Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,011 Member
    edited November 2021
    Hi Simmers!

Welcome to the Laundry List where we’ll share a list of the top community concerns that we’re currently investigating and hope to have resolved in the upcoming patch. This is just a top list, there are more topics that we saw reported by players that are not listed and being worked on.

These concerns were reported by players who help us continue our work of improving the user experience on a regular basis.

Please note that some topics can be tricky and require an extended investigation on our end, so even though we are actively reviewing it’s not a guarantee that we’ll have an immediate fix for it in the upcoming patch.

Here’s the list of the top community concerns we’re investigating for the game update this month:

Getting likes/dislikes pop ups from sims not in household
    Sims Can't Repair Tub/Shower Combos While Get Famous Installed
    Sims Can't Upgrade Eco Upgrades on Tubs or Tub/Shower Combos
    Nails partially paint clothing
    Required Seaweed ingredient missing from game
    Get To Know does not reveal traits
    Game creating tons empty households/Save game bloat/Insane Lag
    Can Not Harvest/Plant new Meat Wall
    Repetitive Behavior: Ah-ha! Moments
    Group Cooked Cakes: No Option to Add Wedding Topper or Birthday Candles
    High value entries loose at the fair over lower ones
    Maid doesn't clean dust

Thanks for all your patience and valuable help! Please continue telling us about any issues you’re experiencing on Answers HQ, we’ll continue to work on improving our transparency, and together we can make this game the best that it can be. Happy Simming
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Glad to see the likes and dislikes one getting looked at. I often ask myself why some random sim i don't know is asking me if they should like photography.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 442 Member
    Glad to see they're addressing the gamebreaking CoL Empty Household Save Bloat.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I liked being asked about the likes/dislikes of Sims outside of my household. :disappointed: They only popped up for my played Sims, not random townies or anything. It was nice being able to keep up with my Sims while playing a different household.
    I can see how it would be a but much for those with lots of Sims though.

I hope some of the console issues get looked at next. :smile:
  • Options
    RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    At last!
    I'm really glad to know that the devs are addressing those bathtub-related issues.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    I liked being asked about the likes/dislikes of Sims outside of my household. :disappointed: They only popped up for my played Sims, not random townies or anything. It was nice being able to keep up with my Sims while playing a different household.

This is how I feel about it too. I hope they don't just nuke it. Crossing my fingers for a toggle.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,734 Member
    Those are some good fixes, but personally I would have prioritized the bug that gives me an army of mutated foxes from Cottage Living in my household manager...
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,695 Member

This is how I feel about it too. I hope they don't just nuke it. Crossing my fingers for a toggle.

Those popups are game breaking to me. Even those for sims in my active household. It's practically impossible to record videos with all those popups - besides I feel they are a bit dumb - in the way that why should my sim dislike anything just because he is in a bad mood because of something else? If your mood is bad thanks o a full bladder, would you dislike photographing? Or cooking? It's cool that these things are good with some simmers. Maybe they could allow us to toggle it on/off, like we can with whims (that is way less invading, btw)?

Hoping for a good solution :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    sophiesmithsimmersophiesmithsimmer Posts: 24 Member

I sometimes don't mind it but on my saves where I have gone in and edited the townies, and then removed them from my played households, I still get all the notifications. Like ok Clara Bjergsen I am so glad you are enjoying fitness. I guess I did give you a swanky new workout outfit for this purpose.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member

I sometimes don't mind it but on my saves where I have gone in and edited the townies, and then removed them from my played households, I still get all the notifications. Like ok Clara Bjergsen I am so glad you are enjoying fitness. I guess I did give you a swanky new workout outfit for this purpose.

Oh, that's no good. In that case I'm glad that it's getting fixed. I didn't realise it was so bothersome for people.
    Congratulations on becoming a full member, by the way. :smile:

@Simmerville I didn't realise that it was so game-breaking for some players, just because I like the pop-ups doesn't mean that it shouldn't be fixed. I'd rather go without than have it interfere with peoples' game.

Ideally it would be nice to have a toggle, like whims and lifestyles.
  • Options
    sophiesmithsimmersophiesmithsimmer Posts: 24 Member

Oh, that's no good. In that case I'm glad that it's getting fixed. I didn't realise it was so bothersome for people.
    Congratulations on becoming a full member, by the way. :smile:

Thanks!! :blush:

It would be great if they would still show up for the played households! I wouldn't mind that at all, it just seemed glitchy that even households I had moved into "other households" were still letting me know what they like haha.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 951 Member
    cytnl wrote: »
    A bit sad the Snowy Escape climbing expedition still isn't on here, though. I have never actually gotten to do it because by the time I had a sim I wanted to try it with, it was broken. :/

Oh I didn't know it was broken, but I googled it and it seems pretty bad :grimace: I played a couple of relatively successful mountain excursions in August, but now I think I won't try it again, just to be safe :/
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2021
    Oh nice, it's good to see they are fixing some bugs for a change.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Usually these lists don't have a lot of bugs I'm experiencing, but this one has several. (Though I appreciate -all- bug fixes, because they help everyone.) A bit sad the Snowy Escape climbing expedition still isn't on here, though. I have never actually gotten to do it because by the time I had a sim I wanted to try it with, it was broken. :/

Yep this is the main bug I need fixed. I don't think I've ever experienced any other bug or at least any that has bothered me much. But this bug makes snowy escape not fully playable and it's a roadblock in my progression in my save file. I tweeted to sim guru nick asking if they are working on that fix but haven't gotten a reply yet so I think they still don't know how to fix it...
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,412 Member
    I'm worried the laundry list only says bath/shower combos, because I can't repair plain baths.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I'm worried the laundry list only says bath/shower combos, because I can't repair plain baths.

I am hopeful that is just a general way to describe all bathtubs in-game. Both types are not allowing for repairs or upgrades.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,458 Member
    @haisin
    I don't know if it's broken for everyone; if you did it in August, it might still be fine for you. If you try to schedule one and the generic lot shows up as the starting point with the llama image instead of the onsen, then it won't work. You'll just go into an endless loading screen at the start time.

@kaiwrysims
    I agree. It's something I really want to be able to do. From what I can tell, the problem is linked to the onsen lot for whatever reason. As when I try to travel to the Festival of Snow using the pop-up from the notification screen, I get the same endless loading screen that I described above. You can travel to the onsen manually via phone travel, it's just these two specific things that seem to be broken.

Have you tried travelling to the onsen manually, so without starting the event beforehand. Then while at the onsen start the climbing expedition through the phone so it starts immediately. I just tried and managed to start an expedition that way. The onsen didn't have to be loaded because I was already on the lot and the expedition started right away.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Nice list but investigating concerns doesn't mean the bugs are fixed with the next update. Some of these "concerns" are in the game for months.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,358 Member
    musteni wrote: »

It's the same for me. Yesterday I had a strange of case of trying to upgrade a normal tub (I was aware of the repair bug, but didn't know it extended to upgrades, too). When that didn't work, I bought a corner bathtub instead and told my sim to upgrade that one. What happened was, she routed to the normal tub and upgraded it. Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce this. All subsequent attempts to upgrade either of the tubs failed.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,740 Member
    Usually these lists don't have a lot of bugs I'm experiencing, but this one has several. (Though I appreciate -all- bug fixes, because they help everyone.) A bit sad the Snowy Escape climbing expedition still isn't on here, though. I have never actually gotten to do it because by the time I had a sim I wanted to try it with, it was broken. :/

On the other hand, the tub and shower/tub bugs were driving me crazy, so I'm super happy that those are being worked on. As well as 'Get To Know' doing nothing sometimes, since it has a cooldown.

Finally, when my golden egg lost to a green and chocolate egg yesterday when I was playing, I had assumed someone bribed the mayor. Didn't realize it was a bug, but I'm glad it is, because it was frustrating me with the randomness when I consistently entered the highest value/quality items and kept getting participation awards.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to matter what high quality entry my Sim has, the Festival often fails to come to a resolution. No winners. I stopped sending my Sims to them.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    Please fix the sims turning their heads to the side when they are supposed to looking at what they are doing!! This just looks creepy to me, but had to laugh when my sim turned her head to the side just as she spit toothpaste down the side of the sink. :D

This happens in everything my sims do, and it looks just...wrong.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,961 Member
    edited November 2021
    @bshag4lv They are asking for saves on your bug, please send yours in if you can :)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-look-to-side-instead-of-straight-ahead-for-some/td-p/10540187

And I have 6 of the laundry list bugs, some of which I didn't even realize were known bugs, so happy to see them being worked on!

• Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited November 2021
    I've been getting the repair and upgrade bugs for the bath/shower combos, so it's great that they're finally looking into a fix.

I was also getting the nails painting clothing bug too. I really hope they also address the clipping issues when applying nails to transgender sims, I'd really like to give them some cool nail designs but the visual bug looks awful right now.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.