Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Obama Family

ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
I had some free time today, so I decided to create the Obama family. It took about an hour and a half to create, and upload them.
Constructive criticism is welcomed. :)

Barack Obama

Michelle Obama

Malia Obama

Sasha Obama

Comments

• Options
    NaDaRoNaDaRo Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I know we are all amatuers here but, this family you created has only minor similarities to the real life family you based your creation on. I was expecting Michelle to at least have darker skin. I hope to see either some editing to this family, or maybe a second attempt at creating something more physically similar to the RL People you are trying to create. Thank you. I applaud your inspiration and look forward to your fine tuning!
  • Options
    JeffZ28JeffZ28 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, your on the right track. I agree with the above comment, darker skin.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Despite what Michelle looks like on the exchange, she looks darker when you download her.
  • Options
    OneBadJulsieOneBadJulsie Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Far better than I could do! :)
  • Options
    SameerabbasiSameerabbasi Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Great job!
    But.. when I saw Barack I thought it was a monkey. lol.
  • Options
    albinotanukialbinotanuki Posts: 107 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Why does Barack have sideburns? :?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    That was something that could not be removed. Plus, that was the only hair style that looked like Barack, even if it does has side burns. :P
  • Options
    TheZivaTheZiva Posts: 568 New Member
    edited June 2009
    large.jpg

What does Op think of this version?

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=21027

I took a little poetic liberty with them, in that I wanted Barack to be young and idealistic right out of Harvard moving to a new town taking a job as a community manager.

I have Michelle having her own dreams, and their two kids about the age they are now. Not knowing much about the two kids, I decided to give them a few traits of their parents and a few traits that seemed appropriate.

I also created "Bush Retired", the house is not mine;

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=84005

Basically, they would make great neighbors. The absent minded Bush and his wife, his two flirty teenage daughters and then creepy/angry Cheney as their permanent house guest. I didn't want to play them, I just wanted to interact with them when playing Obama.

Its funny, because at some point I am calling over the next ranked chess opponent and its Laura Bush? seems unlikely, haha.

Keep on plugging away at celeb type sims. I keep seeing really bad ones like a Simpsons but no blue hair marge, or all adult scooby doo kids. They are supposed to be "meddling kids" despite the fact that the cartoon is like 40 years old, so teenagers or young adult at best. I guess its all poetic interpretation.

• Options
    Ssn1456Ssn1456 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Shadow, I think you did a great job! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    TheZiva wrote:
    large.jpg

What does Op think of this version?

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=21027

I think yours looks better than mines! :shock: