The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP Patch 12/5

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,954 Member
    It sounds like these updates have seriously broken a lot of mods, including MCCC. Looks like I’ll have to practise some building for the next while — or more likely, play TS3 :)

MCCC is the only mod I needed for my other save. Heavy sigh. I do have a totally blank save ready to use, so looks like I will be right there with you building, too. Oi
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Awesome, at work and thought I’d have to download 2 patches
  • Options
    KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    Perhaps the second patch contains last-minute fixes for the new EP.

Just got that as well.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,308 Member
    edited December 2023
    Patch notes are up!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1011992/part-time-handyperson-checking-in-for-duty#latest

Update 12/05/2023
    PC: 1.103.250.1020 / Mac: 1.103.250.1220
    Console: 1.84

Sul Sul Simmers!
    The newest expansion pack has been freely living in all our heads and For Rent is finally due! The Property Owner is coming to visit in just a few days, but in the meantime there’s a couple of Base Game additions and a bevy of fixes to call out and share. Our favorite SimGuruNova is going to go into details below. Thanks all!

-SimGuruNinja

What’s New?

Sink Assignments
    The jig is up for Sims who had a penchant for shoving Harvestfest turkey bones down the drains of those poor, poor bathroom sinks. Starting today, all sinks can now be designated as Kitchen or Bathroom sinks.

The assignment you choose determines whether hands or dishes are autonomously washed in them. Unless, of course, you live for the chaos and assign the wrong labels to each sink. We won’t stop you from letting your Sims continue to be little freaks!

Switch Control to This Household

Listen, as much as we love the Manage Worlds screen, every healthy relationship requires a bit of space. So, we’ve declared a bit of independence from Manage Worlds, giving you the chance to switch your active household from Live mode directly with the “Switch Control to This Household” interaction! While we added this as a means to switch between units of your Residential Rental more seamlessly, this interaction will be available on the front door of all occupied residences, not just Residential Rental units. Rejoice with me, my fellow rotational gameplay Simmers!

Base Game Additions That’ll Knock Your Shoes Off

In celebration of the release of For Rent, we have a few housewarming goodies coming to the Base Game. Along with a cozy new outfit that’ll have your Sims lounging in style, Sims can now interact with the Men’s Shoe Rack and Women’s Shoe Rack items from Base Game to set rules for the house determining whether or not shoes are removed at the door. Which means everyone will know whether or not your Sim is wearing socks under those sneakers (please, for my sanity, make sure they are!)

Bug Fixes

Base Game/Multipack

Quick Meal interactions on fridges have been renamed to “Quick Meal or Drink” and “Microwaved Quick Meal or Drink”. Gone are the days of “Glass of Milk'' erasure!
    Sims who finish their drinks while also eating will now make sure to finish their meal afterward. That’s right, Mrs. Landgraab, chugging your Juice on the Rocks doesn’t count as “girl dinner”.
    Child Sims with the Genius trait will no longer gain the Want to Solve Hard Problems, They’ll have to wait a few years before diving into such complex abstraction.
    Sims with a Fear of Fire will no longer be tormented by constant, unavoidable fires starting while they are cooking.
    On a somewhat related note, Sims will no longer be given the option to Cook Together on broken stoves.
    In an attempt to curtail unwarranted surreal horror gameplay, household members should no longer randomly be labeled as neighbors and become unable to use doors.
    In the spirit of respecting the laws of physics, towels hung on the wall are no longer translucent when hit with natural light.
    Though they are things of beauty, certain columns will now, indeed, fade away… when they would otherwise be blocking the camera in Live Mode.
    Sims will no longer be constantly using their phones at every hour of the day. Not a cell phone in sight, just simulated people living in the moment. Beautiful.
    Hairy houseguests deciding to shave in your Sim’s bathroom will no longer cause the game to freeze.
    Sims should now actually be able to finish writing songs. Perhaps those of us with closets full of unfinished projects should take notes.
    Child Sims will now only have age-appropriate thought bubbles.
    After plenty of confidence building exercises, certain table lamps will no longer snap to the wall when placed and will be comfortable standing wherever you place them.
    Infants who age up in a dirty diaper will no longer produce stink clouds as if forced to wear that dirty diaper into adulthood (Rest assured, I hated writing that just as much as you hated reading it).
    Sims will thankfully no longer slip and fall in mud puddles while holding an infant.
    Adjusted frequency of body hair on randomized Sims to be slightly less excessive.
    Some of the less friendly toddler and infant hairs have been taught proper conflict resolution and will now play nicely with hats.
    Sims living on Private Dwelling lots are now willing to make exceptions for food deliveries. Because everyone loves a good pizza, even territorial curmudgeons.
    Basement stairs should now play nicely with terrain when the lot has a raised foundation.
    Changing foundation height should no longer stop windows from being placed on curved walls.
    Sims have learned what it means to be that guy and will no longer constantly ask “What Happened?” for no apparent reason during conversations.
    Sims who would invite themselves over and make themselves a little too welcome have relearned their manners and should now knock.
    Much to the disappointment of illusionists everywhere, glass walls over basements should no longer hide basement walls when viewed from above.
    We’ve educated Sims on the dangers of over-caffeination, so autonomous coffee making/drinking should happen a bit less frequently.
    Blonde gardeners and redhead pizza deliverers everywhere can breathe a sigh of relief, because parents with graying hair swatches are now more likely to have children that match their base hair color, rather than unexpected red or blonde hair.
    When loading back into a save and entering Manage Worlds, there’s no longer a chance that occupied lots appear empty.
    A previously unnamed PooHoo bush has now discovered its true name.

Console
    Hitting the Undo button on the controller no longer pulls up the search bar in Build Mode.

Kits
    The nails from Poolside Splash are now tagged for both masculine and feminine frame Sims.
    As fun as it was, Sims should no longer grow a second pair of feet when wearing the retro bikini from Poolside Splash.

Laundry Day

Hampers can now be dragged in and out of Sim inventories in Live Mode. The excuses for putting off laundry end here!
    Dirty cloth diapers will now go into laundry hampers, where they belong, rather than the floor, where they do not belong.

Dream Home Decorator
    The Standard Gas Oven by Blazin’ Ladles no longer disappears when placed on lots. May your ladles remain ever ablaze…

My Wedding Stories
    Certain veils should no longer force Sims to have red hair (seriously, what is it with this update and red hair?)

Werewolves

Werewolves will no longer autonomously Check On infants during their rampage. And thank goodness for that.

Seasons
    Plants no longer revert to dirt piles in dormant phases, and instead will simply stop growing. They should also now only become dormant when entering their off seasons, at the appropriate time.

Get Famous
    Sims who have chosen to forgo the spotlight will no longer gain unwanted fame.

Cottage Living
    Sims will now retain the Heroic Haggler buff when buying discounted items at village shops after haggling. Let them enjoy their Karen moment!
    Your Sims will no longer be doomed to a life of Sisyphean crafting endeavors. They should now be able to complete the task to create a Cross-Stitch for the Taste for Adventure errand.

High School Years
    The pink swatch of the Benchmark Seating chair is no longer masquerading as blue in the preview.
    Teens who get more than 250 Social Bunny followers should now be able to complete the third level Admired Icon aspiration.

Growing Together
    Playing other households will no longer cause Sims to forget certain achieved Milestones. In other words, the game will neither gaslight nor gatekeep your girlboss Sims anymore.
    We gave that creepy tree in San Sequoia a stern warning. It should no longer be encroaching upon the buildable area of the Sequoia Cottage lot.
    Sims will no longer earn the First Promotion milestone when getting a new job, no matter how much your Sim is willing to be annoying and debate the semantics of that.
    Toddlers should now be able to Sing a Song with infants without being interrupted.

Horse Ranch
    Your adorable little money laundering scheme has yee’d its last haw! Sims will no longer receive double the stated number of Simoleons for selling mini goats and sheep.
    Sims riding horses should now have an easier time saying howdy (and other things) to other horses nearby.
    Sims will no longer be taunted by an unreachable log filled with frogs in Chestnut Ridge.
    The era of heavy metal square dancing has waned. Sims will now only autonomously perform Cowpoke Dance if Ranch music is playing.

For Rent
    Fixed an issue where rent could go into negatives or be excessively high.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    first patch didn't include EP15 delta folder unlike second one
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Alright opening and closing the game fixed my issue, I feel better now and can wait for the seventh in peace :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 195 Member
    edited December 2023
    This is quite the underwhelming pre-EP patch lol. One bug fix that somehow is considered a main feature, one "ok" feature (household switching) and a feature from an EP making its way into base game.
    Post edited by nasch_katze on
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,103 Member
    This is quite the underwhelming pre-EP patch lol. One bug fix, one "ok" feature and a feature from an EP making its way into base game.

One bug fix? Did we read the same patch notes?
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 923 Member
    edited December 2023
    Just a few mods broken. The ui cheats and mc can't click on sim to bring up menu. Looks like mc be broken awhile the custom menus from mods is broken
    Post edited by bandit5 on
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,448 EA Community Manager
    edited December 2023
    Heya,

So the first patch was our standard Pre-EP patch that you all were expecting, the second patch that released an hour after was specifically to support For Rent, eliminating a critical issue with this EP before you could ever even see it (and give me anxiety about loading AHQ every day :) )!

The last line of the notes was the second patch:
    • Fixed an issue where rent could go into negatives or be excessively high.
    We made the call to push the notes out by about an hour to make sure both patches went out as scheduled first.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 195 Member
    edited December 2023
    JAL wrote: »
    This is quite the underwhelming pre-EP patch lol. One bug fix, one "ok" feature and a feature from an EP making its way into base game.

One bug fix? Did we read the same patch notes?

I'm talking about the sink fix that is listed as a "main feature" of this patch, not the actual bug fixes. I edited my original post to make it more clear :D
  • Options
    Jordan1975Jordan1975 Posts: 32 Member
    I'm not playing online, and haven't done the update yet, but am having issues with the gallery not responding
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited December 2023
    Patch notes are up!

... .

Growing Together
    Playing other households will no longer cause Sims to forget certain achieved Milestones. In other words, the game will neither gaslight nor gatekeep your girlboss Sims anymore.
    We gave that creepy tree in San Sequoia a stern warning. It should no longer be encroaching upon the buildable area of the Sequoia Cottage lot.
    Sims will no longer earn the First Promotion milestone when getting a new job, no matter how much your Sim is willing to be annoying and debate the semantics of that.
    Toddlers should now be able to Sing a Song with infants without being interrupted.

This is really hopeful. I hope this fix actually makes milestones for rotational play.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,448 EA Community Manager
    Jordan1975 wrote: »
    I'm not playing online, and haven't done the update yet, but am having issues with the gallery not responding

Are you trying to upload a room by chance? If so, try adding a description. If not, please post over at AHQ via the link in my signature so we can take a look.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,436 Member
    Super excited for some of these fixes! Any time I can remove more mods from my folder is time to rejoice!
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Well, nothing like a surprise to brighten one's day.

After having stopped an update and turned off automatic updates, it STILL managed to force an update and install itself while my back was turned. Now my game, who was working fine up until now, is laggy and choppy while playing, and I'm getting messages about being disconnected from the internet even when I'm not. Thank you, patch. When I'm content with my game I can always count on you to change my experience. But hey, I can choose my sink.

*bitter mode turned off*

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    Jordan1975Jordan1975 Posts: 32 Member
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > Are you trying to upload a room by chance? If so, try adding a description. If not, please post over at AHQ via the link in my signature so we can take a look.

I was trying to look at my houses to place, and it just went blank, but I'll post
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Patch notes are up!

... .

Growing Together

This is really hopeful. I hope this fix actually makes milestones for rotational play.

Yeah I really hope the milestones bug is fixed now. :o Looking forward to buy Horse Ranch!
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited December 2023
    Lol, I thought that something was wrong with my game when I saw that it still required an update. :D
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,308 Member
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,954 Member
    I ask, because my new computer is pretty fast. It no longer takes my game ages to boot up. Yet, this patch is still going. I downloaded it about 11 AM Mountain time when it was available. Sheesh, I'm falling asleep in my desk chair waiting for it. Mind you, I am working a bit on my genealogy to help pass the time. Bouncing between this page and Ancestry. But still, It's almost 2:30 here.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 43 Member
    I'm so happy about these fixes. The Private Dwelling fix was a problem I had a long time ago, but now I can use it again!
    Oh, and the solo ovens and overdrinking with coffee/tea, thank you.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 246 Member
    Can now change apartment windows.

Wow, that's unexpected! I wonder why it isn't in the patch notes...

I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.