Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of Hesperia (An Amazon Challenge Inspired Story) ON HIATUS

lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
So, first I'm going to say that this has been done before by me, but that as some of you may or may not know, the device I had DoH saved on was kind of...broken. I didn't have a PC at the time, but I now do (hurray!) and I was in two minds about resurrecting this. I really loved DoH the first time around, but there were some things I didn't quite gel with.

I figured this meant I had to leave it alone for good, and started experimenting with other things such as normal SimLit and my very own Bachelorette, which you'll also find on my Wordpress. But I just had to redo DoH. Not all the characters will be coming back, and there are some new characters who I'm very fond of!

Without further ado, here is the new Daughters of Hesperia!

Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2: The Future of Our Tribe
Chapter 3: The Ceremony
Chapter 4: Chrysanthos
Chapter 5: Putting Down Roots
Post edited by lilypadmeulin on

Comments

• Options
    Starting Cast

09-29-20_4-58-51_PM.png?width=801&height=641
    Molpe is the Creator of Tribe Hesperia, and holds all the responsibility of a queen. This includes looking after her sister, the Princess Anikka.

09-29-20_4-59-02_PM.png?width=801&height=641
    Anikka used to be princess of Tribe Sirena, and now is princess of Tribe Hesperia. She's still getting used to it, and is unhappy at the way things have turned out.

09-29-20_4-59-09_PM.png?width=801&height=641
    09-29-20_4-59-15_PM.png?width=801&height=641
    Septimus and Pallas came with Molpe from Tribe Sirena. They are good-hearted men, but Septimus is more experienced than Pallas in the ways of the Amazons.

• Options
    Dragon_KweenDragon_Kween Posts: 43 Member
    oooo, really like the added story, gonna follow this one along =w=
    Cool story, needs more dragons - Cries in baguette

• Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    I am sorry to hear about the issue with the computer and the origial DOH story but I have enjoyed the resurrection! I like the different views from each of Hesperia's people and how they feel about the changes of their lives. I look forward to their coming story.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    @SpectresValkyrie

I'm looking forward to where it will go! It's going to be progressing fast for a little while, but might slow down after that, haha.
  • Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    I feel bad for Molpe. She really cares for her son and yet can't get attached because of the amazonian rules. The new quarters are lovely and I love the interactions between Crysanthos and the rest of the tribe. It is really sweet.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    @SpectresValkyrie

I can't wait to show off the new palace once it's all decorated - the gardens are lovely, but I want it to have a realistic time frame. But yes, Molpe is going to have to stay distant thanks to the rulings, and try for an heiress.
  • Options
    On hiatus due to PC troubles.
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Waaait, you re-started Hesperia and I didn't notice it? How?! :bawling:
    *off to read instead of being productive*

Chapter one has a very familiar ring to it, I take it that this is what you based on the first version? Minus Anikka, I think. I can't remember her or maybe it's been too long.
    You address a very serious matter in chapter two, with Molpe giving Septimus the "chance" to see his child. Penny has I've thought of it as well. It seems cruel not to allow the father to see their child but then again, if you do allow it, would he die more willingly or would he try to stay? That would tear even the strongest person apart :cold_sweat:
    Polgara is quite clever. Since Anikka has such a hard time being but second in command, she will appreciate the trust. I just hope their games of chess don't come true with her turning into an enemy pawn. Molpe does good teaching Anikka but her lessons could well be her disadvantage :confused:
    Oh, yes, Polgara is very clever. Of course they need something to trade with or else they will be wholly dependent on the land, which is never a good choice.
    Aw, Chrysanthos is such a cute one! This little fair-haired head :bawling:
    I have to say that: "the Goddess' tribes" is so fitting for the Amazons and their way to think! A wonderful phrase to describe that you're somewhat purer, better than the rest. And even Pallas using it so nonchalantly, it shows what the womens' minds have been fed from earliest childhood (and also, the slaves' ones). Even the Amazons who are "modern" and open for other cultures will seem rude and pretentious to everyone else without ever meaning it this way.

Aaah, what a refreshing read. I hope your computer will work again soon for you to continue Hesperia :smile:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney

First, to address the PC troubles - I had to replace my PC after my old one stopped working. Hesperia was unfortunately on there, and so was Mermaid Bachelorette, and I've put both on hiatus while I try and figure out if they can even be rescued.

As for seeing the baby, it was something I wanted to touch on - I feel like not being allowed to see their child would make someone fight more. However, the hard drive is starting to look like 'third time's the charm', because I have no idea how to transfer it. I still have Molpe and the two servants in my library, but if I restarted this with the same characters (Anikka, Polgara, etc) do you think you would be interested? Or would you prefer to wait? My old computer was a scrap build, but this one is brand new and was specifically picked out because it had the recommended specs to run the Sims.

Anikka is a character I'm very interested in, because I like the idea of her supporting Molpe. I feel she'll be the person to record what she can about the tribe. And yes, they have a strong sense of duty towards the Goddess. I know most people opt for the creator, but I'm into the Greek Mythos, so what can I say? It's a halfway house between the two.

• Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @MrsRacooney

First, to address the PC troubles - I had to replace my PC after my old one stopped working. Hesperia was unfortunately on there, and so was Mermaid Bachelorette, and I've put both on hiatus while I try and figure out if they can even be rescued.

As for seeing the baby, it was something I wanted to touch on - I feel like not being allowed to see their child would make someone fight more. However, the hard drive is starting to look like 'third time's the charm', because I have no idea how to transfer it. I still have Molpe and the two servants in my library, but if I restarted this with the same characters (Anikka, Polgara, etc) do you think you would be interested? Or would you prefer to wait? My old computer was a scrap build, but this one is brand new and was specifically picked out because it had the recommended specs to run the Sims.

Anikka is a character I'm very interested in, because I like the idea of her supporting Molpe. I feel she'll be the person to record what she can about the tribe. And yes, they have a strong sense of duty towards the Goddess. I know most people opt for the creator, but I'm into the Greek Mythos, so what can I say? It's a halfway house between the two.

Aw, man, yeah. Suddenly broken computers are terrible, I have my own stories with those :lol: Luckily without data loss. I would recommend to save at least the saves and tray folders on an external harddrive ever so often.
    Of course I would still be interested if you started it anew! I haven't quite understood what the alternative (the waiting) would be for, though? Another cast of tribe members?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney

I hadn't actually considered saving on an external hard drive! I can't believe it never occurred to me, but it's an excellent idea and I'll definitely be doing that to save further problems.

Molpe got a bit of a makeover for the new game, ever so slightly, and so did Anikka. Waiting would mean not restarting the entire story, but that's by the by. I'll start a new thread for this soon!