Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any age can go to college?

I was watching the trailer and saw an Elder in graduation robes. Would this mean that the sims could go to college at any age? Or would that just be a teacher or Dean?

Comments

• Options
    r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited January 2013
    Young adult and older Sims can go to college :)
  • Options
    SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Ahah! Thanks! This makes me extremely happy and impatient. XD
  • Options
    Jess1281Jess1281 Posts: 466 New Member
    edited January 2013
    The press release or sumation of the chat...Somewhere it was stated YA - Elder could go to College, which makes for a lot of interesting story possibilities.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2013
    Also makes it a lot closer to Real Life -- if your Sim is from a poor family, he (or she) could move out and get started on a career, saving money to go to college later. Maybe they'll even add a Scholarship Lifetime Reward, like the Inheritance one, that gives the Sim a lot of money to go to college (or you could just use the Inheritance one, but that's 30,000 points so it's hard to get without cheats/mods -- maybe the Scholarship would be less money but would cost less points).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited January 2013
    Glad this is the case, as it more closely mirrors real life. In fact, when I was in school one of my RA's (resident assistants) was an adult returning to school. One thing that bothered me in Sims 2 Uni was that only YAs could go to college and that it was a separate age group.

Although with the help of a mod (Insimenator, anyone? :lol:) I did send a teen 'prodigy' there once.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2013
    Glad this is the case, as it more closely mirrors real life. In fact, when I was in school one of my RA's (resident assistants) was an adult returning to school. One thing that bothered me in Sims 2 Uni was that only YAs could go to college and that it was a separate age group.

Although with the help of a mod (Insimenator, anyone? :lol:) I did send a teen 'prodigy' there once.

I wonder if Twallan will be able to program his mods to allow teens to go to University -- you can use some of his mods to have teens live on their own.

I've taken college courses a lot, at the community college level but that's been local -- sometimes I wish I could go back to college and live on campus, especially when my husband is extra-frustrating. :mrgreen:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)