would occasionally wear a dark suit with the school logo on the chest (not particularly subtle).

I just hope that in TS3 if we join a sorority or fraternity we don't have to control the sims that were already there. That was the one thing I hated the most about the greek system in TS2 - I already had 4 sims that went to uni together and joined the house together, I didn't want to control the three that were already there as well!
  • Options
    NxyDolliNxyDolli Posts: 269
    edited January 2013
    Lagaz wrote:
    Yes, I can't wait to see more about greek life too :) I'm hoping that we can start our own chapters!

You could in TS2, so hopefully they'll bring this back (people that joined your chapter would occasionally wander off and come back with random items).
  • Options
    SimsAreSweetSimsAreSweet Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited January 2013
    kitkat9913 wrote:
    kitkat9913 wrote:

Ugh, that sounds awful. Just like private school but probs waaaay harder lol! I def hope they improve on that!

Me too; I honestly hope that even if my sims join a sorority or fraternity that I only have to control my sim instead of all of them :/
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    NxyDolli wrote:
    Joining a sorority/fraternity in TS2 was actually quite easy - all you had to do was befriend three of the members. However, if you made friends with the members before pledging (which was easy because of the campus directory on your phone) then as soon as they'd turn up and the timer started, you were already in.
    The secret society involved befriending a certain number (3?) of sims that would occasionally wear a dark suit with the school logo on the chest (not particularly subtle).

I just hope that in TS3 if we join a sorority or fraternity we don't have to control the sims that were already there. That was the one thing I hated the most about the greek system in TS2 - I already had 4 sims that went to uni together and joined the house together, I didn't want to control the three that were already there as well!

oh, that doesnt sound too hard, but i am really bad at making friends in sims :P
    and omg, if we had to control all the sims in the sorority/fraternity that would be a HUGE letdown. I would actually never EVER be in a sorority then. :P I hate having too many sims!!!
  • Options
    CherryWillCherryWill Posts: 130 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I know they won't but EA could enhance frats and sorors so much if they would include aspects of historically black frats and sororities. like step shows and different hand signs for different frats. oh! and calls too! whenever you see a sister/brother from your sorority/fraternity you could do your frat's call.
    here's an example from the Alpha Kappa Alhpas if case no one knows what I'm talking about:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OcxnuXCGHY

it would be cool....but on the other hand maybe it's best they don't cuz i have a feeling they would mess it up royally :P