The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Leak -Pool Build and French Bistro build kit

Comments

• Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 580 Member
    I'm not sure the idea of the bistro kit accompanying an improvement to dine out is so off base. I'm also thinking of a hint from one of the gurus (don't remember which one or exactly when) that there was no discussion of doing another major refresh like spa day, but there might be a light refresh in the works. So, maybe they're doing a bug fix and light refresh of dine out, and accompanying it with some new cosmetic content in the form of a kit.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 772 Member
    Giving me European hotel vibes.
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 119 Member
    Here's my take on kits. I don't know how much you can get with $5 where you live but where I live $5 won't buy you 2 gallons of gas. $5 won't buy you Starbucks or a combo meal anywhere. $5 won't even get my daughter half a weeks worth of public school lunch. $5 is not putting any kind of dent in my finances and it isn't because I'm well off. I would prefer the larger packs but if I like something in a kit I'm going to buy it because $5 is a drop in the bucket and I'm going to enjoy it more than I would enjoy most other things I can buy with $5.

I still think it is very possible that we will see a pool themed stuff pack. We got that country kitchen kit right before cottage living came out. I don't think it pulls a lot of energy or resources from EA to produce kits so I don't think it's taking away from other content opportunities. The department that does bug fixes is not the same department that makes build buy items but both departments need to be paid.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited May 11
    Yeah, I think I'm definitely town for the French Bistro kit. A lot of build/buy kits have had a kind of retro style or theme or at least a few items, like the record player from the party kit. This is giving me early 1900's vibe. I'll take it, it's retro in my mind.

The Pool set..I'm very torn on it. Again, would have definitely been down for a pool Stuff Pack if there was even just a pool slide. But this. it's really not anything different than what we have now. You could technically say that about any kits I guess, since it's almost all objects that act the same as what's in the game, just look different. But these items don't even really look that different than what's in game. It's very "meh" to me.

ETA: I guess what I mean by that is that things to do in pools really haven't gotten much love over the last 10 years. Kind of not feeling like supporting additional content that's just more of the same for that area of the game. OTOH, a free content update (or even in some DLC) with some new pool toys and a slide would excite me enough to want to go back and do new things with pool builds. I'm not feeling that way about it right now though.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    Chiming in @Gordy @jcp011c2 @catloverplayer @LucyCatx about gameplay attached, would be really cool incentive if they added a free update with new gameplay attached to give a reason for kits, like a pool slide for the pool stuff, or a fix for dine out for the French Bistro kit. I always wanted to water indoor plants for the older Blooming Room kits.

@simmerorigin regarding "leak" yes I know Pixelade made the joke before "the call is coming from inside the house". and many simmers remarked of that sorts as well.

@Bluegayle the title is my impression. I don't know for sure. If I just said "leak" it would drown in ever other previous post that comes out every 3 months of leak and will get lost. Looking at the thread, for more information seems appropriate if you interested in the topic. I could be wrong about the theme but look at the objects yourself.

No worries. Thanks for explaining.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    LucyCatxLucyCatx Posts: 61 Member
    I can’t help feeling that the content of the pool kit is very similar to stuff we already have. As many have already said, what would be really nice for pools is more gameplay, but it seems that new gameplay will never come in a kit.

I find the Parisian bistro kit more interesting, especially if we ever get a Parisian/French-themed world.

This is my feeling exactly!! I beg you sim devs, please enough with the $4.00 kits :|
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,054 Member
    MomsBusy wrote: »
    Here's my take on kits. I don't know how much you can get with $5 where you live but where I live $5 won't buy you 2 gallons of gas. $5 won't buy you Starbucks or a combo meal anywhere. $5 won't even get my daughter half a weeks worth of public school lunch. $5 is not putting any kind of dent in my finances and it isn't because I'm well off. I would prefer the larger packs but if I like something in a kit I'm going to buy it because $5 is a drop in the bucket and I'm going to enjoy it more than I would enjoy most other things I can buy with $5.

I still think it is very possible that we will see a pool themed stuff pack. We got that country kitchen kit right before cottage living came out. I don't think it pulls a lot of energy or resources from EA to produce kits so I don't think it's taking away from other content opportunities. The department that does bug fixes is not the same department that makes build buy items but both departments need to be paid.
    I personally compare them to Stuff Packs. You're paying half the price for less than a third of the content. It's not a huge expense by any means, for most people. But between the little stuff you get, how little actual gameplay you can get with them, and how some of them feel like leftovers or extensions of other packs, they just feel like shallow cashgrabs. And you can't really ignore them, because they're constantly spammed at us.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited May 13
    Gordy wrote: »

I personally compare them to Stuff Packs. You're paying half the price for less than a third of the content. It's not a huge expense by any means, for most people. But between the little stuff you get, how little actual gameplay you can get with them, and how some of them feel like leftovers or extensions of other packs, they just feel like shallow cashgrabs. And you can't really ignore them, because they're constantly spammed at us.
    kits are great for console players and those who prefer to play vanilla.

If it 's a lot easier for them to put out these kits, it may free time more time for quality development in the future.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 110 Member
    We already HAVE a pool kit. If we're to get a second pool-themed pack, it should be something more expansive. (Like a stuff pack that adds a lifeguard job and water slides.)

The French Bistro concept is fine, though. Especially if it accompanies a Dine Out refresh.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,306 Member
    It's nice to get some build options for pools, but we would have needed a pack with functional stuff that probably won't come now.

When we get hotels ,I imagine we get things for pools.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,306 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

I compared them the store sets.

The store sets usually cost 10.00 .
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,908 Member
    The “pool” kit looks disappointing : some items are literally rocks. Unless they have some kind of waterfall system I don’t see the point. Also the items look like stuff we already have. I would have like some fun floaties like flamingo or unicorn floaties. Or just round buoys. Pool stairs. Round pools. Pool volleyball net. Stuff like that would have been cool.
    Some stuff looks nice though, like those curtains.

The bistro kit : I might be slightly biased on that one because I’m from France. Again some items look like stuff we already have but others like the poster, bookshelf (or is it a cabinet ?) and decor wine bottle are pretty nice.

• Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,143 Member
    Well I for one really like what I see in both these kits and will probably pick them up when they come out. Loving the new rocks as well, as we could really use more variety in that area.

Definitely getting a European vibe from both these kits, and I think that sometimes kits are the leftovers from bigger packs, so perhaps we'll be getting a new European world here shortly. Who knows. I'd love a romance pack based in France or Italy.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,532 Member

I checked and you can buy Starbucks here and, depending on what you order, could even have some leftover to buy a chocolate coin from them or a cookie or croissant/sandwich elsewhere. You can buy a fixed lunch menu in a restaurant for the same price, or you can buy a whole cooked rotisserie chicken, or buy 8 bus or subway tickets, or 8 loafs of bread, or you can pay your monthly mobile phone subscription with unlimited calls and internet in the EU and 3000 minutes elsewhere. I don't think 5 EUR (that's the price of kits in Europe) is nothing, it's more an issue of how you choose to spend it and whether or not you have other expenses it can go towards or maybe just save it. Like other people said, you can buy an SP for10 EUR or USD and it's more value for the same money than a couple of kits, and more importantly it has gameplay included. If people stopped buying kits, I wonder if EA would consider releasing more or better fleshed out packs with gameplay? My feeling is that we don't get enough new gameplay elements, and when we do get something new there's so many bugs it takes all the fun out.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    edited May 11
    Wow @crocobaura here in Western Canada I can maybe buy a short coffee and tea for that amount definetly no change for a cookie.
    The cheapest chicken I found is about $8 and only at costco which means you have to be a member (which costs money as well)
    And maybe a loaf of bread depending on the size. I have one of the cheapest cell phone accts here and it is $28 a month.

I think I am going to move to wherever you live just so I can afford Starbucks & a chicken dinner :D

I do like the kits but def would prefer stuffpacks as well.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,333 Member
    Meh. I'm not getting any of this unless it's free one day. I am still resisting the urge to buy the Castle Kit though.

I wish it was free. I'll definitely be using those costly rocks for my apartment pool area.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 807 Member
    edited May 12
    The last two kits left me hungry. If this is what is next, I will be even hungrier for something new. Without gameplay and without more items, these kits feel so incomplete. The videos for the last kits focused on the difficult task of using such useless items. I am a console player. I buy almost ANYTHING and use my imagination. I don't just enjoy playing my own game, I also enjoy watching the streamers play the new packs. I guess again this the type of streams I can expect to watch.

is it even possible to make a normal house with the PARTY ESSENTIALS kit?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBztvmZ3bSM
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 458 Member
    I'm all about the swatch colors. Pool kit has raspberry and mango colored curtains y'all! I love it. Plus the pool floaties and others come in raspberry, which we don't have enough of in the game.

French Bistro has some pinks and aquas on the doors and bar counters that are fantastic as well.

(I play rotationally with chromatic themed families so I'm all about the colors!)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,532 Member
    I'm all about the swatch colors. Pool kit has raspberry and mango colored curtains y'all! I love it. Plus the pool floaties and others come in raspberry, which we don't have enough of in the game.

French Bistro has some pinks and aquas on the doors and bar counters that are fantastic as well.

(I play rotationally with chromatic themed families so I'm all about the colors!)

The curtains don't appear to have rods. I think they are meant to be used with the metal pergola in the kit, not with windows.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    It's giving me hotel/resort/motel vibes you can have a full cafe or continental breakfast or coffee maker in the room.
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 82 Member
    The last two kits left me hungry.

If the kits don't leave you wanting, then they're not doing their job. 😅
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    We already HAVE a pool kit. If we're to get a second pool-themed pack, it should be something more expansive. (Like a stuff pack that adds a lifeguard job and water slides.)

The French Bistro concept is fine, though. Especially if it accompanies a Dine Out refresh.

We have a pool cas kit now not a build kit.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited May 13
    I'm looking forward to the carbana that is coming with the pool kit.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,519 Member
    The items look promising but I want a better view of them before I decide.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,908 Member
    edited May 13
    Ok now that I’ve seen the roadmap, It looks like those rocks are fountains actually, at least one of them, so it will look like a waterfall.
    Post edited by Dianesims on