Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More than 3 years left Sims 4!

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
SimGuruGrant just replied to a tweet asking him if there’s another 3 years worth of content as it’s been a year since the “3 years of content” tweet was made:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/status/112467845612890763487

I still think he’s working on more than just a podcast but now we knows there’s more than 3 years left of 4!

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    That doesn't sound so bad to me since I only really started playing it properly after seasons was released.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @Sharonia wrote: »
    That doesn't sound so bad to me since I only really started playing it properly after seasons was released.

I dont know why, but my addiction to The Sims 4 increased by 2x since Seasons. I just love how much it makes the game beautiful to look at and it feels like Sims have a full year because of the Calander,
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Looks like that tweet got deleted quickly.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Looks like that tweet got deleted quickly.

Ooooh yeah he did, it’s saying the tweet was deleted haha.

Maybe he can’t comment on Sims 4 like he used to anymore. All he said was something like “more than 3 years for Sims 4”

At least we caught it before he did :)
  • Options
    Did anybody screenshot it?
  • Options
    edited May 2019

I didn’t :( I wasn’t expecting him to delete it.
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Wait what?!? :o
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Unfortunately he deleted the tweet, so we don’t know whether he couldn’t say how long anymore or if he was incorrect (which he can be).

He was the senior producer so I’m sure he knows his stuff, but I’m not sure if SimGuruDuke may have different plans? Idk
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Unfortunately he deleted the tweet, so we don’t know whether he couldn’t say how long anymore or if he was incorrect (which he can be).

He was the senior producer so I’m sure he knows his stuff, but I’m not sure if SimGuruDuke may have different plans? Idk

Sorry it's not that I am just confused.. What does 3 years of content mean?
  • Options

Sorry it's not that I am just confused.. What does 3 years of content mean?

Oh, just means from today we will still get content for The Sims 4 for over 3 years.
  • Options
    Oh! Okay thanks. I am a offline sims player soo I am lost. :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I thought it was 2 now since he said 3 last year.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

They don’t plan more than 3 years ahead. That’s why he only said 3 years planned last year as they didn’t plan anything further.

It appears more content has now been planed as time went on.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    @elelunicy wrote: »

They don’t plan more than 3 years ahead. That’s why he only said 3 years planned last year as they didn’t plan anything further.

Yeah, a rolling 3 year plan.

I’m guessing they know what they’re doing for the next 3 years, and they’re starting beyond that now.

Unless he made a mistake of how many years are left.
  • Options

You didn’t by any chance get a screenshot before Grant deleted the tweet? :smile:
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't really mind that much. I only first got the Sims 4 back in December as a Christmas Present, so I want to give myself more playing time before I have to spend money on yet another Sims game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    edited May 2019

I didn’t :( I wasn’t expecting him to delete it.
    elelunicy wrote: »

Right. But he did say 'at least' 3 more years, which I'm always trying to remind people, :D It was an estimate, not an exact timeframe for when the game will end.

I feel bad for anyone hoping there's just 2 years left, when there may be 4 or 5...
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I don't really mind that much. I only first got the Sims 4 back in December as a Christmas Present, so I want to give myself more playing time before I have to spend money on yet another Sims game.

I hear you. Although I might be done after Sims 4, because I don't know if I'd be interested enough to continue. The next game would have to combine (what I believe is) the best features into one game. Open world or neighborhoods, and if not CASt, at least a color wheel. 4's detailed CAS system and user-friendly build mode (but with more advanced building,) and the humor/charm of The Sims 2. Most importantly, the ability to create distinct personalities for each sim.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

You didn’t by any chance get a screenshot before Grant deleted the tweet? :smile:

Oh no sorry. I don't even use twitter. I was just replying what was posted here. :)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seeing that SimGuruGrant was just moved off the Sims 4 to start a new project at least 3 more years makes sense as it would take that if not longer to make another Sims game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options

Oh no sorry. I don't even use twitter. I was just replying what was posted here. :)

All good! Was worth a try :)
  • Options
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Seeing that SimGuruGrant was just moved off the Sims 4 to start a new project at least 3 more years makes sense as it would take that if not longer to make another Sims game.

What if the Sims 4 and the Sims 5 run at the same time, like Freeplay and Sims Mobile :o
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »

What if the Sims 4 and the Sims 5 run at the same time, like Freeplay and Sims Mobile :o

Yeah, this seems very likely for some reason at this point. My friend also told me they will probably keep on working on TS4 and releasing new packs for the game even after TS5 is released. Maybe that means that players who won’t have powerful enough PCs can still buy new Sims 4 packs and be able to play the game for a few years until they will get the (possibly) more advanced and power-demanding TS5.

We already knew they have been planning new content for years ahead. This is nothing new guys. Just because some of you think TS5 will release soon doesn’t mean TS4 is ending anytime soon. Also I don’t think TS5 is even close to being finished yet, it’s probably in early development stages right now.

Let’s hope the upcoming content for TS4 will be better quality than the previous ones :) I hope Duke will be a great senior producer.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member

Totally agree. I received the sims 4 on pc along with my first gaming pc for Christmas, so I'm definitely glad aswell there is still more content to come for a long while.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm still praying for some updated babies within those 3 years.
    source.gif