The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What sims traits do you have?

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,159 Member
    Loner - Not by choice. Almost nobody in my life even knows The Sims exist and most would dismiss it as playing with dolls if they did. The Sims is everything to me so I have trouble connecting with people outside of these forums.

Romantic - Love is everything. I wish there was more of it in the real world.

Creative - If I'm not building, making new sims, or sharing stories I don't know what I'd do with myself. I wish I could paint, sing, or play music, but I can and do write SimLit, and it means so much to me.

I use mods to override the three trait limit so I'll simply ignore it here😁

Good - I know I am. A certain very vocal minority of humanity wishes to disagree, but I will never indulge their warped views of the world.

Socially Awkward - This is tied to the loner thing.

Goofball - I love to laugh, and I love to make everyone around me laugh even more.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,961 Member
    Loner - Not by choice. Almost nobody in my life even knows The Sims exist and most would dismiss it as playing with dolls if they did. The Sims is everything to me so I have trouble connecting with people outside of these forums.

That would describe my early school/late play school years perfectly. Noone believed me such a game exists. And once they did, they started talking about The Sims 4000 or something like that, the sequels are infinite for this game.

Oh, I remembered something.

Technically, lifestyles are traits too. So, we're here sharing traits we would have, here's also lifestyles I would have:
    • Sedentary
    • Indoorsy
    • Techie

I won't start going into hidden traits and likes and dislikes though. I can unironically say though that I'm non-occult human. Never guessed I'd type these words.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Good - I know I am. A certain very vocal minority of humanity wishes to disagree, but I will never indulge their warped views of the world.
    Of course you are. That vocal minority who don't think you're a good person simply because of who you are are ... well I can't use the word I'd like to use, so I'll just say wrong. :heart:

HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,159 Member
    Of course you are. That vocal minority who don't think you're a good person simply because of who you are are ... well I can't use the word I'd like to use, so I'll just say wrong. :heart:

Thank you for being awesome❤️ I made my post not long after I woke up this morning and I wasn't feeling ok and it came out in my post. I'm feeling so much better this evening, but it was a rough couple of hours to start out.😊

This is just one of the many reasons why I love this place like I do.😁
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member

Thank you for being awesome❤️ I made my post not long after I woke up this morning and I wasn't feeling ok and it came out in my post. I'm feeling so much better this evening, but it was a rough couple of hours to start out.😊

This is just one of the many reasons why I love this place like I do.😁

I'm very glad you're feeling better this evening. :smile::heart: And I know, I love this community so much as well. I'm not excited about the new forums, but I'll be there with bells on because I just couldn't bear to give this up.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,396 Member
    First of all, main trait has to be bookworm...love to read. Second one has to be family-oriented, in rl not in the Sims, lol. Most of my family live with me. And lastly, probably cat lover, we have 2 in real life, but not so much in the Sims...one sim has a cat and that's the only pet my sims have at the moment.

I would love to put outdoorsy lifestyle along with loves the outdoors, but everything that can bite you sees the "buffet" on my forehead, lol. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 580 Member
    I once completed the My Sims Stories feature, answering all the questions as myself and skipping questions where none of the answers applied to me. The result: Geek (guilty as charged), Genius (who am I to question the game's assessment of my intellectual abilities?), Goofball (um. . .huh?).
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,144 Member
    I'm almost as dysfunctional as my sims. Loner, hates children, lazy, geek, socially awkward....

I do have morals, though; most of my sims have absolutely none
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 21
    I’d say neat, music lover, & athletic. (I’m far from athletic when it comes to sports, but I do love to workout. :D)
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,311 Member
    Innate: Slob, bookworm, socially awkward
    Self-discovery traits: Geek, loner, unflirty
    Additional: Cringe, goofball, gloomy (yes, both)

I am a DELIGHT.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    edited February 23
    Creative, high maintenance, loner, good, bookworm, music lover, foodie and mean. (I know that’s 8 and yes, I can be and I am good yet mean).

Reward traits: night owl, speed reader, great storyteller, independent and mentor. And if it existed, always sleepy.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,127 Member
    Bookworm, clumsy, socially awkward. If I get one more, it has to be cat person.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,736 Member
    Creative, music lover, unflirty, these days.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited February 25
    I drafted up a quick sim-self.
    YSmClME.png
    I think the winners are Goofball, Maker and Perfectionist, but you could probably throw in nosy, dog lover, clumsy and child of the ocean.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,516 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Oh, I remembered something.

Technically, lifestyles are traits too. So, we're here sharing traits we would have, here's also lifestyles I would have:
    • Sedentary
    • Indoorsy
    • Techie

How could I forget about lifestyles?!
    1. Coffee Fanatic - give it to me. NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! 💀
    2. Frequent Traveler - I don’t always travel far, as in, sir, you’re gonna need an aircraft for this one, but I often travel places where no one’s ever been before…If I don’t get to go out and explore new areas at some point during the week, things will go downhill for me pretty fast. The latter is probably because of my coffee problem.
    3. Outdoorsy- see 2. Keep it natural.
    4. Indoorsy- Is it impossible to be both Indoorsy and Outdoorsy? Nah. People are complex beings, and I’m not even fully human. I love doing Indoorsy things such as…I don’t know, playing games, staring at the ceiling, jumping around, drinking more coffee? I can’t however sit indoors for longer than 3 consecutive days. God help us all when that happens.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I can unironically say though that I'm non-occult human. Never guessed I'd type these words.
    At least you were able to type these words BECAUSE you are human. Sadly I had to resort to asking my pet human to do it for me because my “hands” are too big and I don’t want to break my gorgeous claws.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,528 Member
    Mmm...all of them, I think. It depends on the day. Thanks, ADHD. :p:s:#:D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,193 Member
    edited February 26
    My actual traits are:
    Antiseptic/Hardly Hungry
    Brave/Carefree/Shameless/Awkward/Cringy
    Clear Perspective/Observant/Empathy
    Family Oriented/Matriarch/Role Model/Loyal
    Sincere/Generous/Manners
    Cat Lover
    Creative/Music Lover/Muser
    Geek/Goofball/Playful
    Indoorsy/Home Turf
    Independent/Loner/Lone Wolf
    Responsibility/Frugal
    Higher Education/Wise
    Morning Sim/Night Owl
    Sleepy/Seldom Sleepy
    Cheerful/Gloomy
    Cold Acclimation/Storm Chaser

I've also been told I'm Honest with Integrity & No Finesse.
    My Pronouns are: Hetro/Ace, She/Her/Woman/Girl/Lady

What can I say, I'm very human with a long life. ;)

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,816 Member
    not sure is I saw the list of all of them, because I thought some may have been missing, but I pulled out these:
    Ambitious, Creative,
    Genius, High Maintenance, Romantic,
    Self assured, Art Lover, Bookworm, Geek, Foodie, Music Lover, Vegetarian, Animal Enthusiast, Dog Lover, Good, Loner, Loyal

Used to be Outgoing, Party Animal, Proper, & Snob
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 805 Member
    edited February 26
    Lifestyle trait: Single and lovin' it.

It was on Valentines day that I realized how much I love being single. Even on that day, I had absolutely no desire whatsoever to spend that day on typical valentines day activities. I had too much else that I wanted to do.

Over the past year, almost all my sims gradually acquire the single and lovin' it trait. If I don't want them to acquire that trait, I have to make a decided effort to engage in activities that prevent them from getting it. It is an effort not to get that trait. To not have them get that trait, I have to force my sims to do things that I would NOT choose to do in real life.

Playing the Sims allows us to try out different lifestyles and see what sacrifices must be made to live like that. I have become more content with my life as a result of playing the Sims. I have realized that I like my life more than I realized that I liked it. The sacrifices to have a different life are not worth it, in the SIMS as well as real life.

A year ago, I would not have thought I "loved" being single. But I now know that do love it.

Post edited by Katofhyrule12 on
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,070 Member
    edited February 27
    @Katofhyrule12 I love this <3

I kinda feel the same way about the Close-knit lifestyle. Its appearance in the game didn't prompt me to change anything about my life, but it did help me understand a little better how I do and don't like to be social, and to appreciate that there's nothing wrong with me, just different.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 805 Member
    @Katofhyrule12 I love this <3

I kinda feel the same way about the Close-knit lifestyle. Its appearance in the game didn't prompt me to change anything about my life, but it did help me understand a little better how I do and don't like to be social, and to appreciate that there's nothing wrong with me, just different.

Most of my single and lovin' it sims slip in and out of Close-knit. I'll be trying to finish up an aspiration and I will start getting pop ups about losing the close-knit lifestyle. My first reaction will be to try and preserve it. I will start forcing my sim to accept some of the offers that pop up. Those offers usually glitch out or are just weird, and I usually give up and let the lifestyle trait drift away while I finish the aspiration.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,120 Member
    This is such a great thread! It's kind of hard to choose! Assuming I have self discovery traits too, mine would be:

Animal Enthusiast
    Loner
    Loyal
    Socially Awkward
    Lazy
    Geek

I would also have the single and loving it, close knit and techie lifestyles
  • Options
    PunkandProudPunkandProud Posts: 56 Member
    Off the top of my head,

Animal Enthusiast, loves outdoors, Socially Awkward/Loner, music lover.
    self discovery: Geek, goofball and bookworm.

Lifestyles I guess would be close-knit(ish), sedentary.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 199 Member
    Is this question is about your favorite Sim (e.g. "Simself") or about yourself?
    If it was about Artie, my favorite Sim (I do not consider him as my "Sim-self"), well... his main traits are usually Gloomy, Neat and Socially awkward. Depends on the save, sometimes I replace the latter with Art Lover. I do have quite a few saves where I also tried other traits which actually fit him, too. But there is no save without him being gloomy.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    I have had different traits over time

When I was younger I considered myself:

Cheerful
    Good
    Animal lover
    Night owl
    Loves outdoors
    Childish
    Non committal ( in that I always changed hobbies )
    Low self esteem
    Loyal
    Adventurous
    Outgoing
    Active

In high school/college I became:

Romantic
    Music lover
    Geek ( loved science fiction )
    Still cheerful
    Still a night owl
    Still Loyal
    Still adventurous
    Still non committal with hobbies
    Still outgoing
    Still Actuve

As an adult:

Family oriented
    Loyal
    Foodie
    Muser
    Still Romantic
    Early bird
    Creative
    Geek ( now I had video games, and computer to add to science fiction.
    Still cheerful ( although less so than when I was younger…… more responsibility )
    Still loves outdoors

My husband was:

Ambitious
    Neat
    Creative
    Loves outdoors
    Adventurous
    Geek
    Family oriented
    And I very much miss him!

Since I have gotten older my traits have changed again:

Night owl again
    Still Family oriented
    Still Loyal
    Bookworm
    Lazy
    Geek ( add a cell phone to the computer, video games and science fiction.
    Still a foodie
    Even more of a muser
    Became a bit more cheerful again in old age
    Became more childish again
    Still non committal to most hobbies
    Wise ( I guess that’s a matter of opinion… lol )

I guess because my traits have changed so much, you could add erratic to them.

I never could understand why we couldn’t easily change traits as mine changed so often……