Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Transferring funds & furniture when splitting household

Josh3582Josh3582 Posts: 2 New Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi! The children of my first Sims are now adult and I'd like them to move out in their own house.
I saved about 40 000 Simoleons beforehand, as I wanted them to be able to get something better than the starters' houses.
I also have lots of furniture that I'd like them to bring with them.

But, while splitting the household in an attempt to move them, I noticed that there was no way to transfer money to the new household (plus, they get 20 000 Simoleons from no where which isn't very realistic, I think it was different in TS2 but I might be wrong as well).

But most importantly, since furniture cannot be put into a personal Sim's inventory (only small objects, plants, collectibles, etc...), it is simply impossible for a Sim to bring any furniture with them while moving out alone.

So what I suggest is this:

- An option to split the household funds when splitting the household
- An option to split the household inventory when splitting the household

I don't think that would be too hard to implement, and it would make things so much easier, especially for people who like to play over many generations, ending up with a huge family and a frequent need to move Sims.

Comments

• Options
    GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member
    I already fall over the same issue. With "Get To Work" coming up, where retail stores are owned by household instead of a single sim, I hope they bring in the function to split funds and transfer the store to a sim moving out of the current household. If not, it wont be possible for sims to "inherit" a running business, when they leave the elderly household and move to a new lot.
    (*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited March 2015
    I always end up spending lots of money on camping equipment and leave it in the inventory of the moving sim. It's silly I need to do this in order for the moving sim to have money , it would be much easier to assign the moving sim simoleons when they go.
    Edit: Also the sim that gets married should have the wedding gitfs put in their own personal inventory not the family inventory.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member
    @Frn0731, good idea with the camping equipment. What's the most expensive thing you can get there? How many stuff do you usually buy to prepare your moving sim for his new lot?
    I was just thinking about using the money cheat would also work. You could decrease the household funds by a certain amount and then put this amount to the funds of the already moved sim. Still it's just an unsatisfying work aroung. It would be soooo useful to be able to split the budgets (and owned shops for GTW) when splitting households!
    (*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    @GoodFairy I buy around 10 to 20 of those big tents they sell for 1070. simoleans.(you could do more or less) It works well but the only problem is i first have to place my sim in a starter place , then sell all the tents before I can move my sim to where I want him or her to live. Paintings also work as do those slide pictures from the microscope. I just wish all their wedding gifts would be in their inventory because I like to move them out right after the wedding.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    RavenDoll666RavenDoll666 Posts: 2 New Member
    This is driving me a bit crazy as well. I have started a huge family and the kids are moving out. One of the kids was fairly high in the astronaut career and had some cool rewards that she now can't have! They are stuck at her mom's house. Really really wish this could be fixed. Either a household transfer, gift giving, or some other way for her to get her things. Trying to move out my other kids now but they'll lose all there stuff too :(
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I concur that this is a major problem. This is the only instance I play with money cheats, since it is just absurd to have my super rich 2nd and 3rd gens have to start from scratch :-/
  • Options
    HanQinHanQin Posts: 34 Member
    This is still not fixed??? EA should really look into this and provide the changes in the next updates.
  • Options
    Yes it's very annoying. There's some cool ideas on this thread (thanks!) to help cope in the meantime, but it really would be nice to have it fixed.

One thing I've found to get around it, for those who may be interested, is the "move in with" option. I'll find a house with a single sim living in it that I don't care about much, maybe one of those weird ghost populated houses, have my sim move in with them, which combines their household money and to boot you get the house for free, then either separate the Sim that was living there into their own household, or just delete them, and Voila! Free house and money! Not QUITE a cheat, tho a little morally dubious, lol (I do feel a little bad for stealing those Sim's houses :-P)
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    This would be so helpful for my rotational legacy! I went to the flea market to get furniture for my sim who was about to move to the city, only to find that he couldn't use the furniture unless the entire household came with him! As for funds, I DID have the family save up 22k for him. I moved him out, used MC Command Center to transfer 2k, and cheated down the rest. This would make things much easier though!
  • Options
    dogbunnydogbunny Posts: 5 New Member
    Agreeing with all of the above. Right now I have to use cheats to give kids funds. For household inventory, I've found the best solution is to make sure the kids' items are all in one room (ideally their bedroom), go into build mode, and save the room in my gallery. Once the kid Sim is in their new household, I go back into build mode and the gallery, insert the saved room (and its items), and shuffle everything around as necessary.

It's not ideal, especially with apartments where room shapes aren't likely to match up with the gallery room (so you have to either restructure everything or reconstruct the walls as they used to be once you're done). But it's easier than using cheats to find and reintroduce all the relevant inventory items one at a time to the new household.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Omg we need this so much!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Just the other day I was thinking about starting a thread about this. I would love if the funds would be per sim and not per household. Like this, you could do stuff like let the teens keep the money they earn babysitting for example. Have the parents give the children a weekly allowance, etc.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    AlexSargonAlexSargon Posts: 3 New Member
    This is a major problem. Started playing Sims 4 recently. Created siblings: Alexandre went up the Tech Guru track and became a Lvl 10 eGamer. His sister, Alexandria ended up a Double Diamond Agent in the Secret Agent career. They were rolling in simoleans. Then they both got married and I decided (after buying City Living) to move Alexandre and his new wife Summer Holiday into an apartment. When I finally figured out how to manage the households and move them into a place, they had 13,500 left and nothing but some repair parts in his personal inventory. There needs to be a slider for household funds and an drop box for household items. Seriously needs to get fixed.
  • Options
    klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    Please fix this... this has been a suggestion for a long time now
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I know not everyone likes to use mod, but there is a packing crate mod that I downloaded a month ago and it is super helpful when I want to move only one Sim out. You can put almost everything in the crates and then put the crate in the inventory. There is also a bank mod which allows you to create accounts and put money in them or withdraw it but I think it's not available anymore until the modder updates it
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    > @"Amandèle" said:
    > I know not everyone likes to use mod, but there is a packing crate mod that I downloaded a month ago and it is super helpful when I want to move only one Sim out. You can put almost everything in the crates and then put the crate in the inventory. There is also a bank mod which allows you to create accounts and put money in them or withdraw it but I think it's not available anymore until the modder updates it

were these for Sims 3 or 4 ?
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
  • Options
    Lilypink79 wrote: »
    > @Amandèle said:
    > I know not everyone likes to use mod, but there is a packing crate mod that I downloaded a month ago and it is super helpful when I want to move only one Sim out. You can put almost everything in the crates and then put the crate in the inventory. There is also a bank mod which allows you to create accounts and put money in them or withdraw it but I think it's not available anymore until the modder updates it

were these for Sims 3 or 4 ?

I've been using a packing crate mod for sims 4. Here's the link.

It's great for vacations too.
  • Options
    Andyzhang2896Andyzhang2896 Posts: 58 Member
    I have this issue now, I tried to move out one of the family members and they always get 20,000 Simoleons from nowhere. I really wish the main household Simoleons will reduce by 20,000 Simoleons too, it's more realistic in this way. Also, there should be a way to transfer household Simoleons to another household. This idea has been 4 years and it's sad that EA didn't do anything at all.
    Is there a way to tell the EA team??
  • Options
    Andyzhang2896Andyzhang2896 Posts: 58 Member
    *By the way, I'm a new member here.
  • Options
    LiillayLiillay Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Andyzhang2896;c-17103415"]*By the way, I'm a new member here.[/quote]

Me too and im having the same issue to
  • Options
    ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    What you could do, is move your sim out and then have one of the family members give a gift of money or other items that the moved out child could use or sell.
  • Options
    WenzelWenzel Posts: 75 Member
    This should really be handled better by the game. What ZzManzZ has suggested is a work-around but it's not exactly very elegant and still requires you to cheat (to get rid of the 20.000§ out of nowhere).

It should also be possible to keep seperate budgets for sims who live on the same lot (flat share!).