Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Wonderful things that are in the sims 3 that were not featured in the sims 2 (PC)

Basically what the title says .
There are a lot negative threads about how much they miss things from the sims 2. that i was wondering what is good about the sims 3 that makes you want to keep playing. (that was not in the sims 2)

This the a few things that i can thing of
.Open world playing
.CAS is so much better (tattoes)
.visiting neighbors house
.options in the rabbitholes like being able to watch a movie see a football match ect and the different classes you can take
. The community lots
. being able to go on dates and group outings.(patch)
. The social interactions and how this is set out.
. the new party types and being able to get invited to one(LN)
. the professions and self employed options (Ambitions)
. Some of the new skills. e.g. fishing
. Sims age up together and story progression , changing life span etc
. stands and new sports and activates like football and ice skating ect (seasons)
.hiring a Butler (LN)
. After school activities and field trips
.swimming in the ocean (patch)
. graphics are so much better
p.s , I only had the sims 2 base game so can only judge on this allthough i will try not to add things that i think where in the sims 2 eps)

Comments

• Options
    powerhousepowerhouse Posts: 931 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Okay a short version of what i just posted
    What good about the sims 3 that was not in the sims 2 ?
  • Options
    BambooEaterrrBambooEaterrr Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited January 2013
    I completely agree with you :D There are so many fabulous things that wasn't in TS2 ! I also love the ability to decide what your sim should do when they're at work or in school, even though we can't see inside the rabbit holes :D
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited January 2013
    fishing was in sims 2 so was having a butler
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    fishing was in sims 2 so was having a butler

was this in a EP as i don't remember this in base game ???
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I completely agree with you :D There are so many fabulous things that wasn't in TS2 ! I also love the ability to decide what your sim should do when they're at work or in school, even though we can't see inside the rabbit holes :D

yes this is an easy way of making friends and meeting new people and i like the idea of being able to developed your skills and the job opportunism that come up
  • Options
    Plasticx3Plasticx3 Posts: 27
    edited January 2013
    Definitely agree with everything posted previously :P Especially the job thing.
    I also love the horses that were added with Pets :3 And the unicorn xDD
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Plasticx3 wrote:
    Definitely agree with everything posted previously :P Especially the job thing.
    I also love the horses that were added with Pets :3 And the unicorn xDD

yes the fouls are so cutie , when you bottle feed them as well . horseriding skills are pretty neat too
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    :-o
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited January 2013
    Butlers came with TS1: Superstar.

Besides that, I love the customizing (patterns, etc.). My couch finally matches the living chair, which has wood that matches the counters which matches the floor! Things actually seem to go together -- even if it mixes price value for the items -- from the create-a-style option.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited January 2013
    hihi122122 wrote:

Besides that, I love the customizing (patterns, etc.). My couch finally matches the living chair, which has wood that matches the counters which matches the floor! Things actually seem to go together -- even if it mixes price value for the items -- from the create-a-style option.

^^^This. Customization and open neighborhoods are what, in my opinion, drew in a lot of die hard Sims 2 people. Being able to get things just so in the house, with the clothes, with... everything - is amazing. I remember having TONS of downloads (and regular computer issues due to a complete lack of common sense - download addiction, it's a disease... don't judge me 8)).
  • Options
    Antarcticqueen1Antarcticqueen1 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I just started with the Sims 3 not long ago (played all the other games though) and what really makes me love this game is how you can customize everything. I have not really felt the need to download much (except hair) because I can generally get the effect I am looking for with color changes. I too used to be completely addicted to downloads. My collections got to be absurdly large.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I just started with the Sims 3 not long ago (played all the other games though) and what really makes me love this game is how you can customize everything. I have not really felt the need to download much (except hair) because I can generally get the effect I am looking for with color changes. I too used to be completely addicted to downloads. My collections got to be absurdly large.

Totally , i customize all my Sims furniture and clothes , there is so much to choose from with out have to download anything.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    hihi122122 wrote:

did you have the sims on console there was a monkey butler that lived in like a three house who you could let out and would clean the house and socialite with the sims
    . it was a bit weird .
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    :shock:
  • Options
    unicornponyzunicornponyz Posts: 224 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Create a Style.
  • Options
    VulpinasVulpinas Posts: 22
    edited January 2013
    I think TS3 is in many ways better than TS2.
    Only think about editing your stuff, or the CAS! Love the CAS! I remember downloading hairstyles for TS2 in all different colors, because you couldn't chose that IG (as far as I remember).

Also, the open world is wonderful. It maybe makes the game a bit heavier to run, but totally worth it. Sims just age and your town is alive. And I remember my teens growing up and all their best friends staying teens forever. Or continue playing with one of the grown up teens, and see how they became older than their parents. Sucked.

Lots of new interactions too, which I love. And parties, don't forget the parties.

I also think that TS3 Seasons is much better than TS2. I remember some cool actions that aren't in TS3 Seasons as far as I noticed (sun burnt? having a real cold, now it only shows up that they are having a cold, but you can't see side effects? ...?) But the festivals are simply awesome. And it's cool to see your world completely covered in snow.

StoryProgression is nice too, but I prefer twallan's mod, which makes my town even more alive.

And I can go on like that. But I think you can't deny that the gameplay/experiencing the game has become better and the CAS is really awesome too. Could spent hours and hours in CAS.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Vulpinas wrote:
    I think TS3 is in many ways better than TS2.
    Only think about editing your stuff, or the CAS! Love the CAS! I remember downloading hairstyles for TS2 in all different colors, because you couldn't chose that IG (as far as I remember).

Also, the open world is wonderful. It maybe makes the game a bit heavier to run, but totally worth it. Sims just age and your town is alive. And I remember my teens growing up and all their best friends staying teens forever. Or continue playing with one of the grown up teens, and see how they became older than their parents. Sucked.

Lots of new interactions too, which I love. And parties, don't forget the parties.

I also think that TS3 Seasons is much better than TS2. I remember some cool actions that aren't in TS3 Seasons as far as I noticed (sun burnt? having a real cold, now it only shows up that they are having a cold, but you can't see side effects? ...?) But the festivals are simply awesome. And it's cool to see your world completely covered in snow.

StoryProgression is nice too, but I prefer twallan's mod, which makes my town even more alive.

And I can go on like that. But I think you can't deny that the gameplay/experiencing the game has become better and the CAS is really awesome too. Could spent hours and hours in CAS.

yes so true and so many people moan because they miss some small interaction from TS2 I saw a post the other day about someone complaining because they could not lounge on the sofa , TBH i rather have new stuff
  • Options
    FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Best of all there is no annoying Ice Cream track that shows up at night.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Formelx wrote:
    Best of all there is no annoying Ice Cream track that shows up at night.

yes i often go out at 3am for an ice cream , i like the truck from Bridgeport but could never seem to find it often, :x