Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BABY GLITCH: I'M ON STRIKE!!!!!!!

Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member
I have contacted EA twice about my baby issue. The option to age up isn't there and they won't age naturally and EA has said this is a glitch and they are "working on it". I have decided to stop playing the game until improvements are made. This game was released way too early. No toddlers, a dumb camping expansion, a boring game. Farewell Sims 4 Simmers, I bid you, adieu.
Post edited by Missa_Sissa on

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Sorry to see someone else has been driven away but there are still other Sims games that you can play, one of them has open world, two have toddlers and three even have dishwashers :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sims3And4AreFabbSims3And4AreFabb Posts: 215 Member
    I'm not trying to start an ARGUEMENT here but I have to get my point

People in general complain about the sims 4 but never mention the good thing about it. I think it's just totally unfair to maxis and all the other people putting there heart and soul in making this sims game better than the others. You can't tell me that sims 3 or even sims 2 WASNT boring before all the expansions came out and without them it would be brilliant. They made this game for us and how would you feel if you just spent I dunno maybe a year on a game making it the best you can and people just complaining. Every game has glitches without glitches the game WOULDNT be nearly as good as it is. People would moan more if the game is rubbish and rubbish quality and worse than the first sims so all I'm gonna say is you should be greatful we even have this game to enjoy.
    k36kqq.jpg
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

People in general complain about the sims 4 but never mention the good thing about it. I think it's just totally unfair to maxis and all the other people putting there heart and soul in making this sims game better than the others. You can't tell me that sims 3 or even sims 2 WASNT boring before all the expansions came out and without them it would be brilliant. They made this game for us and how would you feel if you just spent I dunno maybe a year on a game making it the best you can and people just complaining. Every game has glitches without glitches the game WOULDNT be nearly as good as it is. People would moan more if the game is rubbish and rubbish quality and worse than the first sims so all I'm gonna say is you should be greatful we even have this game to enjoy.

I am currently playing TS3, just the base game, no CC, mods, or expansions, and loving it. Just like I did when it came out. I do not understand how people say there was nothing to do, because I did not even finish everything there was to do before WA came out (which was also amazing).

And I don't think people would mind the glitches if a) there were not so very many of them, and b) it truly seems like EA just does not care, and has no intention of repairing them.

I understand there are people who like this game best, and are not experiencing game breaking glitches, but please understand, there are others who paid a lot of money for an unplayable game.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Piperbird1 wrote: »

I am currently playing TS3, just the base game, no CC, mods, or expansions, and loving it. Just like I did when it came out. I do not understand how people say there was nothing to do, because I did not even finish everything there was to do before WA came out (which was also amazing).

And I don't think people would mind the glitches if a) there were not so very many of them, and b) it truly seems like EA just does not care, and has no intention of repairing them.

I understand there are people who like this game best, and are not experiencing game breaking glitches, but please understand, there are others who paid a lot of money for an unplayable game.

I understand what your saying, we didn't actually spend much time playing the base game. I understand that people don't like the sims 4 in there personal opinions but I had to let loose and get my point across has I had a ball of anger of so many different people pointing out the bad stuff in sims 4. I'm sorry @Missa_Sissa if you got the impression I was aiming at you but this was not intentionally about you. But I will now rest my case. Thank you for your response.
    k36kqq.jpg
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited April 2015

New bugs are being discovered EVERY day.
    EA removed vital features, making the game boring.
    A game shouldn't be boring when it first comes out, expansions make it better but the base shouldn't be boring.
    EA refuse to tell us more about the toddler situation.
    The whole game is unfinished.
    You're sticking up for EA, but they can't stick up for themselves and apologise for their mistakes.

Despite that,
    I like the cas and the build mode and enjoy using them. I won't be grateful we have the game, however, because EA cut so many corners that I and many other players fail to appreciate their laziness. It should have new features without cutting others, and it is coming with twice as many bugs acceptable, so I am losing my sympathy for them.

• Options

A game shouldn't be boring when it first comes out, expansions make it better but the base shouldn't be boring.
    You're sticking up for EA, but they can't stick up for themselves and apologise for their mistakes.

There no mistakes. EVERY GAME I've played have had a least one glitch. EA might not have set anything certain for the toddler situation so DOESNT want to reveal anything that might lead us on to thinking something that's happening that's not. And yes I am sticking up for EA because not every game is great at the start, games have ep to improve them. &I thought the sims 3 base game was boring,
    k36kqq.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Well, it sounds like you've got more issues than just glitched babies -- but if you're really interested in trying to fix that problem you could try Crinrict's Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling. As for the rest -- well, I'm enjoying the game, especially with the GTW pack. Liam O'Dourke is just about to give birth to an alien baby -- still not sure if I'm going to keep him/her or send the baby back to Sixam. Could go ahead and age up his oldest daughter to Teen to help out, even though I was hoping to wait a few more days till Alexander Goth ages up since I've got plans for those two. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited April 2015

There no mistakes. EVERY GAME I've played have had a least one glitch. EA might not have set anything certain for the toddler situation so DOESNT want to reveal anything that might lead us on to thinking something that's happening that's not. And yes I am sticking up for EA because not every game is great at the start, games have ep to improve them. &I thought the sims 3 base game was boring,

It's not right to remove a feature that so many people loved and then not do anything about it. It's ok to have a few glitches, but here new bugs are coming up every day.
  • Options
    Everyone just keeps saying this: it will be better after more expansions.

NO! STOP IT! I already paid $70. That is a plum-load of money! But now I have to pay more if I expect it to be fun?!

I didn't need an expansion to make Dragon Age fun. Or any Zelda game, or Mario game, pokemon game, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing.....
    A game should be fun. Expansions should add more fun. You should not need to pay more money just to try to make it fun. This is an argument I just keep reading over and over, and I cannot understand that mentality at all.

"Hi! Here's a ton of money! Well, that was no fun, maybe more money will fix it!"
  • Options
    simsinmypocketsimsinmypocket Posts: 80 Member
    @Missa_Sissa Have you tried on a new EA folder? Maybe a problem is caused by a CC that is not compatible with the latest patch, or your save is broken, or something.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    The same thing happened last fall, there was an aging glitch. Do you play with aging off? Back then, we needed to turn aging on and use a cake to age up the baby. Then you could turn aging off again.

Try that in case it's the same type of bug as last fall.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    How do you expect Sims to age up when you turned aging off...?
  • Options

NO! STOP IT! I already paid $70. That is a plum-load of money! But now I have to pay more if I expect it to be fun?!

I didn't need an expansion to make Dragon Age fun. Or any Zelda game, or Mario game, pokemon game, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing.....
    A game should be fun. Expansions should add more fun. You should not need to pay more money just to try to make it fun. This is an argument I just keep reading over and over, and I cannot understand that mentality at all.

"Hi! Here's a ton of money! Well, that was no fun, maybe more money will fix it!"

I don't see how you can argue this. I live in England and paid less, and if you don't like the way ea solves their bugs or glitches or the way they decide what features they use they don't play it. It's totally unfair to blame Ea after all the hard work they put into it. They are not super heroes they can't fix it all at once. Everyone would be moaning even more if they didn't bring it out for ages just to put a feature an ep can have in. Sims isn't like zelda. It cost way more. A lot.
    k36kqq.jpg
  • Options

It's not right to remove a feature that so many people loved and then not do anything about it. It's ok to have a few glitches, but here new bugs are coming up every day.

Nobody knows wether their doing anything about it! You don't know that their not!! XD
    k36kqq.jpg
  • Options

I don't see how you can argue this. I live in England and paid less, and if you don't like the way ea solves their bugs or glitches or the way they decide what features they use they don't play it. It's totally unfair to blame Ea after all the hard work they put into it. They are not super heroes they can't fix it all at once. Everyone would be moaning even more if they didn't bring it out for ages just to put a feature an ep can have in. Sims isn't like zelda. It cost way more. A lot.

My point is, no on buys a game thinking, 'this is going to be OK, but years from now when I give them tons MORE money, it's going to be great!' If I buy a game, especially for this much money, I expect it to work. And I can't just say, 'hey, it's been months, you still haven't fixed this stuff, I still can't play my game, can I have my money back?'

And yes, it did cost a lot more than zelda. A lot more. Therefore, logically, it should at least be expected to work.

I'm not saying they didn't do somethings right, I'm saying: look around these forums. There are pages and pages of people reporting bugs, more after every patch. Some are game-ending for players. And EA isn't even addressing most of them. People feel ignored, ripped off, unimportant. People are upset that things they feel are basic things were left out. Unhappy people that gave EA more money for expansions that now are uninstalling themselves. You can't ignore that, or tell them they are wrong to be unhappy.
  • Options
    How do you expect Sims to age up when you turned aging off...?

Babies can (or at least could months ago) still age up even with aging off. You clicked on the basket and there was an option to age up.
  • Options
    PurneyPurney Posts: 57 Member
    I couldn't age my babies up, and took out Dr. Chillgood's kids care for babies mod, and now they age up. There is a help thread at Mod the Sims that tells you which mods are causing problems since the last patch.
  • Options
    I guess that was a bug that a Sim could age up when options said no. Maybe EA fixed that?
  • Options
    I guess that was a bug that a Sim could age up when options said no. Maybe EA fixed that?

I don't think it was a bug. I think it was sort of like how you could manually age a Sim up with the cake, but because the baby was an object and not an actual Sim, the only way that could be done was with the basket interaction. Your weird baby object couldn't blow out candles!

I've only had one baby in TS4, because I wanted to test and see if Mom's green skin transferred to the baby (it did!). I immediately aged it to a child as soon as I was able with the basket option. But that was back in November.
  • Options

My point is, no on buys a game thinking, 'this is going to be OK, but years from now when I give them tons MORE money, it's going to be great!' If I buy a game, especially for this much money, I expect it to work. And I can't just say, 'hey, it's been months, you still haven't fixed this stuff, I still can't play my game, can I have my money back?'

And yes, it did cost a lot more than zelda. A lot more. Therefore, logically, it should at least be expected to work.

I'm not saying they didn't do somethings right, I'm saying: look around these forums. There are pages and pages of people reporting bugs, more after every patch. Some are game-ending for players. And EA isn't even addressing most of them. People feel ignored, ripped off, unimportant. People are upset that things they feel are basic things were left out. Unhappy people that gave EA more money for expansions that now are uninstalling themselves. You can't ignore that, or tell them they are wrong to be unhappy.

But people complaining on the forums there's a techinal page. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GOOD STUFF! I hate it when people forget the good stuff. I KNOW I KNOW that glitches are annoying and super super unattractive, but be grateful for whT you have and enjoy the game!!
    k36kqq.jpg
  • Options
    People try to post on the general forums because that is where people are. Posting here gets your issue very little attention. These are things that need to be seen and addressed. Even if someone from EA just says 'we hear you'. Instead the list of problems keeps growing and we are only left with the impression that they just do not care.

Some of us CANNOT be grateful for what we have and enjoy the game, BECAUSE THE GAME WILL NOT RUN. For some, the loss of toddlers is devastating if they play families or legacy games. I cannot collect, it has been broken for me from day one. And collecting is a major part of why I played and enjoyed the Sims games. We paid a lot of money for a game that does not work. And for people to tell us 'well just don't play it' is incredibly insulting.

Please understand, I am not trying to attack you personally, but it is so insulting when people say that, and it gets said a lot. Imagine you bought a new car. You had the previous model for years and loved it. This model is supposed to be better. You save up, get the car, and it wont start. And then it does start, and the radio doesn't work. But then the car company give you free floor mats to somehow make up for this. But they decided to take the seat belts out. And wheels aren't included (don't worry, they will probably sell you those later! The car is going to be GREAT later). Are you going to tell people, 'well, they worked so hard making the car! If you don't like it, just don't drive it!'
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member

Sims 3 basegame imo was the most boring game in all sim franchise. It was very bare of interactions. The world was big but was not dense with things to do in every corner.
  • Options
    GaiaPuma wrote: »

Sims 3 basegame imo was the most boring game in all sim franchise. It was very bare of interactions. The world was big but was not dense with things to do in every corner.

For me it is a lot of fun. And yes, everything was a rabbit hole, but there was still tons to do. The skills had real rewards and goals, so I wasn't just grinding to level 10, I loved all the opportunities to do (and that you could have three of them), right from the beginning there was so much to collect (and it wasn't broken!). I loved that any lot you went to had Sims there, even places like the really remote lake and Simhenge. I felt the traits actually meant something in TS3 and noticed a difference a lot more. I liked how if you took the neat trait you got the interaction to clean all, and were happy when you cleaned. In TS4 I have not noticed anything different between Neat Sims and Slob Sims, the Neat Sims sometimes get tense, but all the other crazy emotions cover it up so it's never an issue. Sims could go to the spa or take classes for skills. You could do both career branches - that keeps me very busy! Objects were not monstrously huge, so you could actually have them on your lot without them being an eyesore. I liked when you looked through the telescope sometimes you saw a falling star, and could go get it.

For my play style, base TS3 to base TS4: 3 was infinitely more fun on its own.
  • Options
    SamplaysgamessSamplaysgamess Posts: 1 New Member
    This post has gone from talking about the main topic which is that the Sims 4 wont let babies age up to a argument on the base games of the all the past Sims games being either bad or good. Yes toddlers aren't added to the game which I find very annoying but I can tell it will be added into a Sims 4 expansion pack/ free DLC like pools. Stop 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about EA cutting corners and give them time to add new stuff. They missed out pools in the main base game but we got them in a free pools DLC so don't worry about it. The new CAS has improved from previous Sims games and many people like this feature along with the new build options so focus on that! Don't think of the stuff that isn't in the game but what is in the game, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and making posts on this post and many others will not get you your money back that you have spent on the Sims 4 and will not help EA in adding the features you want to be added, wait a couple of months and if it hasn't improved I will join you in your revolt against EA but we cant expect stuff to be added every week, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was the Sims 4. It took a big team of people years to make the Sims 4 and if im honest I would be upset if I read some of the comments on this post being a EA developer as I would feel that years of work has gone to waste so stop 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and just play the game and if the babies wont age up just trigger it via cheats and if you cant do that then just wait for the glitch to be patched.
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    edited April 2015
    @Sims3And4AreFabb You have to understand, as has been said multiple times, that we have put a lot of money in TS4, and of course we expect it to be fun as a base game. You don't buy a game thinking "This won't be fun at first but if i spend a lot more money on expansions later on it will get to be fun". TS4 in general sucks due to lacking objects and interactions. I must admit that at first i couldn't help compare it to TS3 a lot which is why i at first didn't enjoy it at all, but now i actually do enjoy the game a lot. But of course i will complain about the stuff that is missing and all the bugs i find. Why wouldn't i complain about that stuff? If we do not complain, then EA wouldn't know about it.

@Piperbird1 I must say, I agree with every single bit you have said in this thread. And I found TS3 base game a lot of fun as well. There were so much to do even for a base game, like collecting which i have spend a lot of time doing. And CAS was wonderful, which i really miss in TS4. I still play TS3 a lot, especially because i am doing the legacy challenge (both in TS3 and TS4 atm). You could also see how many books you have written, read, royalties you make and stuff like that, which is really lacking in TS4. In TS4 i dont get all my royalties because my sim writes too many books for the message to show. So I have to wait for some books royalties to ware out, and i can't see how long that will take. It annoys me a lot.
    There is also a lot of bugs with childrens life time wishes, where i can't complete the one with playing on that thing where children climbing thing while being playful.
    AND another thing is that I cannot install my game in english which is very annoying. I enjoy playing TS3 in english. Instead i have to play TS4 in Danish as it is my language. It makes no sence since english is the most spread out language in the world. I bought the digital deluxe edition. The option to install in different languages really should be included.
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW