Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a world, will we get one?

One of the few things left on my sims 4 wish list is a create a world tool. Do you think we will ever get one?

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    As much as I have been dying for that (since the very beginning) .... after all this time? I highly doubt it!

I don't even have to have a full CAW, just the ability to:
    • Delete fake buildings and actually build on those lots
    • Move trees or signs or anything else that messes with your world vibe (or for me, it's usually that it blocks my view)
    • Add things to the world that's not on a buildable lot (without having to use a mod to do that) .... like, skating rinks, bathrooms, picnic tables, playground equipment, deco like if we wanted to make a run-down, dirty, grungy world we could place debug items around the world!
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 74 Member
    As much as I have been dying for that (since the very beginning) .... after all this time? I highly doubt it!

I don't even have to have a full CAW, just the ability to:
    • Delete fake buildings and actually build on those lots
    • Move trees or signs or anything else that messes with your world vibe (or for me, it's usually that it blocks my view)
    • Add things to the world that's not on a buildable lot (without having to use a mod to do that) .... like, skating rinks, bathrooms, picnic tables, playground equipment, deco like if we wanted to make a run-down, dirty, grungy world we could place debug items around the world!

I would want a full CAW tool, but I can appreciate what you are saying. It would be great to be able to add and delete things.

I really enjoyed creating worlds in the sims 3, once the tool was released I spent just as much time creating new worlds as I spent playing the game.
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    If the team can provide us CAW 10 years after the game has released...
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 175 Member
    I can see them adding a CAW tool once The Sims 5 is released, so that people keep buying and playing both. Or maybe they'll only add that with the new game so that players will be buying it when it gets released (I did not read much about Project René, so I have no idea how it will look like).
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I would love CAW, but only if it were possible to add and edit things that are usually scripted to just one world like the ski slope, and fun fair, and the high-school, swimmable water, etc.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I just think we should own add customers world tool.We can add empty worlds base on lush,desert,or city or empty templates base on the world's we purchased.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    If TMexi aka Twisted Mexi can do it then the Sims team should be able to give us one maybe not in TS4 but hopefully in the next generation of Sims
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If TMexi aka Twisted Mexi can do it then the Sims team should be able to give us one maybe not in TS4 but hopefully in the next generation of Sims

His mod has been experimental for a good reason, and is currently broken; it's never been stable enough to release into the wild. Zerbu's Copy Worlds mod also causes problems if you remove it and is rightly marked experimental on his list. I suspect that this game is not set up to deal well at all with removing a world or with having different worlds per save, given how unstable both mods are. I'd honestly ADORE this feature -- I've always wanted to pick and choose worlds in a save -- but I really doubt we'll get it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    It doesnt make any marketing sense for them to allow us to make our own worlds, because that would be the entire game in itself, and possibly people would buy less expansions, as the worlds are the biggest selling points to the game.
    It is possibly they made the game's architecture impossible to do it, to make more sells on their official dlc for the worlds.
    It would be beyond rad, if they did give us this feature at the end of Sims 4, when the next game is coming out. It would give us a reason to keep playing it and no one sore they aren't putting out anymore sims 4 content. If you really love this game and want to keep playing it, it is needed, if the game will end.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    It doesnt make any marketing sense for them to allow us to make our own worlds, because that would be the entire game in itself, and possibly people would buy less expansions, as the worlds are the biggest selling points to the game.
    It is possibly they made the game's architecture impossible to do it, to make more sells on their official dlc for the worlds.
    It would be beyond rad, if they did give us this feature at the end of Sims 4, when the next game is coming out. It would give us a reason to keep playing it and no one sore they aren't putting out anymore sims 4 content. If you really love this game and want to keep playing it, it is needed, if the game will end.

Not necesarily,the world's are so differnt.A generic world tool. Could still work.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I highly doubt it.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited March 31
    I also think that the lack of a CAW tool is a big selling point. The Base Game hasn't been free for long, why should they add CAW when they won't even get rid of the shopping cart button?
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    No. I do not think we'll get create a world. Would be nice, but would also be nice to get another empty world that's styled differently than the one we have.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.