Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Goth Fashion Kit Discussion

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    [img][/img]53039744426_a0f9ee81de_k.jpgScreen Shot 2022-10-22 at 1.29.10 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr
    this was my 90's goth look- but I dont expect them to do this with the kit- I think the siouxsie sioux hair is more suiting- but corsets would be rad
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Hi @LeucosiaX you can @ the poster or select the 'quote'' option.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Hi @LeucosiaX you can @ the poster or select the 'quote'' option.
    hi @simgirl1010 thank you!

Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It just dawned on me or should I say sundown on me, yup pun. 😆
    I actually just last month made a gothic couple that have a vampy magical country western.🧛🏻‍♀️🧙🏻🧑🏻‍🌾
    I call them Gothic Western Couple. They are saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS for any simmer that actually has the Gallery in their game that can check them out. And please let me know if any of you can see them. Thank you.😉
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    You know what? Forget the concept art. Let's go early 2000's goth/emo culture. As any of us who were around the time know, goth stuff RULED Sims 2 stories and CC. The Exchange had stories upon stories dedicated to Gerard Way knock-offs and tragic, misunderstood girls with dead parents. So let's honor our founding goth ancestors with fashion inspired by Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

ZTjIUpj.png
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a bit of the proto-goth New Romantic 80s look, but as I think most of the sims team was - at best - in grade school back at the dawn of time I think of as "high school" it will probably be a more recent Goth-Punk vibe, based on the concept art we were voting on.

I mean, it's at least six months out, so we'll probably all have forgotten what we were hoping for when it comes along. :grin:

OMG yes, the 80s goth look has so much to choose from in terms of fashion styles, including the more 'New Romantic' look (although New Romantic was its own thing and was happening at the same time as Goth, more or less).

I was an 80s goth, and a lot of what I wore back then probably wouldn't be considered what most people think of as 'goth' today. Sure I had the long black velvet dresses, and more flowy romantic goth looks, but I'd also head out in a pair of tights, winkle picker boots, a 1960s op art dress with a tonne of jangly bracelets and necklaces, or a 1970s purple lurex dress with fishnets, 60s go go boots, and a 1940s long coat over top. We mixed a lot of fashion styles and eras in the 80s, everything from 1920s silent era vamp looks, through to the 1940s, 60s, 70s and 80s all mashed in together a lot of the time. For me in the 80s about the only thing that remained consistently 'stereotypically' Goth was the teased up Siouxsie hair & the makeup.

I mean it doesn't get much Gother than Bauhaus and these clips of them in 1982 and 1983 don't exactly scream, "look at us, we're Goths". :D

https://youtu.be/XWm1xAomBzc

https://youtu.be/sdkOtenHb4o
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    I really think the 80's goth was the pinnacle goth look. However I was a 90's goth, and I remember being in London in 1999, when Camden Town was still the goth central hub of London, and seeing the most out of this world fun hair. The ladies from the Black Rose Store hair long Barbie hair, (extensions) past their waist in bright surreal primal colors. The often had a feather headpiece hair band to cover the extension part, or otherwise bangs, which they called "fringe." If they didnt not do the bang or the headpiece they worn their hair up in a high "I dream of Jeannie style Pony tail and alternatively pigtails. The hair was exact my little pony hair texture and colors. The highpony tail was like ariana grande hair style but surreal colors--But before Ariana Grande. I remember thinking how the British do the look the best. The go all out. At that time, the cybergoth thing was just coming out and all the rage. I could not believe what i saw, literally people "plaited," (braided in american english), and sealed their hair in shrink tubing to look apocalyptic futuristic. Quite possible my least favorite goth look ever, but I do note it was most creative. I havent really been in the scene for many years and I thought it is something that just fell out of style. But have seen the revivial in the past ten years. I do see the extensions looks in Europe are still primarily with fall ponytail extension pieces so they can keep their regular hair and day job. I would like that as a hat or accessory in game. I havent found a cc creator who has made it. That with the long ponytail or pig tail fall. Even 60's style 🐸🐸🐸🐸 falls. in game would be rad. I found clip on bangs which is also another way to goth a hair style.Hair extensions as an add on accessory or hat would be great in general- even for glam purposes. I just feel like with goths hair id the deal breaker. it makes and breaks a look and can offer so much more variety of looks. Really cc clothes and black clothes, even goth boutique styles exist in cc, but these accessories really add that true touch. Goths wear black, but they layer and layer and layer which makes the look so complex.

The markets at hendford on bagley remind me of the feel and vibe of the Camden Lock Market stalls so much I updated some townies and bar owns to be exact like some iconic looking goths I remember from the heyday. Its really surreal to see them walking around in the game.

Dreadlock we have in the game. Silky version of dreadlocks were another look turn of the century goth. I think Anglina Jolene has it in the movie Gone In 60 Seconds, in Platinum Blonde. Faux dreadlock were a big thing then too.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    it would be cute if they added goth music festival or music festival or renaissance festival to the game like Wave Gotik Treffen in Leipzig or the whitby festival in England. I already haveclub that meets at the castle ruins as a club cally whitby festival.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    looking at Cybergoth pictures makes me want to make Cybergoth horses in my game :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited July 2023
    i am not into goth content even do i will buy the kit most of the content in that kit i will mostly never use as a player and also speaking as a player i prefer bright cheerful content

The carnival kit has some bright and cheerful colors in case you haven’t seen it, also city living has some very bright patterned dresses and things as does wedding stories, though wedding stories are not patterned.
  • Options
    Give me a little Winona Ryder ( from Beetle Juice ) goth and some Alice Cooper goth please.
  • Options
    Now that it's October, I'm currently building my Addams Family & their house. I will be so looking forward to the new Goth Fashion Kit. I'm hoping for the following:
    Morticia Outfit
    Gomez Outfit
    Wednesday Outfit
    Pugsley Outfit
    Fester Outfit
    Momma Outfit
    Baby Pubert Outfit

Pretty please. ;):p<3B)
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I would like they include some things.

- short goth lolita dress, with ruffles, no ribbons
    - long glamourous Morticia Adams kind of dress

a7aa8455e06f01d0554af7c3387007ed.jpg
    Would love a dress like that. I miss some of the goth stuff we had in the Sims3 furniture and clothes. I miss Gunther too. Maybe if it is Goth the EP will be along the dangerous, grim, funerals, graveyard, ect.
    Just for reference, this is the concept art that goth the majority of votes:

sims-4-goth-fashion-kit.jpg

I too want to create an army of Goth Occults.
    I hope we're getting a selection of fingerless gloves (fishnet & solid), a variety of goth accessories & tattoos including additional arm and back versions of that lady's snake tattoo, PLUS plenty of black lace, Morticia Addams inspired elegant wear and hair (I LURV that long, very straight Zeta-Jones hairstyle ) and in general, 80's goth inspired fashion.

I like what I see. I'm hoping for this type just a little with a bunch of stylish goth like the dress above and a little lolita thrown in. Goth furniture would be nice and maybe a nice coffin or two.
  • Options
    Pretty. B)
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited October 2023
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Now that it's October, I'm currently building my Addams Family & their house. I will be so looking forward to the new Goth Fashion Kit. I'm hoping for the following:
    Morticia Outfit
    Gomez Outfit
    Wednesday Outfit
    Pugsley Outfit
    Fester Outfit
    Momma Outfit
    Baby Pubert Outfit

Pretty please. ;):p<3B)

Yes please and like an Cousin IT Hairy jacket or something. I know it's not goth but still look cool.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I don't know what to expect, tbh. Goth Fashion is so broad. What we see in concept art isn't set in stone.

I'm excited for both kits. (I did vote for both.) Very little room to be disappointed. Hopefully I'll be able to grab both kits on release. :blush:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    I would LOVE a long leather jacket like in the concept art, so other sims besides my oracle can rock that too!

Also more piercings, especially one ear piercings and muliple piercings in one ear.

Not a big fan of lolita and cyber goth, except for some of the hairstyles.
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    Sorry new to this. How to you reply to others on this thread? I can't find it as an option. Morticia dress I love- I have many cc dresses like this. I did club in Morticia dresses in the 90's.

@LeucosiaX
    Either quote them or type an @ infront of their name.
    Mortica rox <3
  • Options
    VixenoireVixenoire Posts: 12 New Member
    I am hoping for a wide variety of goth styles and not just mall goth. Really really hoping for trad, vampire, and deathrock styles. A couple of cybergoth items would be cool and different. Would love to be able to create my simself and have clothing options I would actually wear. xD Realm of Magic has a couple, but I'm super excited for an entire kit. <3
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I’m hoping for dark colors, not just black for gothic.
    The colors would be:
    Ocean Midnight Blue
    Burgundy Wine Red
    Deep Dark Forest Green
    Dark Grape Purple
    Deep Dark Pink
    Dark Bronze Yellow
    Dark Sunset Orange
    Dark Chocolate Brown
    Dark Brass Grey
    Marble Pearl Black

Yes, it would be nice if each outfit has these colors, as well as black of course, and I personally would also love to see a white swatch of each too.