Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy Sims For Rent?

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    It's complicated.
    I am not sure. I was asked to please make some of my cc nails default, so installed sims 4 studio and did it. Had to do it in sections. Laptop goes for a bit then throws blue screens at me or it just freezes up. I have one more to do then I will uninstall it again. If it did that with sims 4 studio surely it will act up even more with a new pack. I am saving for a new one, but something always comes up using my savings :( Its frustrating because I always buy on release. Not sure my laptop will cope though.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,978 Member
    I will wait, perhaps for a sale
    "LiELF wrote:
    Do you think more than one week could be skipped with that method? Sometimes I get caught up with a household and could miss it. Also, when I go back to the Uni household, is it at the same time I left or after 6pm?

@LiELF Haha glad I could help :) Yes, you can skip as long as you want. When you rotate between households, the time (and season) carry on at the same rate. Like, if you are playing household A and it's 4:30 pm on Tuesday in spring when you finish up with them, and you rotate to another household, it will be 4:30pm on Tuesday in spring to start with household B.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    I will not buy it.
    they have apartments in the city, you move in get it fixed up, you leave, you come back and you cant get into your apartment. oh and if u try to rebuy it it will be empty. that was my experience with sims 4 apartments. and over the years ive gone back and tried to make it work with same results. so no apartments again for me/
  • Options
    OceancatOceancat Posts: 21 Member
    I'll wait to see the reviews and possibly for a sale. I also want to see that the world is a decent size. It looks like a promising pack but I am a little 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about having to pay for the apartments feature twice. I love city living but it should have come with buildable apartments in the first place. I'm sure I will end up buying it eventually though.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    As much as I like this new world, I'd like to find out more about the pack. Playing landlord may be fun for a few runs, but for longer term I think I'd be more interested in using the new lot type to simultaneously play separate households on the same lot. I'm still not sure how this would work, or if it would function the same as City Living. I'd also like to know what features can be toggled off. I won't always want to be dealing with the the upkeep of the building or dealing with burglars or mold.
    I'm also curious if owning multiple properties is limited to rentals, or is it possible to just own multiple residences?
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,914 Member
    I will buy it early enough for the bonus items.
    I'm also curious if owning multiple properties is limited to rentals, or is it possible to just own multiple residences?

I would think you could at least set it up so that you own several properties that technically have the lot type "residential rental," but only set them up for your sim's household and never rent them out to anyone.
  • Options
    they have apartments in the city, you move in get it fixed up, you leave, you come back and you cant get into your apartment. oh and if u try to rebuy it it will be empty. that was my experience with sims 4 apartments. and over the years ive gone back and tried to make it work with same results. so no apartments again for me/

That's interesting, I've never heard of that particular bug before. Did you ever report it?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,069 Member
    Between this and "It's complicated"

Depends on pre-pack patch. If major bugs I wait... If fixes I really want, I update, and then may as well buy at release.

Preorder B)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    rabidtrianglerabidtriangle Posts: 4 New Member
    I have/will preorder(ed) the pack.
    I'm excited about the social aspects of the new EP and would buy it just for those reasons, alone. Having a sim be able to snoop gives a lot of options for storytelling. I'm a little anxious about the price point being so high, but that's EA. I'm not super excited to play as a landlord, though, just the different social dynamics between the residents/renters? I find it kind of tone deaf to release a Landlords pack considering the huge housing crunch going on.
  • Options
    I'm not super excited to play as a landlord, though, just the different social dynamics between the residents/renters? I find it kind of tone deaf to release a Landlords pack considering the huge housing crunch going on.

You literally don't have to, though.

Anyway, the housing crunch also impacts home purchases, but our sims can buy houses. Sims have to live somewhere.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    It's complicated.
    I thought I reached a point with the Sims 4 where I felt like I didn't need anymore packs to further complete my game, but then this pack shows up and of course it's something that's perfect for my existing playstyle. I'm also the person who does my best to wait for a sale before buying packs, but if I'm being honest with myself the last time I've been this exited for a new pack launch was around the time of Seasons, not even Growing Together, a pack I've been dreaming of had me this excited. So I might just give in and pre order.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I have already preordered the pack. I am super excited from the start about it and now with the newer video showing that you can have 6 units with 8 sims per unit. OMG so excited.
  • Options
    EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    edited November 2023
    If my budget allows for it around december and it looks functional enough I might go for it, but if it doesn't I might just settle for either eco or uni and wait until it inevitably goes on sale (around 1 year later with barely any price reductions)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Insta-buy😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It's complicated.
    I need to see more info ie reviews, livestream of the pack etc. The core gameplay of this with building apartments and what I can make sense of is what we in the uk call a semi detached house (I have no idea what a duplex is to me it sounds a bit like a semi detached house). Also the landlord stuff doesn’t appeal to me. However I want to see the world and the other aspects of it ie the night food market and animal sanctuary to see if it’s worth buying on release or on a sale.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I will probably wait for a sale of some sort or a reseller price. I do not buy TS4 packs full price anymore and will stand by that haha.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    It's complicated.
    I need more info but I will most likely get it day 1 if I feel it has enough content for the EP price.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited November 2023
    I'm buying before the cut off date to get the bonus items for sure... Not sure when I will be able to play. Planning on upgrading my CPU, motherboard, and RAM while adding another NVMe drive depending on sales.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    logion wrote: »
    This choice suits me pretty well.

I do feel slightly more interested in the pack than horse ranch (which I still haven't bought). But I am mostly interested in it because I would like to try and build apartments, I like the setting and I would like to have a pack to play over the holidays.

But I'm not sure if playing a landlord or playing or encountering sims snooping on each other and breaking and entering into places will be fun.

If I can't control the sims who live in these different apartments either then I worry that they will not be able to take care of their needs (like the roommates in the dorms in Discover University).

With you on the snooping and B & E, at least one of which is a criminal act punishable by jail time. Sad that EA seems to be promoting such activity as OK. So much for this game being family friendly.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    This choice suits me pretty well.

I do feel slightly more interested in the pack than horse ranch (which I still haven't bought). But I am mostly interested in it because I would like to try and build apartments, I like the setting and I would like to have a pack to play over the holidays.

But I'm not sure if playing a landlord or playing or encountering sims snooping on each other and breaking and entering into places will be fun.

If I can't control the sims who live in these different apartments either then I worry that they will not be able to take care of their needs (like the roommates in the dorms in Discover University).

With you on the snooping and B & E, at least one of which is a criminal act punishable by jail time. Sad that EA seems to be promoting such activity as OK. So much for this game being family friendly.

People have spent the last twenty years finding creative ways to murder their sims; I don't know that I would say that this game has ever been 100% family friendly, even from day one.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    It's complicated.
    Not really complicated but none of the other choices fit. 😄

Ditto.
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 39 Member
    I most likely won't be preordering and sales for this expansion probably won't be happening until at least a year after it releases. It /does/ sound like a promising expansion and I am interested in most of the new things, but still on the fence about putting down full price for an expansion.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I may pre order and I will definitely buy it early. I've been waiting for this for so long. But I am a little worried about my gaming laptop, it is sagging under the weight of my DLC.
  • Options
    hof1971hof1971 Posts: 27 Member
    I will either buy through another site at a discount or wait on a sale. These packs are entirely too expensive for what you are getting. You are getting EPs at game prices not EP prices with EA, not to mention there is rarely enough in the current EPs to even call them EPs, they are more like glorified game packs. Most games would sell this at half that price so that is what I am willing to pay.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    It's complicated.
    Maybe someday. I don't hate the idea of it, like I hate some other packs, so I might get it eventually on sale, if it's not too buggy and the gameplay is worth it. It's been a while since there was a new expansion pack I was trully interested in.