Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any BUG fix or MOD out there for Eating contest death (starvation)?

I've been googling around but can't find a fix for the death by hotdog in the eating contest.

It's annoying, I want my neighbourhood sims to be safe, my only household sim just died, but I was able to reset her in time.
Mysticalmaid
<3 Tweet me @samwitts2 <3

Comments

• Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited December 2012
    Normally i do not have a problem as long as my sims are not hungry before they start eating , as if they are sick afterwards that makes their hunger bar drop quite a bit .

I know this does not help with townies dying at the contests but then i have never bothered about them in my games .
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited December 2012
    You can use the "resetsim" cheat on any sim in your world, not just your active household. Since I got Twallan's Story Progression, I haven't had any sim die outside my active household.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited December 2012
    Is that really a bug or normal game feature?
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited December 2012
    I usually have testing cheats enabled and keep close watch on my sims hunger bar. If it starts getting too low I use the slider to raise it up.

There's usually not a problem if the hunger bar is pretty high to start with.
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm fortunate that I do not have this problem. I've seen plenty of sims including the ones I'm playing have their hunger drop to full red and throw up during and after the contest and they're still alive. I would say the hunger would be a feature though, who could eat all that if they weren't hungry? I never had to use a mod to correct that or a cheat, so not sure.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2012
    No mod is needed. When you see the red hunger above there head just raise the motive back up with testingcheats.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2012
    GREENEYA wrote:
    Is that really a bug or normal game feature?
    its a bug.
  • Options
    UtopiaUtopia Posts: 164 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thank you all for your replies. Yes it is a bug Greeneya.
    Mysticalmaid
    <3 Tweet me @samwitts2 <3
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited December 2012
    I had one occurance where my sims hunger was all the way up, they threw up and died. this made there hunger go all the way down.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited December 2012
    This is not a bug. The death is supposed to resemble death by choking. But, I don't think there is a mod out there just yet. The only fix I can think of is saving before doing the contests.