The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    They really should just go back to midnight releases man, this is kind of annoying

Agreed. I don’t remember having any problems when they did midnight releases. Of course, that was on Origin, too.

I haven’t even attempted to get it yet because it seems like most people are having this issue.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,311 Member
    Has anyone actually been able to download this pack LOL

That's what Im wondering...
    Im on console (xb1) and unable to download too

Oh so it's not limited to the EA app, interesting. Must be server-side then? Anywho won't say anything about it anymore since we're apparently not allowed to do that anymore :confused:

There's literally no one on the forums who can fix the app so asking people here to do it accomplishes nothing. The link was provided to get you to someplace where they might be able to provide concrete help.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Oh so it's not limited to the EA app, interesting. Must be server-side then? Anywho won't say anything about it anymore since we're apparently not allowed to do that anymore :confused:

There's literally no one on the forums who can fix the app so asking people here to do it accomplishes nothing. The link was provided to get you to someplace where they might be able to provide concrete help.

It's just chatting man. Over there the solution provided is basically the same as here: just wait.
  • Options

It's just chatting man. Over there the solution provided is basically the same as here: just wait.

See, that's where my theory crashes headlong into reality. ;)
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,448 EA Community Manager
    I'm so sorry @catloverplayer

Thread locked. Please use the AHQ thread here for issues installing For Rent.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,448 EA Community Manager
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    I'm so sorry @catloverplayer

Thread locked. Please use the AHQ thread here for issues installing For Rent.

We should be good to go now after some changes were pushed on our side, unlocking this thread.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,611 Member
    So, is everyone off playing it now? I might wait a couple of days before buying, just to see if anyone screams blue murder about huge bugs. If I have the patience lol.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 572 Member
    I’ve had a quick look round but that’s all for me for today. I like what I’ve seen! Being involved in the countdown has been good fun too — first time I’ve preordered and then been watching the clock all day :) It’s been a bit painful at times as today has gone so slowly… but at least I got it downloaded without the issues some others have been having.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    Well my pc didn't make it home in time :'( so I guess i will just keep playing Sims 2 on this painfully slow laptop (which I am actuall grateful to have) ---Don't want to jinx things now. Hopefully will be up and running normal soon.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited December 2023
    I was super naughty and although I know my pc is on the brink of death I downloaded for rent :D I mean it has been behaving for a bit now, I just need to remember to save more than usual ;) I must say I was surprised how quick it downloaded though, less than a minute, hope it installed correctly because reading above some people waited up to two hours :o Will load it now and hope for the best <3

edit to add, it seems ok so far.
    JfBBhx4.png
  • Options
    All is well, guess I am just lucky because by the time I wake up to download it most of the the massive downloads had been done and mine went quick for that reason ;)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,721 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    All is well, guess I am just lucky because by the time I wake up to download it most of the the massive downloads had been done and mine went quick for that reason ;)

Hi! Mine went quick as well, but the patching took some time. I read somewhere that EA fixed a server side problem, which was the reason it took ages to dl right after release. Happy for rent simming!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,516 Member
    I forgot to mention it released in the thread but I updated the title.
  • Options

I don't think you could have mentioned it at the time, your thread was locked for a few hours due to people going off topic, then it got opened again once the reason they went off topic was fixed ;) Thanks for your thread, we appreciate it <3
  • Options
    mcrudd wrote: »

Hi! Mine went quick as well, but the patching took some time. I read somewhere that EA fixed a server side problem, which was the reason it took ages to dl right after release. Happy for rent simming!

Sometimes it helps to not be able to download it as it releases ;)
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 119 Member
    Not sure if people are still having issues or not but mine wouldn't download at first. I restarted my computer and it downloaded.
  • Options

Thank you for the thread, it's always a highlight of waiting for new content. Apologies for contributing to the lockout.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,031 Member
    edited December 2023
    I haven’t been able to download at all tonight. 😭😵‍💫. Repair, uninstall and reinstall, recovery app. No. I can’t connect at all to the servers.

I was allowed to put in the code to claim the pack (which I hope it’s worked) but over four hours later in multiple attempts, it just won’t connect for me to download.

I will now have to wait until tomorrow. This EA App sure takes out any excitement. 🙄
    Liking Little Bistro Kit! French cafe vibes. 😊☕️🌞